Are There Any BASEBALL Fans On The Forum?

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Tsar Bomba

Re: Are There Any BASEBALL Fans On The Forum?

Post by Tsar Bomba »

jerryd6818 wrote:Don, I didn't see the game yesterday so have no idea what you're talking about so I went to my expert source for everything, Google. There I found this discussion and if it doesn't leave you dazed and confused then you are my baseball hero. ---> http://www.umpire.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-11197.html
Made perfect sense to me. ::shrug:: I love this aspect of baseball. I think the thing that draws me in is the same thing that is making so many millennials consider it "boring" or "difficult". :roll:
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Well here we are at the beginning of a new season. I had hoped for some improvement in my Braves this year, but the of season moves that the management made seemed somewhat frantic and nonsensical to me and seem to be playing out as I suspected in these first few games. Oh I how I long for a crazy rich owner like Ted Turner. This Money Ball ain't much fun for the fans.Might check in a few times here but don't look for much out of me. :x
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Heyward's bat has come alive. He has two hits so far tonight and Bryant finally broke out with a hit in the top of the fifth. Bottom of the fifth and it's Cubs 1 - Brewers 0
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

One of those nights in Philadelphia. Against the Nats, 16 to 3, bottom of the 7th. It was 11 to 0 after one. Wish they could hoard runs and use them later.
steve99f
CheckSix

Post by CheckSix »

Cubs 4 and 2 on the road. Home opener at Wrigley tonight with the Dodgers in town. Jay Hay doing really well at the plate... Schwarbs is carving out one heck of a season so far, as lead-off man.
Dave - the new guy. :lol:
NRA Life/Endowment
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

GO AMAZINS! Big knock Jay Bruce!!! ::ds:: ::clapping::
C9GL9aiWsAYmecY.jpg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

CheckSix wrote:Cubs 4 and 2 on the road. Home opener at Wrigley tonight with the Dodgers in town. Jay Hay doing really well at the plate... Schwarbs is carving out one heck of a season so far, as lead-off man.
Now 1-0 at home. When Maddon brought in Edwards in the 7th, I thought everything would be okay until he loaded the bases with some bad sloppy pitching. Grimm came in and got them out of it with a weak fly ball to right center followed by a no doubt double play. I watched the Cubs leave guys stranded on 1st and 2nd in the bottom of the 7th, turned it off and went to bed just before midnight. They won without me.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

::dang:: lo
Tsar Bomba wrote:GO AMAZINS! Big knock Jay Bruce!!! ::ds:: ::clapping::

C9GL9aiWsAYmecY.jpg
Don't get to excited , wait till mid season when Bruce is batting below .200 and o-fer with r.i.s.p. ftd
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"
CheckSix

Post by CheckSix »

jerryd6818 wrote:
CheckSix wrote:Cubs 4 and 2 on the road. Home opener at Wrigley tonight with the Dodgers in town. Jay Hay doing really well at the plate... Schwarbs is carving out one heck of a season so far, as lead-off man.
Now 1-0 at home. When Maddon brought in Edwards in the 7th, I thought everything would be okay until he loaded the bases with some bad sloppy pitching. Grimm came in and got them out of it with a weak fly ball to right center followed by a no doubt double play. I watched the Cubs leave guys stranded on 1st and 2nd in the bottom of the 7th, turned it off and went to bed just before midnight. They won without me.
Haha...!!! Rizzo to the rescue, assisted by John Jay. The Cubs bullpen is still their Achilles heel. Grimm did good. I think Edwards was being affected by the cold temp. He's done fine so far, in warmer games.
Dave - the new guy. :lol:
NRA Life/Endowment
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

CheckSix wrote: The Cubs bullpen is still their Achilles heel. Grimm did good. I think Edwards was being affected by the cold temp. He's done fine so far, in warmer games.
And they still have the terrible twins ::cuss:: ::censored:: Strop and Rondon. :x

