D.M. Bullard Leather Goods

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

D.M. Bullard Leather Goods

Post by Miller Bro's »

Anyone here own their products? Looking for feedback on the quality and value of them. Here's a link to their site, some nice pocket and sheath knife sheaths on this page :)

http://dmbullardleather.com/1429711.html
AAPK Janitor
KleenCut61

Re: D.M. Bullard Leather Goods

Post by KleenCut61 »

Sure Miller ::tu:: , I Have and edc The Cowboy , Thing I like about there design is There Very Forgiving When taking abuse , Like getting snagged And bumped , Yet still protecting , I would say to you choose your style , since they do Perform ,, Thanks for the Link 8) , Those are SWEET .. K.C.
WelderBob
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by WelderBob »

Top notch sheaths and to me well worth the price.
I carry a 72 GEC in the small and a 23 in the large.
Very secure and easy to access.
Attachments
IMG_7043.JPG
Bob

"To Ride, Shoot Straight, And Speak The Truth" - Jeff Cooper
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

I don't have any of their goods, but on a side note, Azle is my old home town. I lived there for about 20 years, and graduated from AHS. I haven't live there in for over 30 years, but still have many friends there.
Mike

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you watch the news, you are misinformed.
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Thanks guys I think I am going to buy one of those belt pocket knife sheaths like you have Bob ::tu::
AAPK Janitor
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I have the same sheath as shown above, in use for about 10 years. Superb design, workmanship & leather. You will be pleased.
kj
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

I bought from them one time. I bought what I thought was a PAIR of tuckable leather belt loops for my iwb holster. When it arrived it was ONE loop and the shipping was a hair over $11. After some back and forth, and me wanting to just return it and be done with it (originally he wanted me to pay the shipping back to return it after I had paid double the price of priority shipping) he did send me another loop.

The loops are first rate quality no doubt, and eventually he took care of me, but read all his description well and with a fine tooth comb, and be prepared for nose bleed shipping.

I’m not saying he was deceptive mind you. It was probably my fault for not reading well. But the whole experience did kind of sour me from further purchases.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Colonel26 wrote:I bought from them one time. I bought what I thought was a PAIR of tuckable leather belt loops for my iwb holster. When it arrived it was ONE loop and the shipping was a hair over $11. After some back and forth, and me wanting to just return it and be done with it (originally he wanted me to pay the shipping back to return it after I had paid double the price of priority shipping) he did send me another loop.

The loops are first rate quality no doubt, and eventually he took care of me, but read all his description well and with a fine tooth comb, and be prepared for nose bleed shipping.

I’m not saying he was deceptive mind you. It was probably my fault for not reading well. But the whole experience did kind of sour me from further purchases.
Thanks Colonel,
I just checked the shipping cost on one sheath, $10.20, I don't know if that includes insurance. It is USPS priority mail which I believe is around $7.00 now so yeah their making money off the shipping charges :roll: ::td::
AAPK Janitor
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Miller Bro's wrote:
Colonel26 wrote:I bought from them one time. I bought what I thought was a PAIR of tuckable leather belt loops for my iwb holster. When it arrived it was ONE loop and the shipping was a hair over $11. After some back and forth, and me wanting to just return it and be done with it (originally he wanted me to pay the shipping back to return it after I had paid double the price of priority shipping) he did send me another loop.

Thanks Colonel,
I just checked the shipping cost on one sheath, $10.20, I don't know if that includes insurance. It is USPS priority mail which I believe is around $7.00 now so yeah their making money off the shipping charges :roll: ::td::
"Shipping AND handling" $7 for shipping, $3.20 for handling

::stir::
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Steve Warden wrote:
Miller Bro's wrote:

Thanks Colonel,

Yes I was aware of their shipping charges when I purchased what turned out to be my ONE loop. I knew it was high, but I bought anyway since they were about the only ones who had what I wanted. My big complaint was wanting me to pay the shipping back to them once they had already made money on shipping it to me in the first place.

I just didn’t much care for their attitude. Other folks may have had better experiences.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Colonel26 wrote:
Steve Warden wrote:
Miller Bro's wrote:
Thanks Colonel,

Yes I was aware of their shipping charges when I purchased what turned out to be my ONE loop. I knew it was high, but I bought anyway since they were about the only ones who had what I wanted. My big complaint was wanting me to pay the shipping back to them once they had already made money on shipping it to me in the first place.

I just didn’t much care for their attitude. Other folks may have had better experiences.
Sorry. I was inappropriately being facetious.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Excellent sheath, holding Vintage Knives Moose.
kj
Attachments
IMGP4298.JPG
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Dimitri, you might check these as an alternative. https://www.mooremaker.com/store/c5/KNI ... ORIES.html Several styles and sizes available. The quality is top-notch. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Steve Warden wrote:
Colonel26 wrote:
Steve Warden wrote: "Shipping AND handling" $7 for shipping, $3.20 for handling

Sorry. I was inappropriately being facetious.
It’s all good Steve. I was just sharing my experience.
Robert E. Lee
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

So I bought two of these sheaths. Large and small. I got mine in natural color hoping to color them darker myself.
I think these are good quality and need to be broken in a bit. They were very dry and stiff but I covered them with petroleum jelly
and stuck a knife in them. I haven't worn them yet.
Attachments
DSCN0132.JPG
DSCN0135.JPG
Joe
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Very nice Joe! ::tu::

What brought my attention to this maker was a knife lot I bought, there was a knife and a sheath that I liked the looks of, so I took a chance and bought it. Well, the lot has arrived and now I have another question. The knife is custom made and only has the initials DB stamped into it. Does anyone recognize the knife or know of the maker? Could the initials stand for D. Bullard? The maker of the sheath? ::uc::

Any help would be appreciated, I will make a post in Q&A as well ::tu::

BTW The sheath is top notch and I really like these horizontal knife sheaths!! :D
Attachments
s-l1600 (41).jpg
AAPK Janitor
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Thanks Dimitri.

That's a good looking sheath and knife you have there. ::tu::

If you call Bullard they will answer the question about the knife.
Joe

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”