January 2021 AAPK Knife Giveaway

Enter our knife drawings here.
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

January 2021 AAPK Knife Giveaway

Post by bestgear »

This month Robert (rcwar56) has donated a beautiful Cattaraugus Cutlery Model #D2589 BSA #1087 “Whitt-L-Kraft”. From the donor:
“This is a Vintage CATTARAUGUS CUTLERY CO. Model No. D2589 BSA #1087 “Whitt-L-Kraft” Official Boy Scouts of America 4-Blade Scout Knife. I believe Cattaraugus was the 5th knife maker that was authorized to make a knife for the BSA. The knife has 2 cutting blades and 4 different tools. The main blade is a used and sharpened carbon steel spear point with a common nail pull. According to Cattaraugus this blade was for coarser work. Both blade faces have scratches from use and sharpening and just a little scattered micro-pitting to light very scattered pitting with a small cluster near the blade tip on the rear face. Stamped on the front tang is the Model No. of D2589. The other cutting blade is a used and sharpened carbon steel coping blade with a common nail pull. Cattaraugus said this blade was for finer work. Both faces have scattered light pitting. The blade looks to be unused and unsharpened. Stamped on the front tang is CATTARAUGUS (in an arch) (over) CUTLERY CO. (over) LITTLE VALLEY (over) N.Y. Now for the tool blades. On the same end as the spear blade is a carbon steel 3-tool combo blade with a brass thumb stud in lieu of a nail-pull for opening the blade. This combo blade has a bottle opener, a can opener and a flat blade screwdriver. Both faces have scattered light pitting. When closed the thumb stud seats into a notch on top of the front scale. The final blade, which is on the same end as the coping blade, is a carbon steel hollow chisel blade with a common nail pull. Cattaraugus said this blade was for extra fine close in work. There’s just a tiny bit of extremely minor pitting on the concave side of the blade. Despite some light pitting all four blades polished up well. All four blades still have good to excellent plus open and close snap. The knife has a nice set of dark brown jigged stag scales. They’re in perfect condition with no cracks, splits or missing chips. There is a brightly polished nickel silver 8-sided shield inlaid in the front scale. Stamped on it is the fleur-de-lis design with the Eagle with its wings spread within it and BE PREPARED stamped beneath that. The stamping is deep, clear and very legible with little wear. There is a notch in the top of the front scale where the thumb stud rests when the combo blade is closed. There’s a shallow easy open on top of the rear scale that allows for easier access to the nail pull on the hollow chisel blade. There are three polished nickel silver handle pins in each scale. The knife has polished nickel silver rounded bolsters. They are free of any dents but may have a ding or two. The steel shackle is still attached to the bolsters with nickel silver rivets. The knife came with and without a bail and this one has one. The knife has brightly polished brass liners and a thicker more heavy-duty bottom center brass liner. The knife has two heavy duty steel back springs. Both back springs are free of any cracks or breaks and both continue to perform the functions they were designed to perform. This great vintage Cattaraugus Model No. D2589 Whitt-L-Kraft is an official Boy Scouts of America pocketknife and is 3 1/2” in length.”

Good luck!
Instructions for entering the giveaway...

Simply click here and select a number between 0 and 999.

You will have until January 31st (6:00 P.M. Eastern) to pick a number. The winner will be determined by the Illinois State Lottery evening pick three drawing on January 31st. The individual closest to the selected number without going over will win. The Illinois lottery results can be found on the following website:

https://www.illinoislottery.com/dbg/results/pick3

You must be 18 years of age or older to play. The winner will be sent an AAPK PM after the drawing and will have 10 days to respond with contact and shipping information. If the winner does not respond within the 10 days, the knife will be offered in the same manner to the next player on the list without going over.

Good Luck!
Attachments
Image 1.jpg
Image 2.jpg
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: January 2021 AAPK Knife Giveaway

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Nice prize! Thanks Robert. ::tu:: ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
TPK

Post by TPK »

Beautiful knife! ::nod:: Thanks for the chance to win such a cool piece of cutlery Robert! ::handshake:: ::super_happy::

And for the organisation Tom! ::tu:: ::nod::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Knife Nut
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Knife Nut »

Wow, that's a great vintage knife!

