THE OFFICIAL AAPK WEATHER THREAD - HOWS YOUR WEATHER TODAY ?

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
samb1955

Re: THE OFFICIAL AAPK WEATHER THREAD - HOWS YOUR WEATHER TODAY ?

Post by samb1955 »

Low 70's yesterday in central Indiana to the upper 40's today. I'm ready for spring. Did get up to 68 today, can't trust cell phone forcast for weather!
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Not good here in eastern SD. The local electric utility is reporting that there are thousands of people out of power, 27 electrical substations are out of power, there are about 200 power poles snapped off from ice and snow load. In SW Minnesota there is about another 150 poles down. The crews working on restoring power will be stopping for the night at 8:30 this evening, so if you dont have power by then it will not be on till at least tomorrow. Our neighborhood has been fortunate in that we still have power on and we are keeping our fingers crossed. Can you imagine how long it would take to replace 200 power poles? Crews are coming here from other parts of the country to assist.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

OC my heart goes out to you. Hope you keep your power and make it to warm up.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Northern Minnesota didn't get the snow amounts they predicted but we sure got the wind and the snow we got was pretty much horizontal blowing snow, so it's a little hard to measure how much we did get. I'm guessing about 3 inches. I was loading 1X8X8ft. boards today before the snow started, and they were blowing off my cart faster that I could grab them. My wife had to hold them down as I loaded them into our vehicle to keep them from blowing away. The wind was sustained at over 30 MPH with gusts up to 65 MPH. We got home before the snow got close to white-out. Our power stayed on but some trees are down. Hopefully nothing goes down on power lines tonight. The snow has pretty much stopped but the wind is still howling. ____Dave
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

The snow from last weeks blizzard is gone now, and it is suppose to get to 78 degrees tomorrow, so I am really going to stick my neck out and put the snow shovels away tomorrow!
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Winter just won't give up here. Another couple of inches of snow overnight and 32 degrees. Hopefully it will melt fast, the lawn is green and will need to be mowed soon.
IMG_2887.JPG
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

OLDE CUTLER wrote:Winter just won't give up here. Another couple of inches of snow overnight and 32 degrees. Hopefully it will melt fast, the lawn is green and will need to be mowed soon.

IMG_2887.JPG
Guess you'll have to invent the combo Snowblowermower. :(
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Doc B wrote:
OLDE CUTLER wrote:Winter just won't give up here. Another couple of inches of snow overnight and 32 degrees. Hopefully it will melt fast, the lawn is green and will need to be mowed soon.

IMG_2887.JPG
Guess you'll have to invent the combo Snowblowermower. :(
That is a good idea!! I think I will do it with a bagging attachment.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

may 8th and we are under a Winter Storm warning. So far it's just what 6 months ago we would call a pretty snowfall. We may have 5 or 6 inches by morning and should melt by tomorrow night. ___Dave
Attachments
snow storm in May 002.JPG
snow storm in May 003.JPG
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

The May 8th storm gave a us about a foot of wet snow. Then we had a week of beautiful Tee shirt weather, although every day started out around 35 degrees, but warmed up with the sunshine. Today, May 19, it snowed fairly hard almost all day. Thankfully this time the ground was warm enough that it melted as fast as it fell. Our lakes and streams are full.___Dave
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Cold and Wet. Had the first frost here last Friday. going to be a long cold winter. ::shrug::
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Around +17 celsius. Clear. Bone Dry. Spring seeding is chugging along. She is getting really dry. Top inch of soil is powder.
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

