First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by Ripster »

cudgee wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:40 pm
bighomer wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:55 pm Morning folks, 🌡70 deg. heading to the 80's. Was supposed to rain every day this week and has around the area, no heavy stuff all week, had a half of a inch in the rain gauge yestiddy evening, poured out 3.3 this morning. Thunderstorms woke me at 4 a.m. and it came a deluge in just over and hour.
Critters are fed including the boss,sissy and me.20210611_080238.jpg
The dishes are warshed and put away.
I didn't check in for a couple of days and see that the fcd was invaded by cool vehicles . ::tu::
Buddies day at Hooters, hot wings coming up.
Have a good'un and be careful out there ::handshake::
There is a job for you here at the Diner, if you can turn out food like that, when do you want to start.? :mrgreen:
LOL Cudgee, he does look like he can whip up a good meal ::tu::
Thanks for the Rabbit Read . Very interesting. Garry had asked and I was wondering too about that Rabbit Fence, did it work ??
Stay warm over there .
JP
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Ripster wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:05 pm
bighomer wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:55 pm Morning folks, 🌡70 deg. heading to the 80's. Was supposed to rain every day this week and has around the area, no heavy stuff all week, had a half of a inch in the rain gauge yestiddy evening, poured out 3.3 this morning. Thunderstorms woke me at 4 a.m. and it came a deluge in just over and hour.
I didn't check in for a couple of days and see that the fcd was invaded by cool vehicles . ::tu::
There is a job for you here at the Diner, if you can turn out food like that, when do you want to start.? :mrgreen:
LOL Cudgee, he does look like he can whip up a good meal ::tu::
Thanks for the Rabbit Read . Very interesting. Garry had asked and I was wondering too about that Rabbit Fence, did it work ??
Stay warm over there .
Yes the fence did work, was not perfect, but it did it's job in the main. They built another one for dingoes it over 3000 miles long.
dingo_fence_portion.jpg
Dingo fence.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

treefarmer wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:37 pm
bighomer, I see y'all have one of the finer accouterments for most any meal there on the breakfast table, Tiger Sauce! ::tu::
Treefarmer
Man I like that stuff, it ain't hot enough for me so I do kick it up a notch with just a touch or two of habanaro hot sauce. Good for what ails ya. ::handshake::
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

I better just stick with fixing for the boss, the dog and me but thanks anyway.
::tu:: ::uc:: ::woot:: ::handshake::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

bighomer wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:10 pm
I better just stick with fixing for the boss, the dog and me but thanks anyway.
::tu:: ::uc:: ::woot:: ::handshake::
If you have a change of heart, there is always a grill here waiting for you. :mrgreen:
TPK

Post by TPK »

Morning folks,

It's getting warm over here. Should get up in the 90's next week. ::doh:: Gotta go into town latter and get rid of our old fridge. We finally got a new one. Then I have to pull up some weeds around my flowers & trees. Then maybe a short nap after lunch and make some cigarettes towards the evening. That's about it. :D

Have a good one friends,

Tom
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Morning folks.
I actually go to work to relax.
Yard sale ain't much fun with mid 90s temp.
Have a really good mug of coffee.
Starting to be able to see.
Looking for the magic penny!
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Moring creww, had thunder storms during the night and sounded like hail. Last day of work this week. ::ds:: Happy trails!
David
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning Tom, plain Dave and David, you all are at it early.
And Good Morning to the rest of FCD.
Heading out to the car shop in a few ,a little last minute prepping ,stop and put some high octane fuel in the newer cars,get the old Locomobile checked over and then head to Altoona park for the first Car show here in over a year. Talked with a few guys and gals this week,sounds like it’ll be a big turnout. And the weather is great. Wife is meeting us there and then we’ll grab something to eat and settle in for a day of hot rods, classics, muscle cars, and I suspect a whole lot of BS.
Cudgee,that’s a lot of Fences for dingoes,didn’t realize there was a problem with them .
Well better get rolling,you all have a great Weekend,get the grille out, go see a old friend,whatever’s on your agenda ,hope you have a good one ::tu::
JP
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Ripster wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:28 am Morning Tom, plain Dave and David, you all are at it early.
Heading out to the car shop in a few ,a little last minute prepping ,stop and put some high octane fuel in the newer cars,get the old Locomobile checked over and then head to Altoona park for the first Car show here in over a year. Talked with a few guys and gals this week,sounds like it’ll be a big turnout. And the weather is great. Wife is meeting us there and then we’ll grab something to eat and settle in for a day of hot rods, classics, muscle cars, and I suspect a whole lot of BS.
Cudgee,that’s a lot of Fences for dingoes,didn’t realize there was a problem with them .
Well better get rolling,you all have a great Weekend,get the grille out, go see a old friend,whatever’s on your agenda ,hope you have a good one ::tu::
Sounds like a big time JP!! Have a good time.....add some photos please!! ::tu::

