70 million for a Ferrari

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
bighomer

Re: 70 million for a Ferrari

Post by bighomer »

It was Paul, ::handshake:: it was. :mrgreen:
mrwatch

Post by mrwatch »

Knife Nut wrote:Wow, and I thought paying $850 for my well used '87 Yugo was too much!!

Paul
I had one and paid I think $500. Put 40K on it before I junked it. Couldn't stop it on snow. I like the 300 SL Gull Wing my son helped with. My nephew took me for a ride in his Corvette on nice country black top 5 years ago. 135 mph in second gear and the tach. was about still on idle. Smooth as glass. My son #2 won a sign at the county fair. mom laughed, Corvette=wrap your ass in fiber glass. :lol:
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Maybe the ferrari has a flux capacitor in it or something, sheesh what a ton of cash.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

My mother-in-law’s maiden name is Ferrari. I wonder what I could get for her????
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Colonel26 wrote:My mother-in-law’s maiden name is Ferrari. I wonder what I could get for her????
:lol: :lol: :lol:
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Neighbor l wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole. ::woot::
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

I don't know anything about Mr MacNeil, but I know I don't know what he does with the rest of his money. True, he could do a lot of good with 70 million dollars, but he might have already done a world of good with 150 million.

Difficult to judge his expenditures without really knowing the kind of man he is.

For years, people thought J. C. Penny was very wealthy. Turned out he gave 90% of his income to the church and lived on 10%, which probably still qualified him as wealthy.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

This is not just a car, it is a 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO, #4153 GT. This car has its own book...
ferrari-250-gto.jpg
41m-ju+ZG8L._SX410_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Every type of human activity (especially collecting) has people that are so over-the-top nuts that the rest of the mere mortals cannot comprehend their actions. The only difference between the uber-car nuts and the uber-knife nuts is the number of zeroes they put on the checks they write.

This knife, called "The Gem of the Orient", sold for $2.1 million.
Attachments
ReKvaKK.jpg
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

By contrast, this Rough Rider Peanut was bought for $9.78 and the little Jack below it was bought for $5.95. I guess that's the long and the short of it.
Attachments
Rough Rider RR111 Folding Knife Peanut.jpg
$5,95.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

jerryd6818 wrote:By contrast, this Rough Rider Peanut was bought for $9.78 and the little Jack below it was bought for $5.95. I guess that's the long and the short of it.
But 50 or 100 years from now, the "Gem of the Orient" will still be worth a small fortune. And the Rough Riders will still be worth $9.78 and $5.95, best case. :lol: JMO

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

And that Ferrari.. "to the Moon" !!! ::tu:: John
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Mumbleypeg wrote:
jerryd6818 wrote:By contrast, this Rough Rider Peanut was bought for $9.78 and the little Jack below it was bought for $5.95. I guess that's the long and the short of it.
But 50 or 100 years from now, the "Gem of the Orient" will still be worth a small fortune. And the Rough Riders will still be worth $9.78 and $5.95, best case. :lol: JMO

Ken
I agree wholeheartedly Ken but at the moment I'm a little strapped for cash and about $2,099,990 short. ::woot:: Unlike some, I try to live within my means. ::nod::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
TwoFlowersLuggage

If I had $70 million to blow, I would buy the Ferrari. If I had $2.1 million, I still would not buy that ugly knife. I did have $9.78 and I did buy the Rough Rider Peanut... ::tounge::
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Suitcase, I don't think beauty is relevant when it comes to "The Gem of the Orient". IMHO it's just one of those "neener, neener, neener. I've got one and you don't" situations. You know, someone with a small one using it to try and make his look bigger. ::shrug::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
TwoFlowersLuggage

jerryd6818 wrote:Suitcase, I don't think beauty is relevant when it comes to "The Gem of the Orient". IMHO it's just one of those "neener, neener, neener. I've got one and you don't" situations. You know, someone with a small one using it to try and make his look bigger. ::shrug::
Sometimes those guys spend millions on cars & knives, and sometimes they build skyscrapers and become president of the United States... ::sneaky::

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”