More than just a,"belt latch"..........

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
knife7knut

Re: More than just a,"belt latch"..........

Post by knife7knut »

Fantastic belt buckles Cody and great history with them! Thanks for sharing them with us! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
mrwatch

Post by mrwatch »

Dan In MI wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:37 am Very nice buckles and beer stein, Cody. (As an aside, I've heard that Germans call it a Bierkrug--beer mug--and not a stein. Maybe TPK can confirm.)
As I learned it a Stein has a cover, to keep the fly's out, before window screens. no cover it is a mug. I took my grand fathers stein to a collector club meet, and no one could I'd it. I also have a lithopane, hold the bottom to a light and look inside and you see a scene in the bottom.
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

I used to wear these on stage but they can really bang up the back of a guitar so they're now in a box in the closet.
1. WAMU FM is a "public" radio station from American University in D.C. They used to have Bluegrass twenty some hours a week, including a Sunday morning gospel show. Now its streamed and the on-air station is 24/7 public social whining. I did a benefit concert for them back in the 80's and the buckles were a donation premium.
2. Don't know where or how I got the San Francisco buckle. Maybe in a box lot knife deal.
3. The RED MAN, massively heavy, deep relief, beautifully cast and finished. My favorite. Some one offered me quite a sum for it but......
J.O'.
Attachments
IMG_3193.jpg
IMG_3195.jpg
IMG_3196.jpg
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

mrwatch wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:50 pm I also have a lithopane, hold the bottom to a light and look inside and you see a scene in the bottom.
Sounds pretty neat. I'm gonna have to Google that one!
Ridgegrass wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:23 pm RED MAN, massively heavy, deep relief, beautifully cast and finished. My favorite.
I used to love Red Man. Seeing that buckle almost made me want to go grab a pouch.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

Don't do it Dan ! I'll take it down! We'll talk! :D

Only tried that once when I was around eleven. One accidental swallow and I was cured. J.O'.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

No worries, JO. I'm done with chewing tobacco altogether.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”