Thank You AAPK!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Thank You AAPK!

Post by bestgear »

Each year, the month of November is often overlooked due to the earlier encroachment of the holiday season. Stores have both Halloween and Christmas merchandise up at the same time, pushing Thanksgiving out of the way. Out of all the holidays in the year, Thanksgiving is one of my favorites. For starters, its one of four guaranteed days out of the year I can spend with my family because the Government is closed and I don't have to work. When you're little, Thanksgiving seems like kind of a boring holiday, but as I've grown up it's become more of my favorite because it's a national day of thanks. While I'm thankful for everything I have every day of the year, Thanksgiving gives the opportunity to fully share with others why you are thankful. So for the month of November, I'm focusing on what I'm most thankful for. This week I am thankful for my AAPK friends who are like family to me.

I met some of the greatest friends on this planet through AAPK. Though we may not all see each other as much as we like to (or ever) or get to talk everyday, when we do it's like no time has passed. I know that you will be there for me whenever I need it, and I will do the same for you.

Through the good times and the bad, there are so many memories and inside jokes we share that makes it all worth it. I'm thankful for all of you because I don't know where I would be at this point in my life without you guys. I hope you know just how much you mean to me, and that I am incredibly blessed to have you in my life.

Though my family is fairly small, the close friends that I have on AAPK make me feel so much like family and that's what they have become. There's a quote that says, "Friends are the family we choose for ourselves," I couldn't agree more.

Thank you AAPK!
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
americanedgetech

Re: Thank You AAPK!

Post by americanedgetech »

What a wonderful, heartfelt post Tom!
I'm that guy that cries when the dog gets put down in the movies, and I just shed a little tear reading the last line of your post.

You have a way of putting the perspective back into a cloudy day, that's for sure.
Happy Thanksgiving to you sir, and hug everyone you love with love. ::handshake::
Ken
Ken Mc.

WTB Kershaw 2120 MACHO Lockback Parts knife
I need a pile side scale. THX!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Amen, Bro. I'm addicted to this site and it's not entirely the knives. I hope all my Cyber friends have a happy and relaxing Thanksgiving weekend. Let the gluttony begin.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Fine sentiments. Ditto all the above. [I thought I was the only one who had to mask his tears at the movies.]
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Well said Tom. You have put into words what many of us feel, and done a fine job of it at that! ::handshake::

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Here! Here! Great post Tom!
I am indeed happy and thankful for you and the many "wireless" friends I've made here! Gotten me through a lot!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

I'm a lucky man, having much to be thankful for - and AAPK is certainly a part of that. Nicely put Tom. Happy Thanksgiving gents. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

A great post by Tom and his feelings mirror most everyone's here I believe. Not only is this a great site for knife information but also is a fun place to come to when you have a few extra minutes (or hours in some cases) in your day. I feel like I know some of you guys personally but have never met any of you guys yet. I've only been here a short time but I'm afraid it would be quite difficult to run me off now. AAPK is definitely on my Thanksgiving day list of items to be thankful for.
I hope everyone here has a bountiful day Thursday and many things to be thankful for! ::ds::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Great post Tom!! And I agree with all of the above posts!! ::tu:: John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

I'm gonna add my thanks also, I enjoy this site and all my knife brothers and sisters more than a little and thanks to Bryan and the moderators for all you do to keep things on a even keel.THANKS FRIENDS. ::tu::
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Great post, and I too am thankful. I don't get a chance to read almost every thread like I once did but I love catching up when possible. You all are a great bunch of guys; we're all tied by a common thread. ::handshake::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Here Here,Ditto and Amen all of the above!I have met some of the finest folks I know on this forum and feel blessed to know them.Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Roger
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

...BIG ditto to all the previous posts on this one!!!!.......... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: .............
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Well said!
Happy Thanksgiving y'all! ::ds::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
tjmurphy

Post by tjmurphy »

Yeh, thanks AAPK
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

It's been a pleasure, for me, to participate here.
Thank you, Bryan. Thank you AAPK.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. ::tu::
Joe
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

It has been a rough year. However, I am Thankful for this site and hobby.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Bob
Attachments
Knife.Thanksgiving.jpg
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Well said my friend Tom. I will always look back on the reason we “officially met” via phone a few months back. What a great thing that was for all involved.

That is what life is all about, the people we enrich and are better for meeting us, not what is in it for us.

This is the only forum I have ever joined or belonged to. Great group here and many friends made since.

Although life has been a rough patch lately, very thankful for what I have.

Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”