First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
cudgee

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by cudgee »

Dan In MI wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:42 pm I was indeed referring to the Grinds that Ike showed. Cherry is the current flavor. I use them both in place of nicotine and when I want a little caffeine kick without having to brew a pot.

Beijing was curious about them, too. That's her paw at top center of the photo.

16315692533492955773707920854749.jpg
How do you use them???
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

cudgee wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:44 pm How do you use them???
Break the label on the side of the can, pop the lid off, pull out a pouch, and place it between your cheek and gum. Just like Copenhagen or Skoal. If memory serves me correctly, that stuff was impossible to find when I visited Australia, Bahrain, and Thailand. And in Singapore? Forget it!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Dan In MI wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:57 pm
cudgee wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:44 pm How do you use them???
Break the label on the side of the can, pop the lid off, pull out a pouch, and place it between your cheek and gum. Just like Copenhagen or Skoal. If memory serves me correctly, that stuff was impossible to find when I visited Australia, Bahrain, and Thailand. And in Singapore? Forget it!
Thank you for your explanation, and you are correct about it being hard to find over here, i have never heard of them. But with the net they are no doubt available here now. ::tu:: ::handshake::
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

I don't usually drop by the FCD in the evening, but I thought I would share a picture of what I had for supper tonight.
Taco Salad: Corn chips, ground beef with taco sauce mix, salad, ranch style beans, shredded cheese topped
with Catalina dressing and a green onion on the side.
Attachments
20210913_184609.jpg
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

dlr110 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:30 am I don't usually drop by the FCD in the evening, but I thought I would share a picture of what I had for supper tonight.
Taco Salad: Corn chips, ground beef with taco sauce mix, salad, ranch style beans, shredded cheese topped
with Catalina dressing and a green onion on the side.
I'm around anytime for that. Looks Delish. ::sotb:: ::sotb:: ::sotb:: ::tu::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Is it a full moon over there, nobody seems to be asleep. ::paranoid:: ::paranoid:: ::paranoid:: :roll: :mrgreen:
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

cudgee wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:36 am Is it a full moon over there, nobody seems to be asleep. ::paranoid:: ::paranoid:: ::paranoid:: :roll: :mrgreen:
Here in the central time zone it's only 7:40 PM, so the night is young.

cudgee

Post by cudgee »

dlr110 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:38 am
cudgee wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:36 am Is it a full moon over there, nobody seems to be asleep. ::paranoid:: ::paranoid:: ::paranoid:: :roll: :mrgreen:
Here in the central time zone it's only 7:40 PM, so the night is young.
You have plenty of time then for seconds of that magnificent spread. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod:: :)
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

cudgee wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:36 pm Thank you for your explanation, and you are correct about it being hard to find over here.
The hard to find product I was referring to was Copenhagen or Skoal in specific, or smokeless tobacco generally. I guess Australians aren't fans of that stuff. I was in Australia in February 2004, at least a decade before Grinds were created.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Dan In MI wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:31 am
cudgee wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:36 pm Thank you for your explanation, and you are correct about it being hard to find over here.
The hard to find product I was referring to was Copenhagen or Skoal in specific, or smokeless tobacco generally. I guess Australians aren't fans of that stuff. I was in Australia in February 2004, at least a decade before Grinds were created.
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Hope you all got a good nights sleep, seemed as though the Diner was open well into the evening. The staff are demanding overtime. ::uc:: :lol: . Enjoy your first coffee, you may need 2 depending on how you slept. Have a good'un. ::nod::
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning crew, look out the east window and didnt see a mushroom cloud so its back to work. Happy trails!
David
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', FCD crew!
Trying to get back to normal, heading out for men's prayer meeting at 6:am, haven't been able to go for about a month.
Got the coffee maker ready, Miss Joy can turn it on when she gets up. I'll be back by 7 to have my 1st cup. :)
No rain on the radar this morning, had only scattered clouds yesterday but we are supposed to feel something from the Nicholas storm in the near future according to the local guessers.
Y'all have a great Tuesday!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' all. Looks like we get nothing here from Tropical Storm Nicolas. I'm all prepped for Men's Devotional Breakfast. Hopefully, my Rav4 gets out of the body shop sometime today. Sure hope they matched the paint up just right. It is hard to get along with just one car for the both of us. I guess it shows just how spoiled we are.
Hope you all have a knice day.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. No storms here, just a gentle rain last night. We have two more small jobs to try to fit in with several bigger ones before winter hits. It's been such a weird summer that everyone is speculating on what winter will have for us. I'm off to son's house for more siding work. Have a great Tuesday.____Dave
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning. Starting off wet,windy today. Had a bit of hail and stormy weather last night . Will be heading up to Marvin’s to help him with a 37 touring Sedan he just bought . Need to set up the brakes and then take it out and burn that old gas out and get some fresh high octane in it . Many of the cars we buy and sell have been sitting for years ,and that’s hard on the seals and fuel systems. And the mice are a bad nuisance. then maybe finish up a few other projects ,and get the 75 HD back to my shop so can get to rebuilding the tranny. This time will put some Andrew’s close ratio gears in it .
Hope life is treating everyone well,stay safe ,enjoy your day .
JP
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks 🌡 mid 60's may hit 90 by afternoon. Off and on rain showers predicted for the next few days. I sure feel bad for the good folk in TX. and LA. Be nice if we could send some of that water out west.
Critters fed and the dishes warshed.
Not much happening around here, boss and her best buddy are going shopping so me and ole Sissy will be the boss for awhile.
I'm gonna try and get some weed killer down before it gets too hot.
Hope yawl have a good'un and be safe out there
::handshake::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Ripster wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:29 pm Morning. Starting off wet,windy today. Had a bit of hail and stormy weather last night . Will be heading up to Marvin’s to help him with a 37 touring Sedan he just bought . Need to set up the brakes and then take it out and burn that old gas out and get some fresh high octane in it . Many of the cars we buy and sell have been sitting for years ,and that’s hard on the seals and fuel systems. And the mice are a bad nuisance. then maybe finish up a few other projects ,and get the 75 HD back to my shop so can get to rebuilding the tranny. This time will put some Andrew’s close ratio gears in it .
The cars that have been sitting for years, what do you do to fix the seal and fuel problem, just run them, or do you have to replace things, always wondered about that.
Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 »

