Screen Addiction is destroying travel

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Screen Addiction is destroying travel

Post by jerryd6818 »

One of my best friends, who worked with me for 15 years, refuses to consider anything beyond his buy more minutes flip phone. In fact he only carries it when it's absolutely necessary. Of course he's as contrary as a hog on ice. I swear most of the things he refuses to do or even consider is due to his stubborn, against the grain personality. Wouldn't take a million dollars for him but he can be very trying at times.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

At the end of the day, tech is just a tool. If it helps you accomplish a goal, use it. If it doesn't, don't. In many cases, I won't know whether the tool helps or not unless I try it, so why not try? Right now I'm communicating with people I don't know and most likely will never meet. I couldn't do that without the tech, and I think that's pretty cool. ::handshake::
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

stagman wrote:You and me both Jerry...be 12 years retired for me this june,,,I could
not even think of being back in todays work force.....
And like ya all said about these phones, unbelievable !!!
I got a Trac phone ya just buy minutes on, no contract
I am sure as hell glad I am on my way out,,,and just not starting in todays times and culture !!! :shock:

Wil
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/stagman
I will be 5 years retired next month. I don't know if any of you younger guys realize it or not, but when you retire and go on Social Security you have to make a very important decision right away. That is, you will NOT be working, but will be getting a SS check. So are you going to NOT work full time 40 hours, or are you going to NOT work part time 20 hours??????? After careful thought, I elected to NOT work part time 20 hours, because that way dividing my SS check by 20 I would make more per hour!!!!
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

I enjoy my phone, I seldom use it for conversation and I never text while driving, l have sync on my truck and talk thu that when I do, but 99 percent of my aapk use is on the fool thing. I like that just about anything l need to know is at my fingertips. I've been retired for 14 years and it by far the best job I've ever had. ::nod::

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”