Here is an interesting thought

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Meridian_Mike

Here is an interesting thought

Post by Meridian_Mike »

I saw this on a gun forum....
I thought it had a lot of good sage wisdom included......
GOOD ADVICE.jpg
I am an old dude and I approve this message.
Mike
:D
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Here is an interesting thought

Post by djknife13 »

Hey I'm an old dude, and I eat mine that way except I dip it in caramel ice cream topping with the knife blade before eating it. Does that still count or does that take the Clint Eastwood right out of it?____Dave
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

djknife13 wrote:Hey I'm an old dude, and I eat mine that way except I dip it in caramel ice cream topping with the knife blade before eating it. Does that still count or does that take the Clint Eastwood right out of it?____Dave
Well Dave....
I think that counts too..... Anyone should realize that there is EXTRA wisdom involved to enhance the taste of the apple.

::tu:: ::tu::
markpreston

Post by markpreston »

Bonus points if the blade is dark from patina and smells like gun oil.
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

markpreston wrote:Bonus points if the blade is dark from patina and smells like gun oil.
So very true!!
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

markpreston wrote:Bonus points if the blade is dark from patina and smells like gun oil.
Absolutely! Gun oil, especially 3-in-One or Balistol is required for proper digestion of fruit.

Y’all done flung a cravin’ on me. Will an old bone handles CASE loomfixer work?
89C1D77E-2860-4C6F-A12A-FE9ECBC7117E.jpeg
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Yep..... that picture shore flung a cravin' on me too.....

Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Guess I'm odd man out when it comes to cutting my food with a pocket knife. I'm not a germaphobe and I have used my knife to cut food on rare occasions, to include an apple two. And I will shove a marshmallow on the pointy end of the stick, made pointy by use of a trusty pocket knife, before toasting it golden brown over a campfire. But at the dinner table... steak knife at the ready, and a table knife if needed for some spreadin'.
::shrug::
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

Meridian_Mike wrote:I saw this on a gun forum....
I thought it had a lot of good sage wisdom included......

GOOD ADVICE.jpg

I am an old dude and I approve this message.
Mike
.......I am an even older dude, and I approve it, too!!!!!........... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: .......................
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I suppose there are folks out there who would disapprove but I'm not one of them.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Steve Warden wrote:Guess I'm odd man out when it comes to cutting my food with a pocket knife. I'm not a germaphobe and I have used my knife to cut food on rare occasions, to include an apple two. And I will shove a marshmallow on the pointy end of the stick, made pointy by use of a trusty pocket knife, before toasting it golden brown over a campfire. But at the dinner table... steak knife at the ready, and a table knife if needed for some spreadin'.
Come on now Steve..... Live a little.
Sometimes, my wife will cook a good meal on the weekend and I will bring a good ole poke-chop to work for lunch. That ole poke-chop gets cut up with my trusty pocket knife! (gun oil and all..... sorta flavors the chop real good)

::tu::
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Meridian_Mike wrote:
Steve Warden wrote:Guess I'm odd man out when it comes to cutting my food with a pocket knife. I'm not a germaphobe and I have used my knife to cut food on rare occasions, to include an apple two. And I will shove a marshmallow on the pointy end of the stick, made pointy by use of a trusty pocket knife, before toasting it golden brown over a campfire. But at the dinner table... steak knife at the ready, and a table knife if needed for some spreadin'.
Come on now Steve..... Live a little.
Sometimes, my wife will cook a good meal on the weekend and I will bring a good ole poke-chop to work for lunch. That ole poke-chop gets cut up with my trusty pocket knife! (gun oil and all..... sorta flavors the chop real good)

Here at school/work, sometimes we’ll have a staff dinner. They give us those dinky plastic abominations to cut our food with and I always wind up breaking one. So out comes the pocket knife.