Good Morning Everyone,
A pleasant 72 degrees with a light breeze this morning. The weather guessers are predicting plenty of sun with a high near 90. Not a lot planned other than wait for salesmen from local contractors to arrive for estimates on replacing an asphalt driveway. Last one we put in was 21 years ago. I will be prepared for sticker shock! Got a couple stag handled Hen & Rooster knives to clean before adding them to the collection. They look new so work should be quick. Everyone stay safe and healthy.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Morning all, had a nice pop up shower last night, measured 1/2 in here. The local county fair is going on this week will probably be only the 2nd or 3rd time I’ve missed going in my life. As county fairs go, it is a big deal. Billed as World’s Greatest County Fair. Draws a paid attendance of about 300,000. Work in a little while. Will be my life for several weeks. I’ve run the shop by myself a lot in the past but I was 10+ years younger then. Makes me realize how much the old body has aged.
Supper tonight with daughter and family will be easy on me Taco House takeout. And margaritas. Taco House is a local institution, been in business since the early 60’s. No visit to Okoboji is complete without a meal from it.
Time to get moving.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you all!!
Looks like our temps are going to stay away from the near 100's and down around 88 to 90 degrees. Goodness it might feel like fall in North Texas soon. I need to go to a nearby Harbor Freight store and maybe Home Depot in search of metal ramps for the storage buildings out on the property. Also I just might check out an indoor gun range that is nearby.
Everyone have a great day and be a blessing to someone.... :D

Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Good early afternoon to all. Today has been a great day. USPS delivered three knives to me ahead of schedule, and I have two more to unbox. Should be a rather warm day, and I may even have another cup of coffee. Y'all have a great day!
USN 2000-2006
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

We are having rain from TS whatever it is.
Coffee was good.
Other than that how did you like the play?
Looking for the magic penny!
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

cudgee wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:53 pm
Ripster wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:29 pm Morning. Starting off wet,windy today. Had a bit of hail and stormy weather last night . Will be heading up to Marvin’s to help him with a 37 touring Sedan he just bought . Need to set up the brakes and then take it out and burn that old gas out and get some fresh high octane in it . Many of the cars we buy and sell have been sitting for years ,and that’s hard on the seals and fuel systems. And the mice are a bad nuisance. then maybe finish up a few other projects ,and get the 75 HD back to my shop so can get to rebuilding the tranny. This time will put some Andrew’s close ratio gears in it .
The cars that have been sitting for years, what do you do to fix the seal and fuel problem, just run them, or do you have to replace things, always wondered about that.
Hey Cudgee, that does depend on if fuel is gummed up the system or if seals are to dry to do there job ,etc etc . If they’ve been stored properly ,tires aired up ,battery tender ,etc etc. then not many issues. Kind of like how we take care of our old knives and if we store them properly,they will last much longer without any major work . It’s getting harder to find parts as well,many seals we can’t get anymore so we end up sleeving it for the next size up we can find . The Carburetor on most of them are not to hard to rebuild. Hope that answers your questions,you take care over there ::handshake:: Here’s a pic of the 37 that we are playing with today . Got it runnning just fine now ,it’s got a updated rear end so it does 70 or so just fine. Fun car to drive
Attachments
F86A16AC-45EB-4AF4-9607-13DA00F9A825.jpeg
979E98B6-0A67-4743-873E-C33C51F42A5C.jpeg
63FA0E0A-A2CB-47C3-9E94-0A1B5289AEE9.jpeg
EC01DD37-DEA7-46AA-A208-1FA17A264497.jpeg
CE69ADDF-9C63-41F2-AB1B-874BD2C773E1.jpeg
75EF97E3-DCB2-495E-B3C6-25B6012C2672.jpeg
JP
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Ripster wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:09 pm
cudgee wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:53 pm
Hey Cudgee, that does depend on if fuel is gummed up the system or if seals are to dry to do there job ,etc etc . If they’ve been stored properly ,tires aired up ,battery tender ,etc etc. then not many issues. Kind of like how we take care of our old knives and if we store them properly,they will last much longer without any major work . It’s getting harder to find parts as well,many seals we can’t get anymore so we end up sleeving it for the next size up we can find . The Carburetor on most of them are not to hard to rebuild. Hope that answers your questions,you take care over there ::handshake:: Here’s a pic of the 37 that we are playing with today . Got it runnning just fine now ,it’s got a updated rear end so it does 70 or so just fine. Fun car to drive
Thanks mate. You have a good evening. ::tu:: :)

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”