I Don't Know How To Respond To This

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

I Don't Know How To Respond To This

Post by jerryd6818 »

Or even if I should.

Made a purchase on ebay June 15, 2017 and received the item within a reasonable amount of time. Gave the seller feedback right away after receiving the item.

As of today, August 2, 2017 I have not received feedback from the seller so I sent the following message this morning;

Do you not leave feedback for your customers?

Once a Corporal. Forever a Marine.
Jerry D.

This is the response I received a little while ago. ::uc::

I guess my expectations must be too high. Comments?
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-08-02-11-35-38.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: I Don't Know How To Respond To This

Post by btrwtr »

They must be too busy to take proper care of their business. Maybe if you buy at the right time of year it works out fine. ::shrug::
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

The seller's policy may be convenient for him but is certainly rude for his customers. Personally, I would send a note pointing out why I would no longer do any future business with him. I don't expect my note would make a difference, but at least might provide an irritant to his day.
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

I get that too from time to time. It bothers me but I just cut my losses and move on. I would, however, not buy from them again. It might not hurt them financially, but they won't be getting anymore of my money...

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Occasionally I'll have a seller fail to post feedback following a purchase I've made. To be honest, with as many positive feedbacks as I've accumulated I just don't worry about it much anymore.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Same here, Phil. As long as I remain at 100% positive Feedback, I don't care whether a seller is too busy with their business to post.

According to the reply Jerry received, feedback is forthcoming, just not on his schedule.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
big monk

Post by big monk »

JerryD --- I'm surprised you got a reply at all** -- I never worry about feedback,when I buy or sell anymore -- E-bay has so many regulations & ""crap"" and whether you have 100% or 99% , people still buy & still sell -- sellers can not leave negative feedback for an AAAAZZZZZZZhole buyer,but a buyer can leave negative feedback because it rained that day & said buyer wanted to sunbathe ::shrug:: ________ I'll give you some ""feedback""

JerryD is a great e-bayer /AAAAAAAAAA++++++++++,AOK !!!!!! ______ ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ___ just don't sic that dang eagle on me ::woot:: ::woot:: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Attachments
Happy_Monk.jpg
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

From my point of view, a lazy seller. My OCD is the only one concerned about feedback. I just sent a message back, "I'll be interested to see how that works out." ::shrug::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
SolWarrior

Post by SolWarrior »

I'm a buyer on eBay. Never a seller. I'd say about 50% of the time I ask questions and thus build somewhat of a rapport with those sellers. (Sometimes they don't answer so I don't buy) I'd say about 95% or higher of them give me a positive feedback with great comments. When I don't ask questions and just buy I'd say the percentage drops to around a 75% feedback.

I have a 100% rating but not a whole lot of feedbacks to my name. Every time I buy I pay within minutes and sometimes some of things, well mostly knives, I buy are not as described. Sometimes they are better and sometimes worse. When it's better I always mention "Item better than described!". If it's worse than described but still okay I leave no feedback rather than leaving a neutral or negative to avoid any hassles.

But that reply, Jerry, was way uncalled for. If by chance it was a knife, you should mention your influence with other eBay buyers through an internet site and that you will release their eBay handle to us if, and that it will definitely hurt their business. It's a sure way to light a fire under their caboose and have them learn a lesson in the process.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Jerry, is the emogie(sp ?) "really", the reply you received ?
I have bought thousands of knives on ebay. I never look at the FB i receive. I know that i act responsibly and fairly as a buyer. My integrity is important to me so i don't really care what somebody else thinks.
I also cut the sellers a lot of slack unless it is obvious that they are being 'shifty', which is rare. Ebay is only one aspect of a seller's life. I have no idea what might be going on in a seller's life that affects their ability to mail promptly, leave FB etc., but for sure disruptions occur to all of us.
Sometimes i get 2-3 months behind on leaving FB.
kj
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

Jerry - I think you may be getting worked up about nothing. I know you buy a lot of knives on Ebay: has anyone ever refused to sell you a knife or raised the price for reasons relating to feedback?

I just checked twenty random used knife sellers and every single one has feedback from 98% to 100%. To me, that indicates that Ebay feedback is essentially meaningless. I certainly am not going to decide to buy or not to buy based on a 2% feedback difference.

I only buy, not sell, on Ebay. I do not usually leave feedback: if a seller is not satisfied with timely payment, then he is welcome to blacklist me. I do not check my feedback, if any. If seller is very new with few feedbacks then yes, I can see him needing some positive feedback and will leave it if prompted. But when an established seller with hundreds of feedbacks emails me asking for more, I try to remember not to bid on his auctions, though my memory is such that I never remember that kind of thing more than a week.
Mel
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

I've probably bought 200+ items on ebay in the last 16 years - my feedback number is currently 146; about 75% leave feedback. It used to bother me, but hasn't in quite awhile - it is rude, but it's out of my control and really effects nothing. OH

Ps One of my favorite AAPK stores is what I call a "low communication vendor". However, I get great used knives at excellent prices - but I never get a bit of communication other than the automatic AAPK Invoice when I buy. The item just appears in the mail one day - no tracking number, no e-mail, nothing. The first time that bugged me, but I ALWAYS get the item/s and they are always as good or better than described. I just accept that is the way it's going to work and I've always been happy with the way it turns out. Got two on order from him right now - I'll get a nice surprise when I come home from work one day next week.
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

big monk wrote: I'll give you some ""feedback""
Big Monk...I never get tired of seeing that monkey pic...makes me laugh every single time. :lol:

~Q~
~Q~
Black Lion

Post by Black Lion »

Too busy to leave feedback but NOT too busy to reply to a message within hours of being posted? Almost like they thumbed their nose at ya, huh? I see it as just plain rude.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

What MONK said!!! ::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I've sold a few things on eBay. Very few. Maybe a dozen. In fact, ~Q~ bought a knife from me before we were members of AAPK. All I knew was the buyer was on Hawaii and didn't realize he was one of my buyers until he posted the knife on AAPK.

The very first thing I sold cost me. I started low and miscalculated the shipping so I lost money on the sale. I sold a small lot of lighters and the buyer gave me neutral feedback because one of them "didn't work". I noted in the listing that it didn't work. Some numbskulls just don't read. I don't like to sell in the first place so selling on eBay is not an experience I'm eager to repeat.

Now buying is a totally different story but even that is getting to be a pain in the astridous.

An observation; Neutral feedback on eBay is like kissing your sister. It means nothing. It doesn't effect your positive feedback and disappears from the record after a year.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
wlf

Post by wlf »

Two pages of feedback and still 100%.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Jerry - I know how you feel.....you promptly paid.....you promptly left positive feedback when the item arrived......and you expect the same in return.......been there too ::handshake::

I've purchased and sold numerous items from/to Roy (TSPA) over the years and have gotten to know him fairly well. Roy has served on the Board of the International Scout Collector's Association and has written several books including the two volume Scouting History through Memorabilia. I'm not making excuses for Roy but he's a busy guy with over 26,000 items currently listed on eBay alone. Some sellers use automated software to post feedback once payment has been received, I guess that Roy does not.

I did notice that TSPA has left feedback for 182,152 transactions but only has 70,404 feedback ...... for whatever that's worth.
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

As a buyer I pay no attention to my eBay feedback. It's a lot like participation ribbons - worthless.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”