As to being a germaphobe, I learned from my Pa that overall britches legs can sanitize a knife blade. He’d open up the spey blade on his old 6375, wipe it on his britches leg, and “cut” a horse colt or bull calf, then he’d wile it off again on the same britches leg. Then he’s cut a chew of twist tobacco with the sheepsfoot right beside of the spey. Later he’d pick his teeth or clean his fingernails with the clip. All hygenically sanitized by Big Mac overalls britches legs.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Guess I gotta start a-wearin' overalls! :lol:
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

I always get my wife's eyes ta rollin' when I tell her "What do I need a napkin for when I have a perfectly good pair a pants?" I like my apple cored quarters butchered and offered with a blob of JIF peanut butter, from my BUCK 121. By the way, I can smell 1095 steel from about 4 to 6 feet away. It doesn't put me off, but I tend toward stainless around food.
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Steve Warden wrote:Guess I gotta start a-wearin' overalls! :lol:
Yep, that'll clean one any time!

Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

tongueriver wrote:I always get my wife's eyes ta rollin' when I tell her "What do I need a napkin for when I have a perfectly good pair a pants?" I like my apple cored quarters butchered and offered with a blob of JIF peanut butter, from my BUCK 121. By the way, I can smell 1095 steel from about 4 to 6 feet away. It doesn't put me off, but I tend toward stainless around food.

I’m a fan of Apple and peanut butter myself!
Meridian_Mike wrote:
Steve Warden wrote:Guess I gotta start a-wearin' overalls! :lol:
:

Yep, that'll clean one any time!

In hindsight, it could have been all that baccer juice that killed the germs he ingested! :mrgreen
Robert E. Lee
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Thanks Col. ::tu::
You just saved me a trip to pick up a pair of overalls.

Now there was a time I did enjoy a chaw of Redman loose leaf.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Steve Warden wrote:
Now there was a time I did enjoy a chaw of Redman loose leaf.
My Paw-Paw chewed Redman plug after he quit rollin' P.A.
He would pull out the plug, gut off a piece and go straight to his mouth and get that piece of chew right off the blade.

I tried to be like him for a while.....
Redman just didn't spit black enough for me. I chewed Bull of the Woods..... Now that stuff was potent!

Mike
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Tried Levi Garrett. Too sweet.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Steve Warden wrote:Tried Levi Garrett. Too sweet.
I never did try Levi.....
Most of the guys on the baseball team chewed Redman.... so I bummed off them that most of the time.
(during my jr. college days)
LOL....

Mike
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Rough country dark fried twist ,iff'in I wanted sum sweet tobacky I'd get some king- b or mammoth cave. All that other stuff was just for sissies :wink: :wink: :lol: ::handshake::
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

bighomer wrote:Rough country dark fried twist ,iff'in I wanted sum sweet tobacky I'd get some king- b or mammoth cave. All that other stuff was just for sissies :wink: :wink: :lol: ::handshake::
Yep... that was my philosophy at one time. The stronger the better.......
(when I started growing unusual things inside my mouth I decided different..... LOL)

::cb::
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Me too, I guit it all in ' 86 ain't regretted it yet and I've still got bumps in my mouth where that quid laid. ::uc:: ::woot::
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

I need to quit. I surely do. But man o man do I love chewing tobacco. Copenhagen, Rough Country twist, and Warren County twist are my go to vices. Like BH, Mammoth Cave twist for a desert tobacco. Tobacco is fine by itself, like coffee, no need for flavoring.
Robert E. Lee
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

I used every kind of tobacco known to man at first and then settled in on Copenhagen. I used that for 43 years and am eleven years clean now. Hopefully I quit in time. Not only did I spend enough on that crap to buy a Cadillac, but it turned out that I was deathly allergic to it and was a very sick man for the 43 years. Now at 72 I am in better health than at any time in my life. You can tell a tobacco addict anything you like and he will not quit until he is ready. Unfortunately, that is usually at the point of real irreversible damage and possible impending death. Don't mean to throw cold water on anybody but I feel pretty fortunate and also pretty passionate about how evil that stuff is. Quitting is often the hardest thing a person does in life. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”