Hurricane Michael

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Meridian_Mike

Re: Hurricane Michael

Post by Meridian_Mike »

bighomer wrote:To all in Micheals path may God bless and watch over you. ::pray::
AMEN!!
::pray::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

X3..... ::pray::
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Having watched so much about hurricane Michael on TV and having been praying for Philip and Miss Joy and others in the path of Michael, I've had this song going through my head the last couple of days. I thought I would post it, maybe some of you will enjoy it also.
It's by Ryan Stevens, called "In The Eye of the Storm."

https://youtu.be/ZB0ReTpA6Gg
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

My first time hearing this song.

Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Thank you Jerry. ::tu::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Thank you Dale and Jerry, I needed that right about now. We had TS Michael blow over us last night and it was intense, I can't imagine what Phillip and Miss Joy experienced. Godspeed and the ::pray:: continue.
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

My niece reported in last evening. They got back to Panama City to find their house in pretty good condition. There was some siding blown off the gable ends (the house is mostly brick) and some missing roof shingles but other than that and some trash in the yard it weathered the storm quite well. I'm so relieved and I'm sure they are too.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

A good friend of my wife, Christy, said her Grandfather's home in Mexico Beach was completely destroyed. Her Dad's home in Panama City has damage but fixable.
She is gathering up all she can in a pick-up truck and heading down to check on her Dad and see how things are going for him. My wife and I are sending water and canned food with her. I don't know what else we can do. The only thing I worry about is how she will get there. There has to be trees down EVERYWHERE leading in to Panama City. I'm sure the crews are cleaning up the roads in the residential areas but what about the roads leading in?
God please bless the people in the damaged areas. ::pray::

Mike
::tear::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Meridian_Mike wrote:A good friend of my wife, Christy, said her Grandfather's home in Mexico Beach was completely destroyed. Her Dad's home in Panama City has damage but fixable.
She is gathering up all she can in a pick-up truck and heading down to check on her Dad and see how things are going for him. My wife and I are sending water and canned food with her. I don't know what else we can do. The only thing I worry about is how she will get there. There has to be trees down EVERYWHERE leading in to Panama City. I'm sure the crews are cleaning up the roads in the residential areas but what about the roads leading in?

Mike
My niece made it home (Panama City) so I would think your wife's friend should be able to make it to her destination.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

jerryd6818 wrote:
Meridian_Mike wrote:A good friend of my wife, Christy, said her Grandfather's home in Mexico Beach was completely destroyed. Her Dad's home in Panama City has damage but fixable.

Mike
My niece made it home (Panama City) so I would think your wife's friend should be able to make it to her destination.
Good deal.
Thanks Jerry!
::tu::
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

Meridian_Mike wrote:The only thing I worry about is how she will get there. There has to be trees down EVERYWHERE leading in to Panama City. I'm sure the crews are cleaning up the roads in the residential areas but what about the roads leading in?

Mike
Mike - The way is was here after the last major hurricane, folks came out of their houses with chain saws just as soon as the storm was more or less past. No one waited for any clean up crews, folks just started cutting trees and moving stuff to open the roads to their houses. I guess the Interstates were left to crews (don't know) but within twelve hours you could drive to just about anywhere in the county.

Bridges can be the worst hold up. If a bridge is gone, then some guys with chain saws cannot do much about that.
Mel
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Dinadan wrote: Mike - The way is was here after the last major hurricane, folks came out of their houses with chain saws just as soon as the storm was more or less past. No one waited for any clean up crews, folks just started cutting trees and moving stuff to open the roads to their houses. I guess the Interstates were left to crews (don't know) but within twelve hours you could drive to just about anywhere in the county.

Bridges can be the worst hold up. If a bridge is gone, then some guys with chain saws cannot do much about that.
Good deal....
I take it you made out OK.....

::tu::
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Hi guys,
I talked to Phil, (treefarmer) this morning. He and his wife Miss Joy had driven to Dothan Alabama to get an electrical adapter of some sort so he could run his pump off of his generator and get some water. It was there he was able to call out and get in touch with me. At home they have no electricity, no cell phone service and even the landline phones have been taken out by this storm.

More information is posted about this in the Upper Room Forum:
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=59043
Dale
AAPK Administrator

treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

I want to share with y'all some pictures related to Hurricane Michael. First I must say that we are inland about 40 miles and what happened on our 80 acres does not in any way compare to all those who lost their homes and businesses closer to and along the coast and also those inland where the eye wall actually crossed over. We now know what 140+mph winds will do! We were so blessed not to have any apparent physical damage to our house which we actually built in 1984.
We thank the Lord for His mercy to our family during this storm.
A few pictures to show what has happened:
The 1st limb to fall as the storm approached
The 1st limb to fall as the storm approached
During the height of the storm
During the height of the storm
After the storm
After the storm
Our flooded road with downed trees
Our flooded road with downed trees
Old growth Longleaf Pine across the front of the pump house.
Old growth Longleaf Pine across the front of the pump house.
Front yard after the storm
Front yard after the storm
Some of our youngest planted pines
Some of our youngest planted pines
Looking into our road from the main grade.  We had some neighbors cut the mess out of the road so we could get out.
Looking into our road from the main grade. We had some neighbors cut the mess out of the road so we could get out.
The cleanup will continue for a while.
The cleanup will continue for a while.
The power of nature, God's hand did this but He also protected us.
The power of nature, God's hand did this but He also protected us.
Things are returning to normal but it will never be like it was. :(
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

Treefarmer - I am glad to read that you did not have any damage to your house. I guess your chainsaw is getting a workout this last month. One thing, there is always plenty of firewood after a storm!
Mel
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

:shock: :shock: Man oh man, Philip!! Glad you and mama survived ok!!!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Farmer sure glad yawl didn't get hurt , good to have escaped damage to your house too. I really feel for those that lost everything.I know you lost a lot of income from your trees and have a mess to clean up, but I thank God and I know you do too that it wasn't worse. ::tu:: ::handshake::

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”