Off to the flea market in a bit and maybe some garage sales...
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Morning everyone, hope you all have a good and safe weekend. Got to get some stuff for a sharpening project i have started, other than that nothing much on for the rest of the weekend. ::tu:: :)
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. JP, sounds like a fun day. Nothing's happening here. I'm taking our 10X20 tent over to Jane's girlfriend's house for two of the friends grand daughter's grad. parties. Then home again to try to keep my new seeded grass alive. The lawn is starting to look really nice but it's been hot and dry and our sandy soil doesn't support grass without a lot of effort. The full canopy of trees doesn't help much either. It looks like we are in for a nice weekend. Have a great one.____Dave
TPK

Post by TPK »

djknife13 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:00 am Good morning. JP, sounds like a fun day. Nothing's happening here. I'm taking our 10X20 tent over to Jane's girlfriend's house for two of the friends grand daughter's grad. parties. Then home again to try to keep my new seeded grass alive. The lawn is starting to look really nice but it's been hot and dry and our sandy soil doesn't support grass without a lot of effort. The full canopy of trees doesn't help much either. It looks like we are in for a nice weekend. Have a great one.____Dave
::hmm:: Didn't know you all had sandy soil up there. I thought that was a Florida thing. ::shrug::
Anyways, good luck with your grass Dave. ::handshake:: :D

We have red and white clay after the first foot of dirt ::nod::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' folks. It is an early crowd this morning. I'm going to a meeting of local collectors about noon today. We'll have a burger or such and show and tell. It is usually a lot of fun.
Hope you all have a good day today.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Ripster wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:28 am Morning Tom, plain Dave and David, you all are at it early.
Have Fun!! ::tu:: ::nod:: ::tu::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you all!!
I just rolled out of bed by a big clap of thunder as the storms pass through.
I was going to mow today, but that won't be happening now. I guess I will
just relax today and maybe watch a good old western movie. Have a great
weekend everyone and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

My, an early bunch this morning. Coffee is extra good today.
Have to say I’m a bit proud of myself. A week or so ago I was trying to “fix” a leaky sink drain with silicone. Well, that didn’t work. So off to Menards for new sink and needed plumbing parts. Sink was easy, glass vessel one just like the old one on sale for $25. Then to the plumbing aisle for the pop up drain. I stand there like dumb blonde (I’m a redhead) and “help” comes, gives me the wrong kind. Thank goodness I read the package and found the right kind myself. Then I’m trying to figure out what connector I need, a different “help” comes to the rescue. (Not! More later).
Ready to work, can’t find a wrench to loosen old connections, borrowed the necessary large stuff.
Can’t get it loose, WD40, try later, nope, more WD40, yesterday morning easy off. Ready to put sink in place, nope. The second Menards “help” gave me the wrong kind. Off to the local hardware store, get the right connector.
Success! Everything fits and nothing leaks.
Lesson learned, don’t listen to “help” even if they act like they know.
The irony of all of this is the instructions (?) with the sink “This is a 2 person job, do not attempt by 1 person”. Well, this 75 yr old lady did it by myself!

