NEW ebay feature frosts my .....you know what!!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

NEW ebay feature frosts my .....you know what!!

Post by TripleF »

Looking at "SOLD" (now they automatically include COMPLETED ) listings to learn more I click on the item, and I'm
told the item you are looking at is no longewr available for sale.....well duh, no kidding....and I'm directed
to another similar "active" item listed for sale. No....I want to see more info on the SOLD item.

Frosts my behind...... ::disgust::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: NEW ebay feature frosts my .....you know what!!

Post by stagman »

My watch page is all different as of today...and...
I cannot log out from there, have to go to purchase
or items bidding on to log off...beats me ::shrug::

Stag
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/stagman
ea42

Post by ea42 »

I know exactly what you mean Scott, what a pain! Also noticed that on some pages there's no link to "other items for sale", only a link to the seller's store. Also a pain! I don't want to see the store listings as they're usually categorized differently.

Eric
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I am in agreement with you. The sold listings used to be a great place to do research if you're looking for information about a particular pattern of knife. Some sellers will give a good description or repeat something copied from the manufacturers catalog or website which is often very helpful. But now that information is harder to find, though I have found it in some instances (on my PC, not on my phone) when I get to the first screen if I scroll down, sometimes I will find the original listing but it is much harder as they are throwing a lot of advertising or other knives they think you might like.

When I to research into a pattern on eBay it is because I am interested in that pattern. Maybe I want to buy one, maybe I want to sell one or maybe I am just wanting to find out more about it. When I am directing the search I find other knives that I am interested in (which I often buy). When eBay "suggests similar knives" I find their lack of knowledge about knives almost insulting. If I am researching a USA made knife with a special type of steel they come up with ridiculous suggestions; $9.95 knives from China. They have no concept of what I am looking for.
I don't think they have any concept of what many of their customers are looking for.
As a result of their new "improved" services I find I'm spending less money buying knives on eBay.
Maybe that's a good thing for me. ::shrug:: :mrgreen:
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

This is what happens when the marketing dweebs design the site instead of the engineers... :wink:
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

TripleF wrote:Looking at "SOLD" (now they automatically include COMPLETED ) listings to learn more I click on the item, and I'm
told the item you are looking at is no longewr available for sale.....well duh, no kidding....and I'm directed
to another similar "active" item listed for sale. No....I want to see more info on the SOLD item.

Frosts my behind...... ::disgust::
Scott, I was also unhappy with the shift to telling me the item I had been watching was

"The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you.".

I spent several days getting ticked off that I had to go out and do a "sold item" search to see what a particular item ended up going for and then ....

Then I finally noticed that the word listing is a hot link that takes you to the sold item. Pisses me off that I have to click again to see what I used to see on 1 click, but you can get to the "sold" listing that way.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”