Marine Children

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
RobesonsRme.com

Marine Children

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Watch these Marine children, playing on base, stop what they're doing and stand at attention for Recall.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
espn77

Re: Marine Children

Post by espn77 »

It's good to see that Charlie. No prompting from an adult either. God bless America!!!!
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

I grew up on Air Force bases. We were taught to stop and face the flag as soon as the music started, even if we were on the playground.
Thanks for the encouragement that our kids are not completely lost.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Thanks Charlie.
Saluting_Marine_in_Blues.jpg
Saluting_Marine_in_Blues.jpg (17.46 KiB) Viewed 1859 times
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

::facepalm:: Let's hope some libturds don't see that and say that we're brainwashing our children to love and respect our country! ftd
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

Here is a picture of my 4 year old Grandson...Showing Respect to the Korean Flag during the Opening Ceremonies (On TV). My Daughter, Son In Law and he are stationed in S. Korea, they are DoD School Teachers. My Grandson learned at an early age to show Respect, not only to the US Flag but also the Host Nation Flag (in this instance South Korean). He is regularly on the Air Base and shows the same Respect whenever they play Our National Anthem as well as the South Korean Anthem.

I love seeing our youth that still show RESPECT!

Tom
Attachments
RESPECT.jpg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Excellent Tom. Absolutely first rate. ::tu::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

I love it.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

It's good to see this. Thanks for posting it.

Sadly, flag etiquette is not universally taught to youth (or adults). We learned it when I was in Boy Scouts, and later we taught it when I was a Scout leader. Not sure if the scouts still teach universally but I know they do in our local scout troop. If you're interested here are the rules. http://www.usflag.org/flagetiquette.html. Every person above the age of 6 should be required to know at least the rules for the salute.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
wlf

Post by wlf »

Great Tom.

It's not just patriotism ,flag etiquette,or respect for the flag ,it's general respect anddecency ,the "Golden Rule" , etc. that's not taught children.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
wlf

Post by wlf »

Great Tom.

It's not just patriotism ,flag etiquette,or respect for the flag ,it's general respect and decency ,the "Golden Rule" , etc. that's not taught children.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

I agree Lyle....That young man does this all on his own and he learned it from folks who acted in this manner. That whole Monkey see Monkey do thing...Although he knows it is the right thing to do. He is very respectful, he has even learned to bow properly, as the Korean Culture does, when he addresses an elder person. It's the cutest thing ever.

I am proud of his parents for teaching him and bringing him up properly....It brings a little tear to my eyes when I see him doing these things. ::teary_eyes::

Tom
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

Great post! Did any body get scorched at Shawn White, dragging the flag after winning the gold metal at the Olympics? I don't care how "excited " he was there is no excuse for such behavior! ::td:: Terry
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

terryl308 wrote:Great post! Did any body get scorched at Shawn White, dragging the flag after winning the gold metal at the Olympics? I don't care how "excited " he was there is no excuse for such behavior! ::td:: Terry
I agree, when I saw that I was upset, I don't think it was done intentionally, but a few days in boot camp might bring him to understand what he did was disrespectful. ftd
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Thank you for posting that Charlie.
David
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Teaching respect for our country, the flag and our veterans is something that parents should do. My kids are mostly in their thirties and forties now, but every now and then I will tell me about a veteran they met somewhere and talk to. They always tell them my dad's a vet too, and often they have I like the conversation with this person.

I think one of my proudest moments as a grandparent was when my grandson went on a trip with his Scout unit to Washington DC. They won the trip as part of a contest and one of the things they did was visit the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Part of the scheduled events where that the Scout unit would present a wreath at the tomb.
When they ask for two volunteers to lay the wreath Tristan said, "I would like to lay the wreath because my grandpa was a Marine in Vietnam."
Someone took a picture of Tristan and another Scout laying the wreath interest and he made sure that I got a picture of him laying the wreath. I am pretty proud of that boy, especially when he enlisted in the Army.
Currently I have one grandson, one granddaughter, one grandson-in-law; all in the US Army. And one daughter in the National Guard.
I have a nephew in the Navy, and another nephew who served in the Navy but is now out. I also have a nice who was a nurse in the Navy but resigned her commission a couple years ago when she married a fighter pilot ( actually Copilot) and they wanted to start a family. As a result I now have a great niece.

I don't know that I did anything special raising my kids aside from them seeing that I was always helping veterans myself, so I guess caring for veterans and respect for the flag and the country comes pretty natural to them, they grew up that way.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Well done Dale.
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Shawn White did issue a profound apology about allowing The Flag to touch the ground.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

::ds:: Dale, I'll bet you have some Interesting get togethers at Christmas, Army, Navy and Marines at one table in one room. ftd
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Oops I forgot I also have a niece who was in the Air Force.
I guess I kind of get the respect since I'm the oldest and the Marine. :mrgreen:
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

....great posts, guys!!!!.......... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: .............

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”