Keeping it real, helping, do what's right?

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
americanedgetech

Keeping it real, helping, do what's right?

Post by americanedgetech »

Call it what you wish... We all tend to forget what is IMPORTANT!
Socks, shoes, a blanket... Call me jaded or deft but if you can order something on your phone, there is something more important than your water softener.

Today I refused to take a payment from a customer that insisted that his BOAT was more important than my time. He has his boat, and I have his pride!!!
If you THINK that your comfort is important, think about this... just for a moment... we are not all blessed. We do not all live where we are exposed to people in need but there are people in need.

Count the people that walk past this child. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CwCvpEMEJU

Help anyone that needs. Please!

Maybe AAPK members can set up a kitty for Xmas? There is time...
Ken Mc.

WTB Kershaw 2120 MACHO Lockback Parts knife
I need a pile side scale. THX!
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Keeping it real, helping, do what's right?

Post by TripleF »

Great post Ken!!

We as Americans and snooty rich children, crying if we don't have our new gadget......

I live in a 55+ community (I know, I know.......I'm married to an older woman....seriously) and frequently help the older
ladies when asked and even when not asked!!! It is the RIGHT thing to do my friend!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

"What greater wisdom can there be than kindness ?" Rousseau
kj
Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jeffinn »

kootenay joe wrote:"What greater wisdom can there be than kindness ?" Rousseau
kj
Great quote! ::tu::
Jeff
Hey … it’s a pocketknife for gosh sakes. I’m not selling the Mona Lisa….Bullitt4001
https://www.jfinamoreknives.com
http://www.secondlifeknives.com
tjmurphy

Post by tjmurphy »

TripleF wrote:Great post Ken!!

We as Americans and snooty rich children, crying if we don't have our new gadget......

I live in a 55+ community (I know, I know.......I'm married to an older woman....seriously) and frequently help the older
ladies when asked and even when not asked!!!
It is the RIGHT thing to do my friend!
I would expect nothing less from you, Scott. ::handshake::
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

This morning I was at the barber getting my hair cut and the barber and I were catching up since my last haircut as we were the only ones in the shop. When he was almost done, another customer walked in and sat down waiting his turn and I could tell that something heavy was on his mind. It bothered me to the point where I almost opened up a conversation with him but then I thought it might make him uncomfortable and didn't. When the barber finished my haircut and I went to pay, I handed him a $50 and he went to make change and I quietly said "your customers haircut is on me and the rest is your tip, Merry Christmas". The barber winked, shook my hand and not another word was spoken. I hope that brought a small ray of sunshine into the customers day, it sure did mine, and my wallet doesn't feel any lighter!
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Consider this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CwCvpEMEJU

I'm appalled.

If you pay attention, you will see that the man that finally intercedes had been sitting on the sidewalk, leaning against a building for probably the entire length of the video.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jeffinn »

I don't spend any of my time judging other folks. Here in my hometown area of metro Detroit, there are a lot of homeless folks. I think that people fall off of the grid for a variety of reasons. None of those reason are important to me. I've been blessed with a fantastic life. I managed to stay employed for my entire working lifespan, I've owned a few houses, always had a roof over my head, met and married the girl of my dreams and had two wonderful children. I'm not financially rich, I'm retired and on a fixed income. However, I never hesitate to help a homeless person by offering a few dollars when I can. I don't care what they spend the money on, if it gives them a little comfort for a bit I'm fine with that.
I know that there are many who believe that homeless people are all scammers, I'm not here to change any minds. I can only live my life in a way that works for me.
Whatever you belief, I wish you all well and hope the holidays are happy and bright for all of you!
Peace!
Old Retired Jeff!
Hey … it’s a pocketknife for gosh sakes. I’m not selling the Mona Lisa….Bullitt4001
https://www.jfinamoreknives.com
http://www.secondlifeknives.com
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Somewhere in the Bible, Thessalonians, I think and I don't know which translation, but I think it must have been the Revised Standard, it plainly states,

"Give to those who ask of you, without reservation".

You are living that. ::tu::

Bless you for it.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

James 1:5 I think Charlie.....no matter where, nice to know where Jeff's heart is. God Bless!
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Similar, but that's not it. That involves us asking of God.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sidlow Baxter
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

I try to do what I can. Although I'm not rich, I'm not scraping either, so it brings me great joy to help out if I can.

It's just a few bucks to me, but to some, it's a fortune...
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

We have a lot of needy people that stand on street corners and ask for handouts. I suppose they are pretty much everywhere, not just in my area.

I keep a cup in my car that I toss loose change into when I hit a drive through food joint or something similar. When it fills up I usually bring it inside and dump the change into a much larger glass jar.

For about a month now I've been taking change from that cup and putting it into these little velvet bags that I bought from this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=53387

I just toss the little bag of change out the window and yell "Loose Change". The drawstring keeps the change inside the bag so it doesn't matter if the person catches it or not. I bought the Red bags so they stand out like a sore thumb if they hit the ground, which they usually do. I suppose one bag holds about 4 or 5 dollars in change but I've never actually counted it.

I've been having a pretty good time doing this. It's fun for me and it helps the person out as well.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”