More than 8000 years ago, the first civilization of the world was born on the shores of the freshwater lake Black Sea. People lived well, had their kings and priests, worshiped their gods, kept animals and cereals. But the end of the next ice age came. The level of the ocean has risen. The Bosporus stream broke and the salty water from the Mediterranean burst into the Black Sea. The level rose by 200 meters and swept the cities and fields. That's how the first human civilization disappeared. The legend of the great flood was born.
Spread to people around the world. One part went to the east and created the Sumerian civilization. The other part has spread throughout the entire Balkan Peninsula and has created another civilization. Over the centuries they are called Pelasgians, Thracians, Bulgarians ...
The wheel of the story rolled. The Flood is coming again. Goodbye friends, I'm going to build ark.
Attachments
IMG_0579.JPG
IMG_0590.JPG
IMG_0589.JPG
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Eustace wrote:More than 8000 years ago, the first civilization of the world was born on the shores of the freshwater lake Black Sea. People lived well, had their kings and priests, worshiped their gods, kept animals and cereals. But the end of the next ice age came. The level of the ocean has risen. The Bosporus stream broke and the salty water from the Mediterranean burst into the Black Sea. The level rose by 200 meters and swept the cities and fields. That's how the first human civilization disappeared. The legend of the great flood was born.
Spread to people around the world. One part went to the east and created the Sumerian civilization. The other part has spread throughout the entire Balkan Peninsula and has created another civilization. Over the centuries they are called Pelasgians, Thracians, Bulgarians ...
The wheel of the story rolled. The Flood is coming again. Goodbye friends, I'm going to build ark.
I feel for you Eustance, my daughter and her family are there in Bulgaria and she has been telling and sending pictures. Yesterday I think she couldn't leave because both cross streets in her neighborhood were flooded almost over the wheels of her car.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

dlr110 wrote:
Eustace wrote:More than 8000 years ago, the first civilization of the world was born on the shores of the freshwater lake Black Sea. People lived well, had their kings and priests, worshiped their gods, kept animals and cereals. But the end of the next ice age came. The level of the ocean has risen. The Bosporus stream broke and the salty water from the Mediterranean burst into the Black Sea. The level rose by 200 meters and swept the cities and fields. That's how the first human civilization disappeared. The legend of the great flood was born.
I feel for you Eustance, my daughter and her family are there in Bulgaria and she has been telling and sending pictures. Yesterday I think she couldn't leave because both cross streets in her neighborhood were flooded almost over the wheels of her car.
In what city are they?
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

They are in Plovdiv, just about the center of the city. I was there this time last year.

cudgee

Post by cudgee »

4th day of Winter and if today is any indication, going to be a cold one. Going to be about 50-55deg. with a cutting breeze. Victoria-Australia.
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

It's been warm lately.
IMG_4890.JPG
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Well KnifeSlinger#81, I see your 100 degrees and I'll raise you 2 degrees! (check out the "feels like" temp, the heat index, 119 ::woot:: )
001.JPG
Noticed all the weather stations on TV are issuing alerts for folks up the country, ain't nothin' new in this part of the world. :)
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

.TF, that looks about the same as it is here in TUPELO right now!!!..... :roll: ........
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

HOT :x y'all can have this wheather I'd rather a Nor'easter ::hmm::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I hear ya gdogg! Y’all don’t have many places with air conditioning there. My sister-in-law’s place in Owls Head doesn’t have any AC but normally they don’t need it. When they do though it’s miserable. I was in Rangeley several years ago in August when it was 100 degrees. We went there to escape the Texas heat, but it was hotter there that day than it was in Texas. ::facepalm::

Here the highs have been mid-90’s, typical for this time of year in Texas. We just came in from visiting with neighbors for a couple of hours while sitting around the picnic table under a big oak tree, drinking iced tea. It was quite pleasant there in the shade with a nice breeze. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

It will not be comfortable here in Ponder country today. Clear skies, 0% chance of rain, high 99 with a feel like temp of 102, humidity at 33% and a calm wind. I believe after church and lunch I will just take a long nap or watch a good old western.

Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

8am here in Jersey. Already 85°, feeling like 95°.
Forecast for 99° actual, heat index 110°+

Gimme 60° +/- 5° and I'm happy. Flannel shirt during the day, light jacket in the evening ::groove::
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Well guys, i never new how hot down south can get during summer. Most of the time clear sunny days are between 25 celsius (75 fahrenheit) to 30 celsius (86 fahrenheit). Just the humidity is the kicker, anywhere from 65 to 90 on any givin day. Makes those hot days a lot hotter. But lots of days are cool with low humidity. Some days are nice, can work all day. And some days are cookers, can't do anything. That's the thing about East Central Saskatchewan or West Central Manitobia, the weathers awesome during spring, summer, and fall. Only winters get you. Even then, people that move here from hot places, North Affrica tell us that they take this any day over cooking. That's why you got lots of snow birders around canada. JMTB
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”