Prayers for Jenny

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
tongueriver

Prayers for Jenny

Post by tongueriver »

Jenny the schnauzer is 14.5 years old now and in steep decline. A lot of discomfort; we were at the vet's this morning and blood test results tomorrow, but she may well not make it through the winter. I was prepared to shed some tears today but maybe a reprieve for at least a little while. Our dog Jenny is in my lap here in this image two years ago. She would appreciate a kind thought for her comfort; you don't need to post.
Robbie and Jenny.jpg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Prayers for Jenny

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Cal I understand your feelings and pray that the Lord gives you courage, strength and wisdom to help you and Jenny through the coming time.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Sorry for you about your dog Cal.
You and your wife make a lovely couple. ::handshake::
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Sorry to hear that Cal, I will keep Jenny in my prayers.

It was just before Christmas last year that we lost my Lhasa, Josi. I did discover a dietary supplement that helped her last six months be far more enjoyable for her, it is called Dinovite. It mixes in with their food. The sales pitch is that it provides micronutrients that are cooked out of regular dog food. I don't know about all of that, I just know that Josi went from being lethargic and sleeping all of the time to being very energetic. It wasn't a cure for cancer but it sure made her last few months enjoyable for us and her. We still have Josi's litter mate, Sami. She is on Dinovite and it has made an even more drastic change in her behavior. She plays like a puppy now with the new puppy we got. Sometimes I forget that Sami is 13!

The Dinovite wasn't cheap, but I thought it was worth its weight in gold for Josi! ::nod::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

That is a shame Cal, hard on the family for sure. Prayers sent.
steve99f
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Cal I'm sending up prayers for you and your girl Jenny. May God ease any pain she's experiencing and may he give you peace in whatever lies ahead.
I've been there and know it's not an easy road to travel.

Oh, and ditto what Dale said about the Dinovite. I add it to my dogs feed as well. I'm sold on it.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

So sorry Cal . ::pray:: K.C.
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

My wreck of a former Surrey Tomcat is going to be fourteen on Valentines. That’s a very long time to have a family member around. It’s every second long enough to dig a real big space in your hearts.
I will send up a prayer for her. You guys, too. Both to help you, and for guidance in how best to help Jenny.
I sure hope the Dinovite helps. I haven’t heard of it. I’ll have to see if they make a version for cats.
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Cal I understand your feelings and what you and your wife are going through. We have a small one that is going on 14 years and she is starting to have all kinds of problems. The Vet has told us it's just about time and I keep thinking any day now will be it and then she perks up for a day or two. They are like children to us and these times are hard. My prayers and thoughts are with you and Jenny. ::pray:: ::pray:: ::pray:: ::pray::
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I frequently look after a Schnauzer type dog; quite loveable. I shall certainly direct thoughts and prayers for you, your family, and for Jenny.
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Hoping for the best Cal. I lost my Golden Retriever Ginger this past spring. I know it's tough to see them go.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

So far looking like Cushings Disease on top of the usual old dog stuff. We will just go for comfort until that no longer works. Thanks so much for all the kind thoughts.
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

.....we have a female cat, ellie mae, who is 19 and in bad health and it won't be long before we have to deal with losing another pet!!............. ::handshake:: ...................

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”