Is logic the same thing as common sense?

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Is logic the same thing as common sense?

Post by dlr110 »

I saw this on FB and thought I would share it. There are several controversial topics here, what's your comments?
67911313_10214504666509999_8866493583503392768_n.jpg
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
cudgee

Re: Is logic the same thing as common sense?

Post by cudgee »

A logical person can sit down and work out an answer to a question, or come up with a competent solution to a hypothetical. A person can have an extremely high IQ. Neither person may have one scrap of common sense. My dear old mum used to say," The only thing common about common sense is, it is not very common. Some good questions to ponder on you attachment, particularly - nine. :mrgreen:
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Good post David! ::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
BWT

Post by BWT »

Thanks David ::tu:: ::tu::
Bill
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

I second, the triple thumbs up ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

There is a lot of apples and oranges logic there. This type of ridiculous logic is part of why the anti-gun folks have such fun with gun owners. I support the second amendment, I support our rights to keep and arm bears, but such rhetoric does not advance the cause.
knives-are-quiet

Post by knives-are-quiet »

Common sense is learned through life experiences.
The older you get the more common sense most people gain.
But then again everyone is different and there is always exceptions to the rule.
I saw a elderly gentleman smoking a cigarette while pumping gas the other day.
I quickly drove to the next station down the road.
Age can cause you to forget too......….
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

There's a lot of apples and oranges kind of people on this forum.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

I triple the triple thumb! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
knives-are-quiet

Apples & Oranges?

There is common sense then there is immaturity & dementia...
My old Man is a WW2 Vet in his 90's. He can't remember what he did 5 minutes ago.
He can't be trusted playing with guns anymore.
I went hunting with my Brother in-law and my nephew of 13 years old.
The kid kept pointing the rifle at people so I took it away from him till he learns the rules of common sense.
Dads & my guns are locked away with a few hidden out of Dads reach throughout the house for security reasons.
There are people too young & too old to be trusted with firearms.
Maybe they should make people pass a physical to own firearms...

Sounds like common sense to me.
geocash
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: Southern Appalachian Mountains, outdoors preferably

Post by geocash »

I like apples & oranges. I hope that doesn't make me bananas.
geocash
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

:D ::tu::
Hey, I like all 3. Maybe that makes me...
Nuts!
:mrgreen:
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
knives-are-quiet

No.... it makes you a "fruit" ::sotb::
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Even better...
Fruitcake!
:mrgreen:
Winston Churchill

treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

I for one, would like to have a sit down with several of the so called Democratic front runners, one at a time and ask them to explain each of the 9 points of the OP that dir110 shared with us. I would even love to listen to the President's response to those 9 points. I doubt, even if it were possible to have a "one on one" with any of the Democratic candidates, they would give a response that comes anywhere near a logical response or a common sense answer! Most politicians are skilled at ignoring the facts and turning a question into a political talking point for their side of the argument, so very few straight up answers would be heard. :(
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

treefarmer wrote:I for one, would like to have a sit down with several of the so called Democratic front runners, one at a time and ask them to explain each of the 9 points of the OP that dir110 shared with us. I would even love to listen to the President's response to those 9 points. I doubt, even if it were possible to have a "one on one" with any of the Democratic candidates, they would give a response that comes anywhere near a logical response or a common sense answer! Most politicians are skilled at ignoring the facts and turning a question into a political talking point for their side of the argument, so very few straight up answers would be heard. :(
Treefarmer
Head of the class for Treefarmer Ty :mrgreen: They Should However Omit Gino's Bid To Arm The Bears . ::paranoid:: OP Does Justice To My Owner Ship Beliefs , Nice Pose David ::tu::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

KleenCut61 wrote:
treefarmer wrote:I for one, would like to have a sit down with several of the so called Democratic front runners, one at a time and ask them to explain each of the 9 points of the OP that dir110 shared with us. I would even love to listen to the President's response to those 9 points. I doubt, even if it were possible to have a "one on one" with any of the Democratic candidates, they would give a response that comes anywhere near a logical response or a common sense answer! Most politicians are skilled at ignoring the facts and turning a question into a political talking point for their side of the argument, so very few straight up answers would be heard. :(
Treefarmer
Head of the class for Treefarmer Ty :mrgreen: They Should However Omit Gino's Bid To Arm The Bears . ::paranoid:: OP Does Justice To My Owner Ship Beliefs , Nice Pose David ::tu::
By 10. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
knives-are-quiet

Treefarmer
All of them, democrats, republican or whatever, including Commander bone spurs is gonna' side with anyone who will vote for them.
Now that's logical & common sense at the same time..... :shock:
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Y'all seem to think it is only the democrats who will take your gun rights away, y'all are sorely mistaken. Here in NY we were always allowed to tailgate or buy and sell long arms outside of gun shows until our REPUBLICAN Gov Pataki made it so we can no longer do so if the gun show is on state property. Some of the best shows in the state are on state or county property and we can no longer freely trade outside at these shows. No politician likes to have an armed public, even the republicans know they cannot have absolute power until the public is disarmed and all politicians desire total power.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I guess it's ingrained in human nature to want to be large and in charge, having control over our neighbor (and everyone else in the "community"). Similarly to royalty of old. Not sure what the best thing is to do about that. ::hmm::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Jerry, the best thing to do is continue to resist the changes the politicians want to make to our Constitution and Bill of Rights and the Supreme Court make up, etc. The early fathers of the country were fed up with just what you mentioned, "royalty". They hoped to overcome, for following generations, a form of government that did not operate as the one they in the process of overthrowing during the Revolutionary War. Well it appears we have are nearing that place again. :(
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

But ya all boys think it's bad right now. Just look at us up here in Canada. We live it that system and have a criminal for a Prime Minister. A literal criminal! ::bad_day:: ::censored:: ::cuss:: ::dead_horse:: ::lightening::
Winston Churchill

samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

[quote="WillyCamaro"]But ya all boys think it's bad right now. Just look at us up here in Canada. We live it that system and have a criminal for a Prime Minister. A literal criminal! ::bad_day:: ::censored:: ::cuss:: ::dea
d_horse:: ::lightening::[/quote. What did he do?
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Justin Trudeau violated ethics laws, watchdog finds weeks before Canadian election. ---► https://www.foxnews.com/world/justin-tr ... a-election

Ethics commissioner? Y'all have an ethics commissioner? Lord, it's a good thing we don't have that here south of the border. All our politicians would be in the hoosegow, from federal down to state, right on down to local.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”