First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by Paladin »

zzyzzogeton wrote:
Paladin wrote:
Quick Steel wrote:Good Morning. 35 and overcast. It looks like it should be snowing but none is predicted. I will be eagerly waiting for the results of Ray's encounter with Law & Order. Have a knife day and travel safely.
I went in to the court this morning and explained my case to the prosecuting atty. Showed my photo array and made my case. He wants to get the video from the dash cam of the patrol car for some reason. I suspect that he couldn't think of what else to do so just used this as a delaying tactic. Anyway, I have another court date in about a month. Stay tuned. :) :roll:

Ray
Make sure that whatever address the cop put on the ticket matches whatever address they try to pull off the dash cam. This sounds like an attempt to charge you with speeding in some 30 mph zone you went through before you ever hit the 45. If so, the cop should have documented the offense address on the ticket.

Was this in P-ville or Rr?
It was in P'vill.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

I'm awake once more. Coffee is hot and that's the best thing I can say about it.
Once more to the salt mines. I'll leave the lights on for ya.
Looking for the magic penny!
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Hump Day fellas!!

Got some errands to run,....
Signed up for a thing called Tinkergarten. It's an outdoor based theme getting kids outside!! We'll see.

Drive it like you stole it!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Got about 3 inches of snow last night. Jane won't want to drive to cardiac rehab so I'll drive her. I didn't have anything else planned for today anyway. We get our car back today and the problem wasn't the timing belt and it only cost about half as much. We still have to do the timing belt soon but not now. Have a great Wednesday. ___Dave
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' boys. Good news on the car, Dave. It is 39º on my patio so if it is gonna freeze it'll have to hurry. Supposed to be in the mid 60s later today. Gotta suck this cup down and then take the dog to the beauty shop for a shampoo and cut.
Hope you all have a good day. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Fellers.
I thought winter was over, yesterday the low was 42 and this mornin' it is back down to 31! ::woot:: Must be global warming, after all, that's what is causing all the fires in California! :roll:
Coffee's ready, got hurry along this am, another trip to Panama.
Y'all have a great hump day!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Currently 18 degrees and sunny. Good Morning to all. Trash is out; birds are fed; a hawk circled around yesterday but left after a few minutes. Hope your day is what you want it to be. Take care now.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning fellers, late to the table again, and I'm liking this sleeping in. QS I don't have a lot of birds at my feeders. ::shrug:: Hope yawl have a great day and be good to your friends and neighbors and be safe out there. ::handshake::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

bighomer I don't know what part of the country you live in; consequently I don't know what kind of foliage is available. I mention this because I've found it very productive to locate feeders near shrubby and coniferous trees. The birds feel much safer while feeding, having a place to immediately retreat to when startled.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Q I'm in middle Tn. The landscape hasn't change, the fall migration just doesn't seem to be what it has been, noticeably fewer birds last year and this. Last year as winter went on more and more showed up and the spring and summer were normal. ::shrug::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Well the song bird population has been in decline for a few decades. I understand it is down about 50% from when we were kids. Loss of habitat is a big cause but there are especially heavy losses during migration due to city lights, and now the wind power generators are knocking down tens of thousands. The power companies have been authorized by Obama to kill up to 4500 Bald Eagles before any fines kick in. ::uc::
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

philco wrote:Good morning guys. I'm draggin' this morning. I've been plagued with sciatic nerve pain for a couple of weeks now. It seems to be getting worse as time goes by. I've had bouts of it before, always impacting my right leg. This time the pain is on the left side and runs from my hip to down below my knee. I've been taking Tylenol but it's of limited help. As long as I sit or lie down the discomfort is minimal (but there). When I walk it fires up big time.
Treefarmer I know you've suffered with this and I'm guessing some of the rest of you guys may have as well. I'd welcome any advice on how to relieve this condition. I've got things to do.
Phil,

I found a web page that has several sciatica relieving exercises. Obviously, no guarantee they'd work for you, but hey, they're free. :mrgreen:

http://home.remedydaily.com/2017/04/19/ ... 9590&t=syn
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

The coffee leaves something to be desired but it's hot.
If they didn't get the buffer working yesterday I'm not sure what going to work this morning is good for.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Sorry to hear about your pain Phil. Hate it.......

Coffee's on, so's the grills....c'mon in.

Got a couple estate sales to go to.....we'll see if I make it to the 2nd one as I have limited funds.
SCOTT

Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' JPDave and Scott. Mornin' to the rest of the group.
Temp is in the low 40s here and headed for the mid-60s later in the day. It turned out to be something of a busy day yesterday but I'll get over it. Not much planned for today.
Hope you all have a good day today. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Headed back to the hospital shortly. Wife was sick as a dog tues. night.
Took her to the dr yesterday morning, ran tests and sent her to the er for fluids.
Potassium out of wack so they kept her overnight.
Made for a very long day . . . . ::tired::
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Chris, I hope the Mrs. will be feeling better quickly. I'll say a prayer for her.

ZZ thanks for the exercise link. I'll try some of those and see if it helps. I visited a chiropractor yesterday. The only difference I experienced was my wallet being a bit lighter when I left.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Boys.
39 this am, not too bad.
Chris, I hope Miss Kris will be ready to go to the house today. Tell her we are praying for her.
Phil, I tried several ways to over the sciatica issue, including the chiropractor and special exercises and the only real relief came from an epidural suggested by a back surgeon. I know everyone's body's are different so keep searching for relief.
The rest of y'all need to behave today, gettin' too close to Christmas to get in a bind. :roll:
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning guys. It's about 10 degrees but I think the snow has stopped for a while. I picked up some more work for a few days which is good because there's a gun/knife show this weekend and my knife club meeting. I probably won't get to both because they are in different directions from my home. The work today is all inside. Coffee's perking, gotta run. Have a great Thursday. ___Dave
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Good Morning to all. 31 and hazy. Both UPS and Fed Ex are admitting that they are falling considerably behind in their deliveries. If I am going to send anything anywhere for Christmas I guess I'll have to get in gear and get it done ASAP.
Lots of organizing needs to get done today. I'll know how efficient I am by the end of the day. Stay safe at home and abroad.
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

Phil, one thing about chiropractic treatments... how quickly you experience relief varies by injury.

If the problem is a simple misalignment then relief is quick. Other problems take multiple sessions and relief is gradual. Some injuries, chiro care is useless, and good, honest D.C. will tell you.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning fellers, hope all that are feeling poorly get some relief, got to go by the funeral home, golfing buddies brother passed. Seems like I'm spending a lot of time at funeral homes of late. Need to go to Sam's club pick up a few items, spend 2 or 3 hundred bucks probably. Oh well l got my nap out and the java is hot and strong just like I like it . Hope yawl have a great day and be good to your friends and neighbors and be safe out there. ::handshake::
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Coffee is a little better today.
I was told yesterday I don't need to come in Saturday because the company that does the floor is doing it tonight. In about 30 minutes it's off to work I go for the last time until Monday.
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Well, the wife was considerably better yesterday. The Dr decided to keep her another night,
but no one bothered to tell us until nearly 5:00 ::disgust::
Supposed to run another blood work test this a.m.

Fortunately, I guess, our son is out of school, so he gets a shift with the Momma
so I can get back to work tonight . . . .

Thanks for the prayers and thoughts.
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Glad to hear that Chris!!! ::tu::

Couple estate sales to hit, then maybe the pawn shop.....
SCOTT

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”