Any guitar pickers out there?

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Yehuda

Any guitar pickers out there?

Post by Yehuda »

This is an event I participated in celebrating the life and music of Leonard Cohen.
https://www.facebook.com/sberi73/videos ... 341748918/
"Wise man say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Any guitar pickers out there?

Post by jerryd6818 »

T.J. Murphy strums a few chords now and then. Mostly Bluegrass.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Nice video. Yehuda is that you performing ?
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Yehuda

Post by Yehuda »

philco wrote:Nice video. Yehuda is that you performing ?
Yes sir. Thank you!!
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

Looking good.
I used to play, but nowadays I just pull the old Les Paul out of the case on special occasions.
Too slow for anything else but the blues now....
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
Yehuda

Post by Yehuda »

rangerbluedog wrote:Looking good.
I used to play, but nowadays I just pull the old Les Paul out of the case on special occasions.
Too slow for anything else but the blues now....
Blues is good music!! You should share a pic of your Les Paul if you find a free moment.
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

Here you go.
Also an old pic of "happy boy", when he wanted to be a rockandrollstar in the 1980s. hahahaha
Attachments
custom.jpg
Scan 133200003.jpg
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Yehuda you have a good singing voice and vibrato, good guitar playing too. Also most importantly you seem to have the "feel", which is what makes music worth playing and listening to.

I come from a family of guitar players and musicians but I've never stuck with guitar for long (maybe it's cause of those darn knives! :lol: ). I'm a very big music enthusiast although I don't play anything. My dad is VERY good, he has his own style but the closest comparison of what he sounds like that I can think of is Gary Moore a (deceased) blues player. He's a les paul man and enjoys vintage ones. He also toured back in the days before I was born, he was with a band in those days called boot that was on the verge of "making it" but some things happened that prevented that. My dad tells me that his brother is very very good, very natural, but he's so busy these days he doesn't really play. My cousin is a guitarist that has his own original and a cover band that plays in the tulsa area and, he is becoming locally well known as an individual guitarist and it's great to see him pursuing his love of music. He's also quite the music historian. Another cousin of mine is a very natural vocalist that plays in the same bands as the guitarist cousin.

The list goes on but I've rambled quite a bit, sorry about that. All that yet I still don't play or sing anything.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
Yehuda

Post by Yehuda »

rangerbluedog wrote:Here you go.
Also an old pic of "happy boy", when he wanted to be a rockandrollstar in the 1980s. hahahaha
Nice!! That looks to be a fun Tele as well. Here's a pic of me in the 90's when I wanted to be a rock star.
VZM.IMG_20161106_164209.jpg
And a pic from last year.
20160904_210048.jpg
Yehuda

Post by Yehuda »

KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:Yehuda you have a good singing voice and vibrato, good guitar playing too. Also most importantly you seem to have the "feel", which is what makes music worth playing and listening to.

I come from a family of guitar players and musicians but I've never stuck with guitar for long (maybe it's cause of those darn knives! :lol: ). I'm a very big music enthusiast although I don't play anything. My dad is VERY good, he has his own style but the closest comparison of what he sounds like that I can think of is Gary Moore a (deceased) blues player. He's a les paul man and enjoys vintage ones. He also toured back in the days before I was born, he was with a band in those days called boot that was on the verge of "making it" but some things happened that prevented that. My dad tells me that his brother is very very good, very natural, but he's so busy these days he doesn't really play. My cousin is a guitarist that has his own original and a cover band that plays in the tulsa area and, he is becoming locally well known as an individual guitarist and it's great to see him pursuing his love of music. He's also quite the music historian. Another cousin of mine is a very natural vocalist that plays in the same bands as the guitarist cousin.

The list goes on but I've rambled quite a bit, sorry about that. All that yet I still don't play or sing anything.
I come from a musical family as well. My dad was a semi professional musician. He stored his gear in my room. I loved it!!
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Nice video,Yehuda.
I played trumpet for a couple years but the renting of it did cut into the beer money of those looking out for us.
It's great looking at these beautiful instruments. They're very intriguing.
I like to sing along to songs ......... when I'm by myself ..................
Joe
Yehuda

Post by Yehuda »

FRJ wrote:Nice video,Yehuda.
I played trumpet for a couple years but the renting of it did cut into the beer money of those looking out for us.
It's great looking at these beautiful instruments. They're very intriguing.
I like to sing along to songs ......... when I'm by myself ..................
Aw man. My wife just sold her son's trumpet cheap. He took band for one year and only spent the time goofing off.
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Well, thanks, if you were wanting to turn it my way. It's late in the game for me to pick one up.
I enjoyed it when I was young.
Joe
Yehuda

