Anyone collect toys?????

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Mossdancer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Anyone collect toys?????

Post by Mossdancer »

This is the first I have ever been able to purchase. Really hard to find in any condition. The latching mechanism does not work. There is life after knives and guns. It is a 60's MARX Atomic Cannon. Over 26 inches long and 16 high.
moss
PICT0001.JPG
PICT0003.JPG
PICT0004.JPG
PICT0006.JPG
PICT0007.JPG
PICT0008.JPG
PICT0009.JPG
I STAND FOR OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Anyone collect toys?????

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Do you know if it's modeled after the original atomic cannon, dubbed "Atomic Annie"? It is on display at Ft. Sill, part of the artillery museum there. As I recall, it was on tracks, not tires.

Ken

Edit: Never mind, I looked online and found pictures of the real deal. Not similar. It's been nearly 20 years since I saw the real one at Ft. Sill.
Attachments
image.jpeg
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Black Lion

Post by Black Lion »

That's really cool! Did ya get the shells with it? I've got a couple of cork guns that are fun until the cat runs off with the corks.

My wife said I've got way too many toys and I parlayed with I'd have a whole lot more if she hadn't thrown some of them out to which she replied that she hadn't thrown any of them out; she'd just hid them real good and that I've got toys in the attic. I looked in the attic and there ain't nothin' there.

Or maybe she was implying something? ::hmm::
Mossdancer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mossdancer »

No Shells, I think there were only two to begin with. Heck, I think having toys are better than having girlfriends and a lot less expensive.
moss
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

Pretty cool there WB, really nice find...hope your summer is
going good down in your new selling spot by the docks....
I have buried somewhere the Tiger Joe Tank...remember that one WB...
it not only rolled over my buddies army men all set up, it shot a big shell with a
heavy rubber tip, I won all the battles with that bad boy !!!

Will
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/clearcreekknives
mrwatch

Post by mrwatch »

A long time collector of toy trains. Mostly O Gauge Lionel. Not much on toy's but I still have my big toy truck from my childhood I think "MODEL TOY'S" and my brother his PIE SEMI TRUCK. I have a small collection of FIRST GEAR toy trucks and a couple of WINROSS trucks but they are pricey.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

When I was a kid, or should I say a little kid, I collected hard plastic and rubber toy horses and my office is full of them still, mostly Stuart and Hartland sets. For a while I was collecting die-cast cars and trucks and there are about 100 of them on shelves around the room and a line of them on a continuous shelf going across two sides of my office near the ceiling. On the walls are shelves with a little of everything like old metal pistols, tops, puppets mixed in with all the more adult stuff like my knives, hatchets, nutcrackers, clocks, fishing stuff and old tools among lots of other misc. stuff. I've posted pictures of my office before and did a story some years ago for Knife World called "Three Easy Lessons" on becoming a knife collector with pictures. I hate cleaning day which usually doesn't occur very often. So yes. I collect toys. The garage is full too.___Dave
Mossdancer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mossdancer »

Thanks for the posts. I managed to buy the NAPA six decades of Nascar in the 90's. Could not resist, my High School ride was a 1949 Oldsmobile business coupe like Red Byron drove to the first, the 1949 NASCAR championship. Ya know that just might make a topic all by itself. "High School Rides" "Ooh the joy of it all."
moss
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

I discovered many years ago from my attendance at "Toy Shows" and online "Toy Auctions" are a great place to find Pocket Knives and cutlery related items. ::nod::
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
Yehuda

Post by Yehuda »

My fire engines, 1930's-1950's.
IMG_20180407_171158810.jpg
My favorite.
AirBrush_20180407173032.jpg
"Wise man say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

mrwatch wrote:A long time collector of toy trains. Mostly O Gauge Lionel. Not much on toy's but I still have my big toy truck from my childhood I think "MODEL TOY'S" and my brother his PIE SEMI TRUCK. I have a small collection of FIRST GEAR toy trucks and a couple of WINROSS trucks but they are pricey.
Hey - me too! It's been 10-15 years since I was last actively collecting Lionel, but I still have all of them stored away. Just like my knives, my trains are a random pile of pre-war, post-war and modern. None of it is mint or very valuable. Of course, my prized possessions are the trains and accessories my Dad bought before I was even born. He started buying trains when my sister was born in 1949, and he bought additional cars and accessories every Christmas from 1949 until the 1960s. We would set-up a huge layout around the Christmas tree every year, with two locos, plenty of switches and all the operating accessories. I have all of it except the original set my Dad started with, my sister has that.
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
blademaker

Post by blademaker »

1/64th....and of course I needed a fontaine heavy haul lowboy to haul it ::facepalm:: I need help.....
Attachments
180500860_dcp-1-64-kenworth-k100-cabover-tractor-diecast-.jpg
180500860_dcp-1-64-kenworth-k100-cabover-tractor-diecast-.jpg (15.08 KiB) Viewed 1856 times
first-gear-komatsu-d155-ax-dozer-with-ripper.jpg
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Like I said before, I had to quit or get a bigger room. I just haven't gotten rid of any of them yet. ____Dave
Attachments
office 002.JPG
office 003.JPG
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Dave, I really like looking at those type of pictures. There are so many things to see, like the old saws in the top picture and the tractors in the bottom picture. A John Deere and I would guess the one with the red wheels is an Oliver. I even see Carmillus' T-Bird on the top shelf. ::tu::
Thanks for sharing some of your goodies.
Oh, and what about that set of heavy, dark colored antlers? Is there a tale about them?
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

No Phil. There is no fun story there, the dark set came from a sale or something, the smaller set up by the hat rack, I shot, and the elk antlers on the safe are purchased somewhere too. The only other set in the office is on another wall and that is a smaller 8 point that I got in the Black Hills when I was in the Air Force. Some of my "toys" go back to when I was very young or came from my parents or were given to me by old friends. There are as many stories of my life in this room as there are toys and the memories are way better to keep than the things. So many of the people I got these things from are gone now. ____Dave
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

::tu:: 50+ Schoolbusses, collected from all over the U.S.
My fleet
My fleet
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

treefarmer wrote:Dave, I really like looking at those type of pictures. There are so many things to see, like the old saws in the top picture and the tractors in the bottom picture. A John Deere and I would guess the one with the red wheels is an Oliver. I even see Carmillus' T-Bird on the top shelf. ::tu::
Thanks for sharing some of your goodies.
Oh, and what about that set of heavy, dark colored antlers? Is there a tale about them?
Treefarmer
...............I completely overlooked the t-bird, treefarmer, thanks for pointing it out!!!.......... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: .........................
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Dave, if you're looking to get rid of some of it, call the guys at American Archeology (the pickers on the television series). Maybe they'll stop by and make you famous! :lol:

I was at a flea market shop somewhere a couple years ago, where the owner had hundreds of old oil cans of various sizes and brands. I mentioned he should call the pickers because that's the kind of stuff they seem to like. He replied that he had contacted them but was told they don't pick retail shops, just collectors that want to downsize or divest their stuff.

You might qualify!

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”