13 Years

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
wazu013

Re: 13 Years

Post by wazu013 »

Reading through this thread has reminded me why AAPK is a special place to be.
Thank you Bryan.
Mike
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

wazu013 wrote:Reading through this thread has reminded me why AAPK is a special place to be.
Thank you Bryan.
Mike
Well said my friend, well said.

I hope life finds you well.

Regards, Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

zp4ja wrote:
wazu013 wrote:Reading through this thread has reminded me why AAPK is a special place to be.
Thank you Bryan.
Mike
Well said my friend, well said.

I hope life finds you well.

Regards, Jerry
Thanks Jerry.
It's all good down here. Every day is a bonus.
:)
Mike
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Thanks Mike. Good attitude my friend.

Not sure I have seen this posted thus far...

I have been a active member here over 5 years. Some members have more posts. Some 2005' members have few posts and stop in once in a while. That is cool in my opinion.

That said, there been a few times that due to upgrades or issues, we were unable to access the forum. We had an transition to no "photo bucket" type links were allowed and we lost all the pictures on the forum, direct post or not. 404 Internet error as I recall additionally. There have been upgrades done and some minor forum service interruption in my opinion.
When this occurred, some members including myself to some minor extent were posting subsequent posts when the forum came back online. Can't recall that I actually post a reply to theses posts or not but I have to tell you, some members were jonesing like a crack addict when we came back online.
They missed it plain and simple.
If a guy has financial issues, kids to raise, don't visit often, medications to buy, things or reason that they don't wish to share, etc, that is understandable and not my business. I do not look down on anyone for their choices whether I agree with them or not. Everyone is free to do what they wish. Only real impact I see to free members is they are limited to the Advertisement forum, nothing else.

I saw a comment early on in the discussion that used the word "ambivalent". Member has been here for years all on Bryan's dime and I guess no clue that there are associated costs. Then if said members start posting new pickups, we obviously know where there priorities lies. But hey, between them and God.

Here is my question, what if AAPK went dark tomorrow and never came back due to not having the funds to keep the lights on?

Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Jerry I for one would miss it, that said I've got one forum that is more or less dead I think mostly due to facebook, and although I miss it I guess could join it on facebook. Several sites I visited and took part in tied up with one or all of the facebook type things and if this one does I'll probably lose it to. ::shrug::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Business-Does-Not-Need-Facebook-Page.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

jerryd6818 wrote:Business-Does-Not-Need-Facebook-Page.jpg
::barf:: ::barf:: ::barf:: ::barf:: ::barf:: ::barf:: ::barf:: ::barf:: ::barf:: and did I say ::barf::
Roger
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

.........what's facebook???.............. ::shrug:: ..............
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

WOW...and here I thought I was the only one left in the entire world that was NOT ON FACEBOOK (and never will be).

All my fellow kindred spirits are right here on AAPK....AND you also like pocketknives...DOUBLE JACKPOT BONUS!!!

You guys ROCK! ::ds:: ::super_happy:: ::groove::

~Q~
~Q~
big monk

Post by big monk »

No Facebook for me either ---- don't text,tweeter,nor tooter*** --- it's all I can do to stay on this dang ""puter"" ::shrug:: --- have a great day my friends,_____________________Monk ::tu::
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

No FB here either!! ::td:: Don't need all that nonsense out there!!! ::tounge:: John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

big monk wrote:No Facebook for me either ---- don't text,tweeter,not tooter*** --- it's all I can do to stay on this dang ""puter"" ::shrug:: --- have a great day my friends,_____________________Monk ::tu::
You and I and it appears others are cut from the same cloth. I do text out of necessity but dislike it. Resisted till about 5 years ago when Dad was dying and my 5 sisters choose texting as their primary form of communication. Never tweeted, been on Facebook or any other type of thing like that. Any app on my phone I have can pre-loaded and most of them got deleted.

And I know this will shock everyone but I use cash 90% of the time and never have used my debit card for a single pack of gum for $1.49 at the convenience store.

