DOGS

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
PA Knives
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

DOGS

Post by PA Knives »

Bryan,

Notice that you use a dog for your avatar. I am a dog show judge and although knives are my love, dogs rank in the same area. I do dogs in the herding group and travel the east coast quite a bit. This does give me the chance to see knives too. I visited the Smokey Mountian Knife Works last year. I am going to NC in Oct and hope to find a few haunts then too. Just thought you might like to know.

::tu::
Multiple Contributions to Knife Magazine ,
Author of "Great Eastern Cutlery: An American Tradition, the History of the Northfield & Tidioute Brands" & "Tidioute: A Town With an Edge"
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Hey PA,

Yea, I recall seeing that you are interrested in dog shows from your profile. I am definitely a fan of the dog. I'll take a hound of any kind at any time. I grew up with beagles. Our family has always been into rabbit hunting (beagles are great for that I'm sure you know). Unfortunately, I live in town and I don't really have a place for beagles to run, so... now I'm stuck with a goofey little Dachshund. I never thought I would have have one of those. He is the short haired black and tan version; maybe 10lbs. Kind of the significant others choice really....

I've grown to really like the little guy. He is smart and has a great personality. He tears a lot up though, and we have a love / hate relationship for the most part.

I'm going to guess that you own a dog or 2 of some sort? Do you do the training thing? I've seen those hearders work on T.V. That is some amazing stuff.

Bryan
PA Knives
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by PA Knives »

We own Cardigan Welsh Corgis, a welsh herding dog. Here is our web site

http://www.dragonpatch.org

check it out and let me know what you think.

A tip for your dog. WE love this breed to, on the web site you will see a page about a special little dach that we owned. Let me know on that too.

now for the tip. Buy a sterlized beef bone a PETSMART. $3 ??? put some peanut butter deep in side and then freeze it. If you have be gone for a long time this will keep him amuzed for HOURS. Remember to not over do it as it can be hard on the stomack if done to much. WE only train for conformation.. "WESTMINSTER" type stuff. As I mentioned, my wife and I are both AKC judges. I will be in TN and NC in october.

PA Knives
Author of "Great Eastern Cutlery: An American Tradition, the History of the Northfield & Tidioute Brands" & "Tidioute: A Town With an Edge"
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Hey PA,

Those are some good looking dogs you have. Nice website too. I didn't see anything about the dachshund...??? You have a broken link on the adoption page (the contact us link).

Are you on that site? If so... Red hair or GREY :mrgreen: ?

I'll have to try the sterilized bone trick. Thanks for that tip :D ::tu::

Bryan
PA Knives
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by PA Knives »

Glad you liked the site. We will be doing a major updating very soon. Here is the link to the section on the Dashie, You will enjoy it I am sure.

http://www.velocity.net/~dragon/Puddy.htm

Someday I hope to do a knife realated site for my stuff, and YES I am the gray Haired one. thanks for pointing that out. I noticed that you were smart enough to not get your photo on the knife site. GOOD thinking!

Thanks Bryan, good people are harder to come by these days.

David
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Hey PA,

Great story about the daschi. I almost posted a picture of me and my dog here on this thread, but I got cold feet... :lol: :lol: I don't need everyone poking fun of my ugly mug :D . If you need help on your site, drop me a line any time. ::tu::

Bryan
sunburst

Post by sunburst »

Hey PA,

You have got to have a couple of volumes of weird things that dogs do in your experience as a judge. What stands out as one of your best stories???

By the way I have a 120lb Red Bullmastiff female, who has eyes for no one but me...Makes my wife awful jealous, you know there's not room enough for two females in the household. Oh by the way if anybody wants someone taken out let me know. All I have to do is rub them down with any kind of meat product and my dog will eat them (Filthy Pig Dog as my wife says).

I think Jimmy Hoffa was done in that way :wink:
TKC

Post by TKC »

I have Shiba Inu. He is a fantastic dog!! He is very smart.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”