Nice day today, 80’s, sunny, slight breeze but I have to work☹️☹️
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Boji wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:20 pm ,,,,,,,,,
“This is a 2 person job, do not attempt by 1 person”. Well, this 75 yr old lady did it by myself!
You go, girl!!!! ::ds:: ::handshake::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning 🌡 mid 70's later around 90. Beautiful bright sun shinny day with pop up thunder bumpers in late afternoon.
All us critters are fed and the dishes warshed.
Supposed to be trash 🗑day but all the rain the past week means badboy time.
The deluge we had yestiddy wash the son's driveway pretty bad so me and the little Ford 3000 had to straightened and smooth that out.
Yawl have a good'un and be careful out there. ::handshake::
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Paladin wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:42 pm
Boji wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:20 pm ,,,,,,,,,
“This is a 2 person job, do not attempt by 1 person”. Well, this 75 yr old lady did it by myself!
You go, girl!!!! ::ds:: ::handshake::

Ray
Thanks! I like a good challenge, tis good for the soul. Next up, new shower head. In the past I have replaced toilet innards and fixed a leaky kitchen faucet. Maybe I should have been a plumber?
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

A late Good Mornin' to y'all!
Been busy and didn't take time to check in. :oops:
Coffee, breakfast, devotions, paper work to the Florida Forest Service, tie up some wandering tomato limbs, got Miss Joy off to the post office to mail my FFS stuff and then time to sit and do AAPK.
Had a decent 0.3" shower yesterday, regular liquid sunshine for Florida. Just lookin' for small things to keep me going till I can start using my right arm. Took time yesterday to look in a box of knives I hadn't opened in a year or so, just like Christmas morning! ::tu::
Oh yeah, the bee-man paid his rent yesterday. We found a box with a dozen containers of honey on the porch yesterday after nap!
001.JPG
Y'all have a great day today!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Well it's over, There are three people out there to haul away the rest of the stuff.
I probably will not be awake too much longer.
Should have a decent check come Thursday.
Coffee was good.
Looking for the magic penny!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

treefarmer wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:39 pm A late Good Mornin' to y'all!
Been busy and didn't take time to check in. :oops:
Coffee, breakfast, devotions, paper work to the Florida Forest Service, tie up some wandering tomato limbs, got Miss Joy off to the post office to mail my FFS stuff and then time to sit and do AAPK.
Had a decent 0.3" shower yesterday, regular liquid sunshine for Florida. Just lookin' for small things to keep me going till I can start using my right arm. Took time yesterday to look in a box of knives I hadn't opened in a year or so, just like Christmas morning! ::tu::
Oh yeah, the bee-man paid his rent yesterday. We found a box with a dozen containers of honey on the porch yesterday after nap!001.JPG
Y'all have a great day today!
Treefarmer
Morning, we are open for business and have a special treat today. ::super_happy:: Coffee is on, and we have crumpets with Treefarmer's honey as a Sunday treat before church services. Have a relaxing day everyone. :)
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Sunday Mornin', Folks.
Cudgee, the honey is mighty good on anything that need sweetening!
We are experiencing 70 degree weather this morning after a typical day that got to 92 yesterday. The relative humidity is 97%, up where the meteorologist will use the professional term, "sticky". Looks like we'll be having some more rain showers during the day and there is a "thing" down in the Gulf that may get the name of Bill if it keeps coming to the north. Hey, get over it, we live in Florida! :roll:
Church in a couple of hours and then Miss Joy is cooking a birthday dinner for the sweet lady that helps her on Thursdays. She always stays for dinner when we fry venison so you know what the meat will be for today. I got 2 big vacuumed bags of venison ham from the freezer in the shop last night to thaw out, now we need to season it and get it back in the fridge before breakfast. Another of our friends is bringing her a carrot cake so we shouldn't be hungry this afternoon!
Y'all have a great day and maybe we'll see you at church this mornin'! :)
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' guys and gal. I just rolled out of the sack and I can't seem to get the fog out of my head. I'll do a run through in the shower in a few minutes then be off to church.
Hope you all have a blessed day today.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”