THE OFFICIAL AAPK WEATHER THREAD - HOWS YOUR WEATHER TODAY ?

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: THE OFFICIAL AAPK WEATHER THREAD - HOWS YOUR WEATHER TODAY ?

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Zero degrees here today with snow and the winds are expected to pick up to 35-40mph this afternoon and tonight. All the schools are closed all around this area. Not fit outside for man nor beast. Now back to my decoy carving, indoors.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

50 degrees, fog, light misty rain. ::uc:: At least it’s not windy.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Record high temps yesterday at 91º and the earliest that temp has ever occured in the Austin weather service area. :shock: The records date back to the late 1800s.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Looking like Wednesday is gonna be BLISS.. Freezing rain turning to snow (2-4in) back to freezing rain then all rain.. WTH!!! ::uc::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

I ran to town to get parts for my Avalanche snow rake and some groceries and drove home in near white-out. I do believe we just passed the all time recorded snow fall amounts for February. It has to be close to the coldest one too. March is our snowiest month and if this keeps piling up and melts fast in the Spring, the folks along the Mississippi are going to have a rough Spring ahead.____Dave
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

3" of snow so far - drive home was brutal ... plowing was ineffective & apparently, every business in NJ let all their employees leave for the day after lunch - volume was unbelievable ... pretty much survival of the fittest out there on Interstate 80.
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Soo.. This is the ultimate guess.. 1 to 12in of snow between Sunday and Monday AM.. WOW!! I am thinking "The Weather Guessers" are covering all bases after the last Snowmeggedon guess where we ended up with 2-3in after pounding us all week with breaking news about the coming snow!!! ::disgust::

Montanaman

Post by Montanaman »

February was quite the month in Montana, many places set a Feb. record for snow and cold. 3 feet of snow here and sub zero temps, being in March my main worry is when the snow starts to melt. Code around here should support 40 pounds per square foot, our roof can support a little more, but it still has me concerned. Fighting ice dams too. Makes for a nice spring and summer though, with our natural spring running full and not having to worry as much about fire season.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Montanaman wrote:February was quite the month in Montana, many places set a Feb. record for snow and cold. 3 feet of snow here and sub zero temps, being in March my main worry is when the snow starts to melt. Code around here should support 40 pounds per square foot, our roof can support a little more, but it still has me concerned. Fighting ice dams too. Makes for a nice spring and summer though, with our natural spring running full and not having to worry as much about fire season.
Kris, we had the same conditions this February with record snow(also over 3 feet) and record cold. Our problem is that March is usually our "snow" month. We probably won't see much thaw until mid April, and if it comes suddenly, both directions from here will have flooding. We are on the continental divide. Mostly the Mississippi will cause problems, but people North of us get nailed sometimes. In a way, it's nice for us to be on the top of the hill. We haven't seen anything above freezing for 50 some days and don't expect any for at least another week ____Dave
Montanaman

Post by Montanaman »

djknife13 wrote: Kris, we had the same conditions this February with record snow(also over 3 feet) and record cold. Our problem is that March is usually our "snow" month. We probably won't see much thaw until mid April, and if it comes suddenly, both directions from here will have flooding. We are on the continental divide. Mostly the Mississippi will cause problems, but people North of us get nailed sometimes. In a way, it's nice for us to be on the top of the hill. We haven't seen anything above freezing for 50 some days and don't expect any for at least another week ____Dave
Wow, Dave, what an epic winter. I have been following your comments on how your winter is going, as we started off mild and I was washing the car in Jan. in 51F. -20 this morning with dangerous wind chill, -40 for tomorrow morning with deadly wind chill, hard on the hogs. Stay warm!
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