Yeah, that may have been Edwards problem last night. He has done well most of the time and you could see their breath last night.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

fergusontd wrote:Don't get to excited , wait till mid season when Bruce is batting below .200 and o-fer with r.i.s.p. ftd
As a lifelong Mets fan, I've seen more than my share of abysmal batting with runners on 2nd and 3rd. :lol: I will soak up the Bruce magic while it's there, however, because we're not hurting for outfielders so I think we might be OK if he goes south by July. ::pray::

Besides, that's when Yoenis really starts to torch it anyway. ::ds::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Hey Red, your Nats are looking pretty good tonight.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Two come from behind wins in a row. ::ds::

Hey Ferg. How 'bout those Reds?
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Has anybody seen Jose Reyes's offense? ::disgust::
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

::tu:: Jerry, so good so far, but we'll see how things play out. Watching the game with Baltimore, 12 k's from Garrett, good pitching from the rookies. ftd
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I'm a little nervous about seeing the Cubs go into P-burg tomorrow after getting swept by the Pirates at home. At least they took 2 of 3 from the Reds this weekend.

Glad to see the Nats sweep the Mets.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

jerryd6818 wrote:Glad to see the Nats sweep the Mets.
::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Gonna be a real short season for Terry if the offense doesn't turn things around tout de suite. ::disgust::
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

::facepalm:: Shouda been Reds 2 out of 3, but only the Reds can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. ftd
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Rangers take the elusive 4-game sweep from the Royals! Darvish goes 8 innings, 5 hits 2 runs, Gallo strokes another HR - only went 432 feet which for him is turning out to be about average. Not sure what they'll do with him when Beltre comes off DL but if he keeps hitting like he has been, he's not going back to AAA. They'll find somewhere to put him!

Ken
Attachments
image.jpeg
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

Tsar Bomba wrote:
jerryd6818 wrote:Glad to see the Nats sweep the Mets.
::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Gonna be a real short season for Terry if the offense doesn't turn things around tout de suite. ::disgust::
Watching the Nats and the Mets was a real pleasure for me. Any ending was a happy ending. Go Phils! :D
steve99f
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Holy cats John (1967redrider)!! That must have been some game against Colorado. Nats 15 --- Rockies 12
Of course the ball does tend to fly in Denver. :mrgreen:
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Black Lion

Post by Black Lion »

Mumbleypeg wrote:Rangers take the elusive 4-game sweep from the Royals! Darvish goes 8 innings, 5 hits 2 runs, Gallo strokes another HR - only went 432 feet which for him is turning out to be about average. Not sure what they'll do with him when Beltre comes off DL but if he keeps hitting like he has been, he's not going back to AAA. They'll find somewhere to put him!

Ken
Is that Alf in the pic? Always wondered what happened to him...
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Black Lion wrote:
Mumbleypeg wrote:Rangers take the elusive 4-game sweep from the Royals! Darvish goes 8 innings, 5 hits 2 runs, Gallo strokes another HR - only went 432 feet which for him is turning out to be about average. Not sure what they'll do with him when Beltre comes off DL but if he keeps hitting like he has been, he's not going back to AAA. They'll find somewhere to put him!

Ken
Is that Alf in the pic? Always wondered what happened to him...
:lol: Supposed to be a palomino horse named "Captain". :lol: Like most other of these sports team costumed mascots (seems like every team from high schools through pros has a mascot these days) it's a cartoonish character. The guy that does the job for the Rangers seems to be great with kids - they love him. (I think alf was an alien - probably went back to his home planet! ::shrug:: )

Ken
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Mumbleypeg wrote: seems like every team from high schools through pros has a mascot these days
Ken
Today, all but three major-league teams have "official" mascots (Dodgers, Yankees, and Angels). The last mascot the Cubs had was a live bear named "JOA" in 1917. There wasn't another until "Clark" (a dressed up human as is the style these days) was announced in 2014. Thank goodness "Clark" doesn't show up at the games. I despise mascots.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

I didn't realize there were that many teams without a mascot. That's encouraging. ::tu::
steve99f

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”