FedEx stupidity

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
cody6268

Re: FedEx stupidity

Post by cody6268 »

I hate FedEx, but it seems most sellers offer USPS or FedEx.

Here's a package I'm tracking right now. Shipped 9/17 (Friday) scheduled for 9/20 (yesterday). As of 9/20 (today), it is still in transit.

Screenshot 2021-09-21 142341.png
I do not understand, at all why the seller sent the package via FedEx. The item (a lot of used pocketknives) would have fit in a USPS Small Flat Rate box and would've been cheaper to ship that way. I was charged $14 for shipping. The only reason I even bought the lot is that the three I wanted it for are worth more than that; one of which alone is worth what I paid. - Appears this seller is a pawnshop in FL going by their username. I am presuming they must ship a lot of firearms or other items that can't go USPS.

There are four entries for "In Transit" in Grove City, OH (regional FedEx hub for my area). One every evening and morning since Sunday night when it arrived there.
Screenshot 2021-09-21 141923.png
I am wondering if it could be due to the seller screwing up when inputting the info, which could've led to the package being taken aside for inspection or something.

The lot of knives weighs close to two pounds. Yet, they've given the weight as .1 pounds. That's about the size of ONE average pocketknife.
Screenshot 2021-09-21 142359.png
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Or how about the recent report that a Fedex driver dumped 400 parcels in a ravine in Alabama, taking him 6 trips to drop them all. Hope no one had any knives in that mess. ::shrug::
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
julietanannen

Post by julietanannen »

The delivery of your packages via FedEx delivery is a terrible idea. From my experience, they didn't care about the items inside the boxes, last year they delivered two packages with glass vases COMPLETLY destroyed. It took me some time to get some compensation for this situation from them. FedEx doesn't have the proper notification service about the status of your package, and they pushed me to search my package delivery status by myself. Hopefully, I found this tracking site https://www.postsendungsverfolgung.com/de/. That allowed me to see what was going on with the delivery.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

A few days before Christmas my wife and I were in town, and stopped at a traffic light behind a FedEx delivery truck. The light changed to green, and as the FedEx driver turned the corner the rear door of the truck swung open and several packages fell out into the street. The driver continued on. ::dang::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

Quickest way to lose my business is to send me a package by FedEx Surepost.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”