How The AAPK Monthly Knife Giveaway's Work <REVISED>

Enter our knife drawings here.
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

How The AAPK Monthly Knife Giveaway's Work <REVISED>

Post by bestgear »

I've gotten several inquiries again about how the monthly AAPK knife giveaway's work. Here's a revised step-by-step explanation:

How to Be A Donor:
1. Perennial Donors - I maintain a list of a forum member that has stepped forward and said they'd like to be a donor for the SAME MONTH EVERY YEAR. Right now, I have 1 anonymous donor scheduled for every February. If you’d like to be a perennial donor, please contact me directly to discuss.

2. Monthly Donor - I also maintain the list of the forum members that have stepped forward and said they'd like to be a donor for the NEXT AVAILABLE MONTH. To be a monthly donor, email me your images (up to 10) and your brief description of the knife you intend to donate. Along with your images and description, please provide me, in that same email, your full name, address, telephone number and email address so that I can contact you if necessary.

Once I am in full receipt of the above, you will be added to the list for the next available month and my confirmation email will “lock-you-in”.

How the Giveaway Works:
3. On the 1st of each month, I post a new topic for that month's knife giveaway with the pictures and description provided by the knife donor and forum members choose a number (0-999) for that month's giveaway anytime during the month.

4. On the last day of the month at 6pm Eastern time, the list of participants is closed and entries after that time are not considered for the giveaway.

5. The winner is determined by the Illinois State Lottery evening (11pm) pick three drawing on the last day of the month.

6. The individual closest to the selected number without going over wins the monthly knife giveaway.

7. The next day, I send the winner a PM and they have 5 days to respond with their name and shipping address. If they don't respond within the allotted time, then the knife is given away to the next closest winner on the list without going over.

8. I then contact the knife donor with the winner’s name and shipping address and the knife donor pays for and ships them the donated knife using the carrier and service of their choosing.

There is no financial support from or to AAPK associated with the knife giveaway, it's simply a fun game of chance that contributes to the knife community. I hope that answers many of your questions and I hope many of you that haven't already donated a knife will consider doing so.

I am looking for 5 donors to complete the 2021 lineup, anybody interested.
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: How The AAPK Monthly Knife Giveaway's Work <REVISED>

Post by jerryd6818 »

In case you are new to AAPK and don't know where the monthly give away post/thread is, it's here ---► viewforum.php?f=23 -- Just click on that link. It will take you right to that location.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Thanks Jerry - posting that link is helpful.

I am looking for 5 donors to complete the 2021 giveaway lineup, anybody interested?

Right now we don't have a giveaway after August. If you want to feel good about yourself and make a fellow pocket knife enthusiast happy, follow the instructions above to become a giveaway donor!
Tom
AAPK Administrator

TPK

Post by TPK »

Sending you a PM. ::tu::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Matthew 7:7-8 says "Ask, and it shall be given"

A few weeks ago I put out the word that I was looking for five more donors to complete the 2021 line-up and we were blessed with five fantastic donors and five superb knives coming up. And whoever said that men don't follow directions don't know about AAPK men because every one of them followed the instructions above ...how about that! ::ds::

I'm looking for 1 more donor right now ... for January of 2022 ... anyone want to feel good about themselves by being a donor? ::nod::
Tom
AAPK Administrator

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

You know what mate.
My birthday falls on Feburary, so January will be my gift to all you guys.
Sign me up mate!
::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

WillyCamaro wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:16 pm You know what mate.
My birthday falls on Feburary, so January will be my gift to all you guys.
Sign me up mate!
::tu::
Thank Willy! To be on the donor list, email me your images (up to 10) and your brief description of the knife you intend to donate. Along with your images and description, please provide me, in that same email, your full name, address, telephone number and email address so that I can contact you if necessary. Once I am in full receipt of the above, you will be added to the list for the next available month and my confirmation email will “lock-you-in”. Right now the next open month is March 2022 but that could change by the time you get locked-in. Hope that helps. Tom
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Tom , would like to donate a new piece for this . Don’t really do E mail . Can we get set up thru pm ? Have piece ,pics and willing to donate.
JP
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Ripster wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:18 pm Tom , would like to donate a new piece for this . Don’t really do E mail . Can we get set up thru pm ? Have piece ,pics and willing to donate.
PM sent
Tom
AAPK Administrator

KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Tom, (Bestgear) made the following statement in May's MKGA thread.
I'm sure there's a psychology case study somewhere here that will never be written :shock:
My rant:

I agree, Tom. It still amazes me 'someone' will purposely register themselves on AAPK for the sole purpose of "picking a number" for the MKGA and then NEVER check back in at the end of the month. Bryan desires and wants FULL participation in this program he started many, many years ago. But this is NOT a one or two man show. If one picks a number for the Monthly Knife Giveaway, then each person should have the mindset of 'personal responsibility' to try and remember to check in at the end of each month to see if they are the winner.

Yeah, yeah...I know 'life' gets in the way; however, there are a multitude of things one can do to REMIND them to check back in on a given date. This is not rocket science.

One must remember also, that Tom has a life too. What if he has plans to do something at the end of the month, but because a "1st winner" doesn't check back in, now Tom has to wait five days to see if that person responds. Sometimes, things can't be done via cell phone...well, because of 'life'. Tom, as the MKGA coordinator, shouldn't have to fret over whether he can or cannot make plans because someone doesn't respect what goes into what Tom does for AAPK each month. I know and fully understand that other AAPK veterans will pick up the slack if need be, but that too just exacerbates the issue of something that should be so very SIMPLE.

So, if you are a "newbie" who registers for the Monthly Knife Giveaway, or if you're someone who hasn't signed in for several years, but do so for the purpose of picking a number, then have some respect for the program and for those who coordinate it. Make a concerted effort to REMEMBER to check back in to see if you're the winner. This alone will help alleviate some frustration on the part of those who diligently take time out of THEIR life to make YOUR life more pleasing and eventful.

Thank you Tom for all you do in making the MKGA a success. Personally, I don't believe you're told "Thank You" enough...but that's just me. And that goes for all the Administrators working in the background here at AAPK too. Much Respect! ::handshake::

For the record:

June 2021: It took four different notifications to get a winner
October 2021: It took three different notifications to get a winner
December 2021: It took two different notifications to get a winner
January 2022: It took two different notifications to get a winner
May 2022: It took two different notifications to get a winner

Off my soapbox...(until next time, somewhere, some thread that needs addressed) If I've hurt anyone's feelings...TOUGH!
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."

Return to “AAPK Knife Giveaways”