Post by Yehuda »

FRJ wrote:Well, thanks, if you were wanting to turn it my way. It's late in the game for me to pick one up.
I enjoyed it when I was young.
Sometimes it's best to just enjoy the music buddy.
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Agreed.
Joe
tjmurphy

Post by tjmurphy »

jerryd6818 wrote:T.J. Murphy strums a few chords now and then. Mostly Bluegrass.
Here's a pic of my working rig, less the strap: 2007 Martin HD-28, original McKinney Tony Rice capo and a Blue Chip TD50 pick. I was always told to buy the very best that your wife could afford, so I did.
100_1162.JPG
TOM.jpg
Here's one that I had that I sold, still kicking myself in the butt for getting rid of it. 1961 Gibson Southerner Jumbo
MVC-016F.JPG
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
Yehuda

Post by Yehuda »

tjmurphy wrote:
jerryd6818 wrote:T.J. Murphy strums a few chords now and then. Mostly Bluegrass.
Here's a pic of my working rig, less the strap: 2007 Martin HD-28, original McKinney Tony Rice capo and a Blue Chip TD50 pick. I was always told to buy the very best that your wife could afford, so I did.

100_1162.JPG

TOM.jpg

Here's one that I had that I sold, still kicking myself in the butt for getting rid of it. 1961 Gibson Southerner Jumbo

MVC-016F.JPG
Love em both. My Martin 12 string is the best sounding guitar I own.
tjmurphy

Post by tjmurphy »

Not to change the subject, but it is guitar related.......Sorta. Had dinner with the family tonight and my 16-year old granddaughter was wearing a jacket that she had bought at St. Vincent de Paul while bargin shopping. It was a Doc Marten jacket (retail over $100) that she paid 12 bucks for. Here's the interesting part, while going through the pockets she came up with a John Cougar Mellencamp (I know the spelling is bad but I think you know who I mean) concert ticket and the back of the jacket was signed by JCM. Of course, no one she knows knows who he is!! Thought that was interesting.
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
Yehuda

Post by Yehuda »

tjmurphy wrote:Not to change the subject, but it is guitar related.......Sorta. Had dinner with the family tonight and my 16-year old granddaughter was wearing a jacket that she had bought at St. Vincent de Paul while bargin shopping. It was a Doc Marten jacket (retail over $100) that she paid 12 bucks for. Here's the interesting part, while going through the pockets she came up with a John Cougar Mellencamp (I know the spelling is bad but I think you know who I mean) concert ticket and the back of the jacket was signed by JCM. Of course, no one she knows knows who he is!! Thought that was interesting.
Very cool story! Thanks for sharing!
Black Lion

Post by Black Lion »

Pics taken at a yard party jam session in the late 70's. Music "careers" over since life then required a more reliable income. The more beer we drank the better the music would sound. ::nod::

That's me on bass.
Attachments
Mark and I running through "Satin Doll"
Mark and I running through "Satin Doll"
Earl wanted Led Zepplin. I just wanted another beer.
Earl wanted Led Zepplin. I just wanted another beer.
Earl ponders the error in his ways while I escape on a bicycle.
Earl ponders the error in his ways while I escape on a bicycle.
Yehuda

Post by Yehuda »

We used to be so cool.
SteelMyHeart85420

Post by SteelMyHeart85420 »

Open blues jam at a bar on a Sunday afternoon last summer, my 30 year old modified/ re-wired candy-apple red Strat with locking vibrato and 2 stacked humbuckers singin' to a huge crowd of 10 or so....I can't play, but after 45 years of trying, I'm too stubborn to quit now 8)
Attachments
Rockstar.jpeg
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

Yep - been playing electric guitar since the 70's ... classic rock & 80's metal is still all I play. ::dang::
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
Yehuda

Post by Yehuda »

Lansky1 wrote:Yep - been playing electric guitar since the 70's ... classic rock & 80's metal is still all I play. ::dang::
So dig the 80's hair metal! My first album was Ratt's Invasion!
Yehuda

Post by Yehuda »

SteelMyHeart85420 wrote:Open blues jam at a bar on a Sunday afternoon last summer, my 30 year old modified/ re-wired candy-apple red Strat with locking vibrato and 2 stacked humbuckers singin' to a huge crowd of 10 or so....I can't play, but after 45 years of trying, I'm too stubborn to quit now 8)
Beautiful Strat! My ex wife has mine. :(

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”