"Diecast Collecting"

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: "Diecast Collecting"

Post by Just Plain Dave »

They have both found homes in a Ford storage container.
Looking for the magic penny!
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

knife7knut wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:17 am Dug this out of the shop today;it was buried behind one of my display cases. A classic diner of about 1/32nd scale(car posed next to it is a 1/32nd 41 Cadillac).It is pretty detailed and lights up when it is plugged in.In actuality it is a telephone!
👍💎💎🏎👍
John ✌️
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

The local flea market continues to produce great finds. Today I found a most unusual car:a 1/18th scale model of a Callaway C12 Corvette with a paint job done by some artist called,"Jo ortlund"(that is the way it is spelled)and made by Auto Art. Although it has no box or stand,it still had the tissue paper in the hatch holding in the replaceable top section.A bit of dust and haze which cleaned up nicely with a bit of liquid polish.
Checked the going prices of these and they start at around $100. Considering I only paid ten bucks for it I think I did well.
Also picked up a Play Art Mercury fire chief's car for a buck.
Attachments
AutoArtCallawayC12MokuByJoOrtlund$10 001.jpg
AutoArtCallawayC12MokuByJoOrtlund$10 002.jpg
AutoArtCallawayC12MokuByJoOrtlund$10 003.jpg
MercuryFireChief'sCarPlayArt 001.jpg
MercuryFireChief'sCarPlayArt 002.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Got a box of loose and carded today.
Crown Jewel.....
Hotwheels 1968 Mercury Cougar (HWRedliners) cr 2015 Mattel Malaysia.jpg
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

I had one each 63 Chevy and 56 Ford sent to me.
Found another of each at Family Dollar.
This didn't turn out great.....
Hotwheels Custom 62 Chevy Truck Purple.jpg
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Golden Arrow from 2002
Hotwheels Golden Arrow cr 2002 Mattel Malaysia.jpg
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

I finally got around to taking (and editing) some photos of my Ertl John Deere Model D. It was made in the USA early in 1994. Prior to coming into my house, it has never been out of the box. Since the box was partially open (by design), it is a little dusty, but it's as-new. The last picture shows it with a Harvest Heritage trading card, also produced by Ertl in 1994.
Ertl John Deere Model D.jpg
Model D Operator's Station.jpg
Model D With Card.jpg
I thought I was done with die-cast. However, farm toys represent not necessarily a lifestyle I'd like to live, but a setting I'd like to find myself in.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Dan In MI wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:55 am I finally got around to taking (and editing) some photos of my Ertl John Deere Model D. It was made in the USA early in 1994. Prior to coming into my house, it has never been out of the box. Since the box was partially open (by design), it is a little dusty, but it's as-new. The last picture shows it with a Harvest Heritage trading card, also produced by Ertl in 1994.

Ertl John Deere Model D.jpg

Model D Operator's Station.jpg

Model D With Card.jpg

I thought I was done with die-cast. However, farm toys represent not necessarily a lifestyle I'd like to live, but a setting I'd like to find myself in.
Nice, there is something about machinery. :)
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

cudgee wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:13 am Nice, there is something about machinery. :)
Yes indeed. I actually kind of miss driving through California's farm country and having to wait to safely pass a tractor or a big sprayer. I can only imagine you have some interesting machinery in Australia!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Dan In MI wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:17 am
cudgee wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:13 am Nice, there is something about machinery. :)
Yes indeed. I actually kind of miss driving through California's farm country and having to wait to safely pass a tractor or a big sprayer. I can only imagine you have some interesting machinery in Australia!
::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod:: We did design the initial stripper/header. They were cutting edge at the time. Some of the old machinery you see at agricultural shows is fantastic. When you can see the original header up against a modern header, just mind blowing how far we have come. You have a good week. ::handshake:: :)
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

cudgee wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:42 am
::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod:: We did design the initial stripper/header. They were cutting edge at the time. Some of the old machinery you see at agricultural shows is fantastic. When you can see the original header up against a modern header, just mind blowing how far we have come. You have a good week. ::handshake:: :)
Exactly mates.
::tu::

But now machinery is getting outta hand; it's passing from too big, to stupid big. And stupid big prices to match...
How'd you like to spend over 600 grand, for just a single combine. Or how about a million for a seeding outfit.
::uc::

That ain't by far the worst of it... $60,000-$70,000 for a pickup is just stupid IMHO.

Jup,
If guys are dumb enough to buy 'em (flease), compainies are more then happy to build them.
:lol:
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

WillyCamaro wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:46 am
Exactly mates.

But now machinery is getting outta hand; it's passing from too big, to stupid big. And stupid big prices to match...
How'd you like to spend over 600 grand, for just a single combine. Or how about a million for a seeding outfit.

That ain't by far the worst of it... $60,000-$70,000 for a pickup is just stupid IMHO.

Jup,
If guys are dumb enough to buy 'em (flease), compainies are more then happy to build them.
Plus, plus, you have to be a computer expert to operate the things. ::facepalm::
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

cudgee wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:01 am
WillyCamaro wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:46 am
Exactly mates.

Jup,
Plus, plus, you have to be a computer expert to operate the things. ::facepalm::
::nod::

::barf::
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

WillyCamaro wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:46 am That ain't by far the worst of it... $60,000-$70,000 for a pickup is just stupid IMHO.
I can't fathom spending that kind of dough for a bloated, unnecessarily complicated, and (quite frankly) ugly vehicle...only to be very upset when it suffered a minor dent. Now that Dodge trucks only come with automatic transmissions, I'll never own a brand-new truck anyway. The only brand-new vehicle that would remotely interest me is a Jeep Wrangler. But since I don't like the safety garbage the Gubmint mandates or the manner in which vehicles are marketed nowadays, I'm glad I'd be denied a loan for one.
USN 2000-2006
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Might have overpaid by 5 or 6 bucks but oh my.
Johnny Lightning 1940 Ford F-100 cr 1997 Praying Mantis China.jpg
Goodyear Rubber Tires. Hood raises to a flathead V8.
And the stamp billboard.

