Products to Try

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Products to Try

Post by jerryd6818 »

If you run on to a product (not just food products) you like and think other's may like it too, post it here.

This thread popped up because of an impulse purchase at the grocery store. I like Blue Diamond Wasabi & Soy Sauce Almonds and ran across Woeber's Wasabi Sauce on the grocery shelf. I decided to try it and Whoa. That'll get your motor running. Up front from the git-go, it's not for everyone but if you like Arby's Horsey Sauce, you might want to try some of this.
Attachments
Wasabi Sauce.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Products to Try

Post by Colonel26 »

Now that sounds good! I’ll look for some. In some of the gas station quickie mart kind of establishments here they have wasabi peas. Dried green peas coated in wasabi. Love em.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

There is a Kosher deli here in town that keeps that and others on the table.

It will clear your sinuses.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

And if you liked grilled pork chops, chicken or fish, try one or more of these Stoeffer’s seasoning sheets.

When I say “grill”, I mean in a cast iron skillet or on a flat stovetop griddle.

These are fantastic.

Charlie
Attachments
11CF4A82-54E8-4002-8EB7-EBD38099A175.jpeg
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Here are some great tools that I have not used extensively, but they are well made and strong.

Can't post a copy of package. If interested, look for spring set tools.
Attachments
DSCN7319.JPG
DSCN7321.JPG
DSCN7323.JPG
DSCN7324.JPG
Joe
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

I have absolutely no idea what those are.

Why would one have need for a flexible punch?

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sidlow Baxter
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

They are designed to hold one end on a nail head and pull rearward and release for the nail set and the other styles are for pin punch and prick punch. No hammer necessary.
Joe
eveled

Post by eveled »

Here is one everyone knew about but forgot about. Fischer space pen refills. Designed for astronauts they are nitrogen charged. They are awesome. If you carry a pen for work and it needs to work. Try these refills. I get the fine tipped black ink cross style refills. They write upside down. Never leak. Never skip. Don’t freeze. They are great. Order them on line right from Fischer.
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

Simple Truth organic curry cashews from Kroger. Cashews with curry powder on them. I keep a bag of them on my desk to snack on. They are addicting.
Mike

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you watch the news, you are misinformed.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

RobesonsRme.com wrote:I have absolutely no idea what those are.

Why would one have need for a flexible punch?

Charlie

And then for anyone who's never heard of or used one, there's the automatic center punch.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Thanks Jerry. ::tu:: ::nod::
Joe
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

FRJ wrote:Thanks Jerry. ::tu:: ::nod::
I knew how they work but explaining it seemed easier with a video.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I can take the rest of the day off cause I done learnt sumpin. ::woot::

Thanks Joe and Jerry for the edgamacation.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I use automatic center punches all the time when working on knives. They are great for knocking out pins! ::nod::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Well, I only saw the bending flexibility and not the potential for impact forces.

Makes perfect sense.

I could have used one when I was nailing some trim strips over the cracks between sheets of wall board.

Rats. ::facepalm::

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sidlow Baxter
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

RobesonsRme.com wrote:Well, I only saw the bending flexibility and not the potential for impact forces.

Makes perfect sense.

I could have used one when I was nailing some trim strips over the cracks between sheets of wall board.

Charlie
Charlie, every one of the trades has more specialty tools than you can shake a stick at. How would you have known. Ya know, a wise man once said "ya don't know what you don't know, because if you did know then you would know".
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

jerryd6818 wrote:
RobesonsRme.com wrote:Well, I only saw the bending flexibility and not the potential for impact forces.

Makes perfect sense.

Charlie
Charlie, every one of the trades has more specialty tools than you can shake a stick at. How would you have known. Ya know, a wise man once said "ya don't know what you don't know, because if you did know then you would know".
Jerry you are a master of obscure clarity. ::nod::
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

"The more you study, the more you learn. The more you learn, the more you forget. The more you forget, the less you know. So, why study?

But, the less you study, the less you learn. The less you learn, the less you forget and the less you forget, the more you know.

So, why study?"

More circular illogical thinking, in keeping with Jerry's mindset today.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sidlow Baxter
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

jerryd6818 wrote:If you run on to a product (not just food products) you like and think other's may like it too, post it here.

This thread popped up because of an impulse purchase at the grocery store. I like Blue Diamond Wasabi & Soy Sauce Almonds and ran across Woeber's Wasabi Sauce on the grocery shelf. I decided to try it and Whoa. That'll get your motor running. Up front from the git-go, it's not for everyone but if you like Arby's Horsey Sauce, you might want to try some of this.

Hey Jerry, ever try Sambal sauce? I encountered this on a Windstar Cruise. The staff was mostly Indonesian and the head chef was too. They eat this at every meal. I tried it and love it. It’s main ingredients are chili’s, shrimp paste,garlic and several other things. It’s not for wimps when it comes to hotness. This stuff is hotter than jalapeños so if you find those to hot, don’t try this. Here is the definition from Wikipedia for Sambal. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambal
Mark
Attachments
9k=.jpeg
9k=.jpeg (7.98 KiB) Viewed 1367 times
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Mark, I like food with some heat to it but I have to confess, the shrimp paste and garlic are big turn offs for me.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote:
jerryd6818 wrote:If you run on to a product (not just food products) you like and think other's may like it too, post it here.

Hey Jerry, ever try Sambal sauce? I encountered this on a Windstar Cruise. The staff was mostly Indonesian and the head chef was too. They eat this at every meal. I tried it and love it. It’s main ingredients are chili’s, shrimp paste,garlic and several other things. It’s not for wimps when it comes to hotness. This stuff is hotter than jalapeños so if you find those to hot, don’t try this. Here is the definition from Wikipedia for Sambal. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambal
Mark
Love this stuff!
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Here is another product to try. I am a detail nut. When we bought the house we live in currently 18 years ago, the former owner owned a body shop. This company sent a catalog to our home. I tried some of their products and got hooked. Richard Griot has, in my opinion, produced the best detailing products in the world. This Best of Show Detailer spray has won awards. It is just incredible. After you wash and dry your car, spray this on one panel at a time and wipe it off with the recommended micro fiber towel and be amazed. Not only does it enhance the shine but it makes the surface buttery smooth. Water repels off this just like wax. It doesn’t require buffing or hard scrubbing to get off, it’s just spray and wipe. Easy to use and does an incredible job.
I could do one of these for about 2 dozen products of theirs from their leather care to their window care products. If you need any recommendations on any Griots product, just ask, I probably have it and have used it.
The company name is Griot’s Garage.
SSk
Attachments
home-nav-image-washndetail.png
home-nav-image-washndetail.png (58.74 KiB) Viewed 1342 times
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”