I believe Monk and I did a knife deal awhile back if I recall. Price was 100 bucks shipped.

Whatever member it was, I received a crisp 100 dollar bill in an envelope. That's more my style.

Jerry
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Years ago a sister persuaded me to join FB. Within 48 hours I received dozens of messages from strangers wanting me as a friend. I promptly cancelled and have never looked back. Leaving FB was a hassle. Their biggest threat was that I would not be allowed to rejoin at a later date. To which I replied, Hooray.
Black Lion

Post by Black Lion »

jmh58 wrote:No FB here either!! ::td:: Don't need all that nonsense out there!!! ::tounge:: John :D
I started a facebook page/whatever way back when thinking it might be a viable storage and share site for my Vietnam project pics. Then I read their policy and such on things posted on the site. Account was then deleted and haven't been back since. All the robo-requests were a PITA as well.

::td::
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

blademaker

Post by blademaker »

Jerry
It might have been a few weeks before I noticed this. I am so guilty, as to log on to this great place and just search for what I want not knowing how it reaches me. I know I just login now and then, but AAPK has been a good friend. To tell the truth I never knew Bryan or how he did it. Thank You Jerry! And All!

Thank You Bryan!!!!!

Craig
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

another auction is ongoing...

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=53242

Jerry
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Another auction is ongoing by Wayne here...

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=53408

Jerry
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

What? Maybe an annual event, AAPK Auction Week (or Month)? An auction a day for a week or maybe two auctions a week for a month? Sign up to auction a knife similar to the monthly give-away? ::shrug::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

jerryd6818 wrote:What? Maybe an annual event, AAPK Auction Week (or Month)? An auction a day for a week or maybe two auctions a week for a month? Sign up to auction a knife similar to the monthly give-away? ::shrug::
Have no clue what you are getting at JerryD.

Care to explain the "What?" And the rest of your response for that matter?

Are you suggesting a format or schedule for member generosity to assist with forum operating expenses?

Regards, Jerry
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

zp4ja wrote:
jerryd6818 wrote:What? Maybe an annual event, AAPK Auction Week (or Month)? An auction a day for a week or maybe two auctions a week for a month? Sign up to auction a knife similar to the monthly give-away? ::shrug::

Are you suggesting a format or schedule for member generosity to assist with forum operating expenses?

Regards, Jerry
I don't know how to explain the "What?". It works better in the spoken word with a very slight question mark in the voice.

And yes, I was throwing out there for consideration a suggestion that maybe the membership would be interested in an organized, more formal yearly "fund raiser".

Just a thought that leaked out of my fingers and on to the keyboard. Sorry I confused you. That's just one of my many useless talents. (confusing people)
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

jerryd6818 wrote:
zp4ja wrote:

Regards, Jerry
I don't know how to explain the "What?". It works better in the spoken word with a very slight question mark in the voice.

And yes, I was throwing out there for consideration a suggestion that maybe the membership would be interested in an organized, more formal yearly "fund raiser".

Just a thought that leaked out of my fingers and on to the keyboard. Sorry I confused you. That's just one of my many useless talents. (confusing people)
Sounds great. Feel free to pursue that and set it up.

In the meantime, we will continue on as we have been doing. Random auctions to benefit AAPK as members see fit. Whatever timing, format, length, conditions and terms as they see fit.
espn77

Post by espn77 »

Still need to move Waynes auction to where it can be found easier
wlf

Post by wlf »

I just found this thread. I think Bryan’s wife must deserve a great amount of respect and admiration for who she is and the love she has shown towards Bryan.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
Priscilla

Post by Priscilla »

To Bryan Sanders,
Thank you for AAPK. AAPK is an amazing forum, and in just a few months, I’ve learned so much. The members are so friendly and giving with their time and knowledge. Thank you so much for creating this site loved by so many. I, we, are in you debt. God bless you.
Priscilla

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”