Paul
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Oh my, that tis a beauty!

Thank you for the chance to win Robert; and as always, thank you Tom for running everything.
::handshake::

Willy
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Thanks for the chance, Robert! That's a great old knife! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Beautiful knife !
Thanks for the opportunity .... ::tu::
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

What a wonderful old knife! Thank you for the opportunity.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Wow, that is a beauty! Probably too nice for my collection of Boy Scout knives, but I will enter anyway!
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Wonderful old knife. thanks. ::handshake::
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Very nice knife...a Diamond in the Rough. ::tu:: Thanks Robert for your donation. Someone will be very happy to get this one.

Thank you again, Tom for coordinating another monthly knife give away. ::handshake::

Good luck to all who enter...
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thank you for your generous donation Robert, ::handshake:: and thank you Tom ::handshake:: for continuing to organize these events! 8)
8)
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

We have a winner ..... Congratulations to jtmorse whose pick of 031 was close enough to the drawn number of 033 without going over ..... please reply to the PM you have received to claim your prize! Thank you to all that participated and to our donor for providing a top-notch contribution that drew 106 participants. Tom ::handshake::
Attachments
January 2021 Winnng Number.JPG
Tom
AAPK Administrator

KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Congrats!...to JTMorse ::tu::
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Well a very knice surprise for JTMorse. And a great donation from rcwar56. Congratulations. ::handshake::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Congratulations J.T.! ::tu:: Enjoy your new treasure! 8)
8)
TPK

Post by TPK »

Congrats J.T.! What a great knife! ::nod:: ::tu:: :D

Grump01
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Grump01 »

Congrats JTMorse ! ! ! !
Don
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Well done sir, she was right on the money. ::tu::

And as always, a big thank you too the donater for the chance to win, and too Tom for running these.
::handshake::
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Of late, we've had a propensity of monthly knife winners that haven't responded to my PM in the allotted 10-days and for January it has happened twice (so far). JTMorse (had until 2/10) and Ricky (had until 2/20) failed to reply to my PM so I am declaring Mumbleypeg the new winner of the beautiful Cattaraugus BSA knife that rcwr56 (Bob) has donated. Now the wait begins for another 10-days
::pace:: Tom
Tom
AAPK Administrator

TPK

Post by TPK »

Heeeey! ::ds:: Congrats Buddy! ::handshake:: ::super_happy::

New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

bestgear wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:40 am Of late, we've had a propensity of monthly knife winners that haven't responded to my PM in the allotted 10-days and for January it has happened twice (so far). JTMorse (had until 2/10) and Ricky (had until 2/20) failed to reply to my PM so I am declaring Mumbleypeg the new winner of the beautiful Cattaraugus BSA knife that rcwr56 (Bob) has donated. Now the wait begins for another 10-days
::pace:: Tom
You mentioned JTMorse and Ricky.
Just out of curiosity, what happened to Kramersknife?
::shrug::
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

::super_happy:: Wow! I guess I’m a winner by forfeit! :lol: As a lifelong Scouter and a collector of scout knife patterns, I humbly accept the beautiful Cattaraugus WHITT-L-KRAFT Official BSA knife. Thanks Robert for a great prize. It looks like a nice example!

Skip, I checked and I do see member Kramersknife picked a number that is between the lottery number 33 and my number 13. However if you look at the entry list, Kramersknife’s pick was made February 18th, which is after the drawing was completed on January 31. Apparently the number selection software allows entries after the drawing is over. ::shrug:: If my conclusion is incorrect I will gladly concede the prize. I certainly don’t want to accept if I’m not a legitimate winner but in this case it appears Kramersknife didn’t submit an entry until after the contest ended.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:45 pm Wow.....
Ken, yes, I see that now. Wasn't trying to screw anyone over,
just thought an error had occurred. Congratulations. ::tu::
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Congrats Ken! It tis good it's going to you mate, and remember to post pics with your other babies.

And thanks again to the giver, and to you Tom, you keep everything ship shape, and in line matey. Arrrrrr.
::tu::
Winston Churchill

Return to “AAPK Knife Giveaways”