Any Train Enthusiasts Out There?

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Any Train Enthusiasts Out There?

Post by Waukonda »

DM11 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:43 pm High speed low drag DS blazing through.
That is an awesome picture! The only good thing about a gloomy, gray day is seeing the lights of a train in the misty distance and waiting to watch it barreling through.That, of course, is an overstatement but you know what I mean.
Ike
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Cool pix, David. Looks like we were having similar weather.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I was monkeying around the Christmas tree with some different filters last night. No, I don't smoke.😵 🚭

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

KIMG5397.JPG
David
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

DM11 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:58 pmKIMG5397.JPG
Great pic with that Ferromex loco flanked by the BNSF, great looking sky........you should think about having a copy made to hang on the wall!
Ike
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Cool, David. Since when has Ferromex paired with BNSF? I have just started seeing these power lash-ups recently.

BTW- anyone interested in viewing my video above can click on this, not sure why it won't play normally? ::shrug::
Attachments
Screenshot_20221214-203716.png

DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Waukonda wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:45 pm
DM11 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:58 pmKIMG5397.JPG
Great pic with that Ferromex loco flanked by the BNSF, great looking sky........you should think about having a copy made to hang on the wall!
1967redrider wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:41 am Cool, David. Since when has Ferromex paired with BNSF? I have just started seeing these power lash-ups recently.

BTW- anyone interested in viewing my video above can click on this, not sure why it won't play normally? ::shrug::
Thank you Ike and John. ::handshake::

John, Ferromex has been paired with BNSF around these parts for some time. Probably around ten years give or take a little. Certainly seeing more of them the last couple years.
David
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

DM11 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:30 am
John, Ferromex has been paired with BNSF around these parts for some time. Probably around ten years give or take a little. Certainly seeing more of them the last couple years.

Thanks for the info, David. They are new to my eyes. 😉

bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Just after we put food items in the blessing box this feller came down the track, and the boss waved and the engineer opened the window and waved back, kinda tickled that ole gal.
Attachments
20221219_083638.jpg
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Very cool, bighomer. ::tu::

Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

Nice sunny day, so I decided to check the action at a fairly local UP subdivision. Not a lot happening, but as I left and was a mile or so down the road, I heard a train approaching, and pulled over to take a look. I fully expected another UP mixed freight (ho hum), instead I was surprised to see a CSX, KCS, and UP combo.
Attachments
20221220_122423.jpg
20221220_130400.jpg
20221220_123802.jpg
VideoCapture_20221220-133644.jpg
Ike
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Cool power latch-up, Ike. 😎👍👍

TPK

Post by TPK »

Nice pictures Ike. ::tu:: :D
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I posted this vid on Christmas day, my dad's old Lionel Illinois Central set running under our Christmas tree, just like he probably did on Christmas day when he was 10 years old. I'm pretty sure this set came out in 1955- the F3-A/B diesel with an Evans auto carrier, Santa Fe reefer, New York Central Pacemaker boxcar and a red unlabeled lighted bay window caboose.

Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

Nice video, John!
Ike
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Thanks, Ike!

Snapped a few shots of NS EMDs in action yesterday, my wife said, "because inside of every man is a little boy who still loves trains."
Attachments
IMG_20221227_110453076.jpg
IMG_1126.jpg
IMG_20221227_110504348_HDR.jpg

TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

I just found this very cool video showing several Lionel commercials from 1961. I remember seeing the engineering sets in the Lionel catalogs, but never had any of them. I suspect those sets might now be fairly rare.

"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Cool video find, TFL. 😎👍

1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

1967redrider wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:41 am

Apparently I only have to do this to view YouTube vids when using my Android phone. ::shrug::

Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Very cool commercials TFL, thanks. I was about six in 1961 and remember getting my first Lionel train set around Christmas 1962 or 63. I don't remember the Lionel Science sets but wonder if the fact that Lionel's big competitor was Gilbert (they owned American Flyer S Gauge train sets) but their biggest item was the Gilbert Erector Set and the Gilbert Chemistry Set (I got a nice Gilbert Chemistry set for Christmas in 1965). Looks like Lionel acquired Porter and began competing against Gilberts market. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

I have several thousand train slides I shot in eastern NC and southeastern VA from about 1975 to about 1992. I'll post a few of them. OH
Attachments
NS GP38 2760 on Neuse River Trestle at Bridgeton NC (looking across at New Bern) 10-25-88.JPG
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

The 2 man crew of this SD70 stopped and got out to grab some grub at a nearby C-store. I decided to walk over and get a pic. That is a billboard showing above the rear of the loco.
Attachments
20230110_154108.jpg
Ike
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Very cool, OH and Ike. ::tu:: ::tu::

Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

Old Hunter wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:44 pm I have several thousand train slides I shot in eastern NC and southeastern VA from about 1975 to about 1992. I'll post a few of them. OH
Somehow, I missed your post yesterday when I was on this thread. That is an awesome photo, and really looking forward to more!!!
Ike
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I'm looking forward to seeing more too, OH. Looks like a Southern diesel is behind the Norfolk Southern crossing the trestle. 😎👍

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”