On the 62 Chevy in purple.
I sanded the roof smooth.
Applied more purple.
And it looks like a vinyl top.
I need to get some fine steel wool because every other painter om YouTube paints a shiny vehicle.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Dan In MI wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:21 am
WillyCamaro wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:46 am That ain't by far the worst of it... $60,000-$70,000 for a pickup is just stupid IMHO.
I can't fathom spending that kind of dough for a bloated, unnecessarily complicated, and (quite frankly) ugly vehicle...only to be very upset when it suffered a minor dent. Now that Dodge trucks only come with automatic transmissions, I'll never own a brand-new truck anyway. The only brand-new vehicle that would remotely interest me is a Jeep Wrangler. But since I don't like the safety garbage the Gubmint mandates or the manner in which vehicles are marketed nowadays, I'm glad I'd be denied a loan for one.
Yup mate, exactly where I stand too.

The truck I dig, tis the new gen Dodge, with the 12-valve Cummins. Yummy!
Winston Churchill

cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

A current-production ERTL New Holland T7070 and an older baler (also from ERTL) celebrating the 50th anniversary of New Holland hay balers in 1990. It is gold chrome plated. It was on the card when I got it (as a freebie with other tractors I bought), but that card was badly yellowed and cracked, so I freed it.

At 225HP; the T7070 is among the more powerful tractors in 1/64 that I own. ERTL used the same casting for Deere balers, among others.
KIMG3061.JPG
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

WillyCamaro wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:29 am

I spec'd a 2020 RAM 1500 Classic (the old-school body style). I had selected an eight-foot bed, single cab; and only options being skidplates and the chrome grille/trim. It was nearly 40K! for basically what was a stripped-down fleet truck. Compared to the similarly spec'd 1998 Dodge Ram I've got, and that was $16000; and it's got pretty much all the options offered back then.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Just Plain Dave wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:43 am Might have overpaid by 5 or 6 bucks but oh my.
Johnny Lightning 1940 Ford F-100 cr 1997 Praying Mantis China.jpg
Goodyear Rubber Tires. Hood raises to a flathead V8.
And the stamp billboard.

On the 62 Chevy in purple.
I sanded the roof smooth.
Applied more purple.
And it looks like a vinyl top.
I need to get some fine steel wool because every other painter om YouTube paints a shiny vehicle.
8) ::tu::
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

How bout a swapped Vulcan for your viewing pleasure.
8)
Attachments
DSCN5065.JPG
DSCN5066.JPG
DSCN5067.JPG
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

cody6268 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:29 am A current-production ERTL New Holland T7070 and an older baler (also from ERTL) celebrating the 50th anniversary of New Holland hay balers in 1990. It is gold chrome plated. It was on the card when I got it (as a freebie with other tractors I bought), but that card was badly yellowed and cracked, so I freed it.

At 225HP; the T7070 is among the more powerful tractors in 1/64 that I own. ERTL used the same casting for Deere balers, among others.

KIMG3061.JPG
Nice setup mate; but 225 herspers is a bit much for that 326... ::woot::

:lol: ::tu::
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

cody6268 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:31 am
WillyCamaro wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:29 am

I spec'd a 2020 RAM 1500 Classic (the old-school body style). I had selected an eight-foot bed, single cab; and only options being skidplates and the chrome grille/trim. It was nearly 40K! for basically what was a stripped-down fleet truck. Compared to the similarly spec'd 1998 Dodge Ram I've got, and that was $16000; and it's got pretty much all the options offered back then.
::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod::

::facepalm::
Winston Churchill

knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Thought I would post this one up seeing as how people are posting farm equipment.My only piece of farm equipment other than an old red plastic tractor. Both of these toys I had when I was a kid in the early 1950's.(I'm 77 years old now) Not sure who made the metal John Deere tractor but it wasn't cheap when I got it. Probably why it is in such good shape now.
These and a bunch of old toys I had as a child were found when I cleaned out my mother's apartment after she passed away in 1987. Couldn't believe she had held onto them. I probably have enough to do an individual post on them.
Attachments
JohnDeereTractorFront.JPG
JohnDeereTractorRear.JPG
DisplayCaseSouthWall 055.jpg
DisplayCaseSouthWall 056.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

knife7knut wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:12 am Thought I would post this one up seeing as how people are posting farm equipment.My only piece of farm equipment other than an old red plastic tractor. Both of these toys I had when I was a kid in the early 1950's.(I'm 77 years old now) Not sure who made the metal John Deere tractor but it wasn't cheap when I got it. Probably why it is in such good shape now.
These and a bunch of old toys I had as a child were found when I cleaned out my mother's apartment after she passed away in 1987. Couldn't believe she had held onto them. I probably have enough to do an individual post on them.
Fantastic tractor, and a great story about your childhood and history. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: Now i am only guessing, but in the 1960's my sister was going out with an mechanical engineer who worked for Massey Ferguson. They used to make full metal die-cast models for upcoming releases to give to their retail outlets as displays, maybe yours was actually made by John Deere before most production moved off shore. Just a thought. ::hmm:: :)
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

knife7knut wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:12 am Not sure who made the metal John Deere tractor but it wasn't cheap when I got it.
I'd venture a guess that it wasn't Ertl. They were probably still casting drivers onto their tractors at that time. Whoever made it, it's a dandy. Nice to see it held up so well!
USN 2000-2006

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”