I Don't Know How To Respond To This

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: I Don't Know How To Respond To This

Post by jerryd6818 »

I've sold a few things on eBay. Very few. Maybe a dozen. In fact, ~Q~ bought a knife from me before we were members of AAPK. All I knew was the buyer was on Hawaii and didn't realize he was one of my buyers until he posted the knife on AAPK.

The very first thing I sold cost me. I started low and miscalculated the shipping so I lost money on the sale. I sold a small lot of lighters and the buyer gave me neutral feedback because one of them "didn't work". I noted in the listing that it didn't work. Some numbskulls just don't read. I don't like to sell in the first place so selling on eBay is not an experience I'm eager to repeat.

Now buying is a totally different story but even that is getting to be a pain in the astridous.

An observation; Neutral feedback on eBay is like kissing your sister. It means nothing. It doesn't effect your positive feedback and disappears from the record after a year.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
wlf

Post by wlf »

Two pages of feedback and still 100%.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Jerry - I know how you feel.....you promptly paid.....you promptly left positive feedback when the item arrived......and you expect the same in return.......been there too ::handshake::

I've purchased and sold numerous items from/to Roy (TSPA) over the years and have gotten to know him fairly well. Roy has served on the Board of the International Scout Collector's Association and has written several books including the two volume Scouting History through Memorabilia. I'm not making excuses for Roy but he's a busy guy with over 26,000 items currently listed on eBay alone. Some sellers use automated software to post feedback once payment has been received, I guess that Roy does not.

I did notice that TSPA has left feedback for 182,152 transactions but only has 70,404 feedback ...... for whatever that's worth.
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

As a buyer I pay no attention to my eBay feedback. It's a lot like participation ribbons - worthless.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”