It's 12 degrees outside as I type this at 12:00 am. Pretty cold for oklahoma, we also had a little bit of snow last night. The dogs certainly appreciate coming inside tonight.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Ok.. After "The Weather Putzs" got it all out of their systems again with all kinds of coverage of "The Big One" again.. ::dang:: They should all be embarrassed.. We got 2-3in.. :lol: Glad we only got that amount and not more.. Got 2 properties cleared and got 2 more to go.. Oh yeah.. 20deg and Sun!!! ::tu::

samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Got down to 5 above last night in Grant county Indiana, brrrrrr.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Even at 20 below in March and the snowiest Feb. on record and poised to match one of the coldest stretches of cold ever in our area, I'm not the least tempted to move down where tornedoes, hurricanes, and floods are killing so many. In a couple months we will be living in paradise. Until then I may sleep. ____Dave
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Lotsa heavy snow :x
Attachments
image.jpg
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

garddogg56 wrote:Lotsa heavy snow :x
I feel for ya!!! ::disgust:: That is not a good sight!! ::doh:: Go slow and be careful!!! ::nod::

steve99f

Post by steve99f »

Bright and sunny now. At 6 AM 6 inches of fresh cold snow to remove. What's better than this? ::tu::
steve99f
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

It started raining here in Sioux Falls early this morning with 6 tenths of an inch falling and the temp at 32, coating most everything with ice. Now the temp has fallen one degree and it is snowing heavily. This is a very large system and it extends all the way down to Texas. Hope the ice on the power lines doesn't lead to problems.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Really bizarre weather in South Dakota over the past few days. Here in the southeastern part we had a lot of snow on the ground, then Wednesday it rained 1.75 inches and was 35 degrees. This had the effect of dumping a lot of water on top of frozen ground, which melted a lot of the snow and cause a lot of flooding problems for a lot of people. Bridges were washed out, basements flooded, and a lot of the main streets were even closed right in Sioux Falls. Further west in the southwestern part of the state there was a lot of snow as the temp. was colder there. This picture was on our local news of a rancher out near Kyle SD digging out some of his animals that got buried.
14cattle_1552665452705_77523778_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

OLDE CUTLER wrote:Really bizarre weather in South Dakota over the past few days. Here in the southeastern part we had a lot of snow on the ground, then Wednesday it rained 1.75 inches and was 35 degrees. This had the effect of dumping a lot of water on top of frozen ground, which melted a lot of the snow and cause a lot of flooding problems for a lot of people. Bridges were washed out, basements flooded, and a lot of the main streets were even closed right in Sioux Falls. Further west in the southwestern part of the state there was a lot of snow as the temp. was colder there. This picture was on our local news of a rancher out near Kyle SD digging out some of his animals that got buried.

That's crazy!!!
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Wow, cow up to the horns in snow, never saw anything like that before!
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Well.. At least we got a taste of warmth on Thur.. 80deg.. ::tu:: Today we are back to 30 and snow.. WTH???? ::disgust:: Staying in the low 40s for highs this coming week with below freezing at night!! ::doh::

COME ON SPRING!!!!! ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds::

Montanaman

Post by Montanaman »

OLDE CUTLER wrote:Really bizarre weather in South Dakota over the past few days. Here in the southeastern part we had a lot of snow on the ground, then Wednesday it rained 1.75 inches and was 35 degrees. This had the effect of dumping a lot of water on top of frozen ground, which melted a lot of the snow and cause a lot of flooding problems for a lot of people. Bridges were washed out, basements flooded, and a lot of the main streets were even closed right in Sioux Falls. Further west in the southwestern part of the state there was a lot of snow as the temp. was colder there. This picture was on our local news of a rancher out near Kyle SD digging out some of his animals that got buried.

Wow, that is wild! Still knee deep to waist deep snow here on the homestead, temps hovering around 38 in the day and 15 at night. Good temps to help melt the snow, last thing we need is rain and higher temps. Stay safe folks
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

38 and snowing HARD now.... ::disgust:: ::facepalm:: ::disgust::

OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

It was 75 degrees and sunny in Sioux Falls yesterday, BUT coming in the next couple of days is a huge storm which is expected to bring heavy rain and/or snow depending on local temps. We had a real big storm like this last year on this same week in April. We could get 10-15 inches of snow, winds, and mid twenties degree wise. I sincerely hope they are wrong again about this one.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”