First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Thanks for the joe, Scott. Good luck with the sale today . . .

Another Hump-Day another dollar, supposedly.
::tired::
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Got through Tuesday ok. Got a pretty good mug this morning.
What knife I'm going to to carry is easy.
Harder is what watch to wear.
Looking for the magic penny!
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning men! Goin to grab a quick cup and head off to work. Hope you'uns have a blessed day and keep your powder dry!
David
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin'!
Bunch of early birds today. ::tu:: Hump day, as DM11 said, right after dinner the week gets shorter. :)
Big day for us old folks, making up Taco Salad for the church Family night supper. We have to brown and season about 20 pounds ground beef this morning and late this afternoon I get to help Miss Joy cut up tomatoes and onions in a fancy way, always fun!
Looks like today will be sunny and probably hot.
Y'all have a great day!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning fellers, been awake since 5 a.m. couldn't get back to sleep so got up, may be in need of a nap in a bit. Yestiddy I was working on my yard to get my grass seed and straw down and here came a gully washer, guess it's to wet to do that today, may get some grass cut late this afternoon. Yawl have a great day and be good to your friends and neighbors and be safe. ::handshake::
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning guys. Another beautiful day in store. Have a great Wednesday. ____Dave
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

WE got this tree down today. Almost three feet across the stump and leaning over the garage, septic controls and clothes line poles. We missed them all. Most of it came down in pieces cut from the extension ladder with only three or four scary parts. I need to change my company logo, anything for a buck construction company. The picture is taken after we got the first big section down.____Dave
Attachments
Oz's tree 001.JPG
Oz's tree 002.JPG
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Another day. More bleary eyes. Good coffee. Later y'all.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Good morning, another nice spring day. A bit on the warm side, NWS says 20 % cnace of thunderstorms today. Kepp your powder dry and happy trails!
David
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Morning gents. Got to take my daughter to the Amtrak station in Rocky Mount this morning so she can head back north to DC. Going make a few sales calls in RM and maybe go fish the farm pond for LMB this evening (we'll see what the weather does later on). Have a good one. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' to all you early birds and mornin' to the rest of the group. The bride's bridge game got cancelled so that means I'll get to buy lunch for two today. Not much else on the agenda other than the usual post office trip.
Hope you all have a knice day. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. We have a steady rumble of thunder rolling through and a much needed nice light rain coming down. I have outside work I need to get done, but resting a little before would be nice too while I wait for the rain to stop. The tree we cut down yesterday is busy reminding my muscles how old they are. I ran into the store I buy hardware stuff yesterday and they had some of the breed of chicks that I like so I picked up a few more pullets, which are in a box in the dining room. Jane's sister and family are coming to stay over the weekend, and Jane isn't too pleased with my addition to the dining room decor. I suppose I better make room in my office for the chicks. Have a great Thursday. ____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Boys.
Dave, that tree trimming and cutting can get might interesting right quick! ::woot::
Foggy this morning with a temperature of 70 degrees. Had a humdinger of a heavy rain for just a short time yesterday afternoon. The weather folks are still predicting something coming up out of the Gulf for this weekend, what ever...
Need to do some mowing in the yard and some cultivating in the garden.
Coffee's ready, just waitin' for my bride to get up and enjoy it with me.
Y'all have a great Thursday.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Good job on that tree Dave!!!

Mornin' fellas! Waiting for the mail truck today ::ds::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning fellers, fine nights sleep, fine cuppa joe, all is right with the world. Got over half the mowing done yestiddy, another couple hours should do it. Still got to rake, sow and straw the area where the new drain was put in.Yawl have a great day and be good to your friends and neighbors and be safe. ::handshake::
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

I have never been afraid of heights, but as I have gotten older I have definitely started to avoid any kind of aerial work. When I was a kid, I would scramble up trees, ladders, across roofs, etc. Now, I really don't like having less than a solid footing under me. I remember one time when I was a teenager, I was up on a really tall tripod ladder (we called them "orchard ladders") that was probably 12 or 15 feet tall. I had a small chainsaw and I was lopping off branches on a big walnut tree. I leaned out just a little too far and the ladder started to fall. I had the presence of mind to fling the chainsaw the opposite direction as I jumped into some (thankfully) freshly plowed dirt. I didn't get hurt, but it scared the heck out of me! The chainsaw hit some unplowed dirt and it bent the chainsaw blade pretty bad and cracked the plastic casing. I always figured that could have been my leg and my head!
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Suitcase, I understand exactly what you're saying. When I wore a younger man's clothes, heights (within reason) didn't bother me at all. When I was in my 20's I was into CB Radios hot and heavy and I was one of the guys that was called on when there was tower work to do. I shinnied up an 80' un-guyed tower to retrieve the gin pole that had been left up there. No worries mate. Over the past 15 years, my fear (caution ?) of heights has grown exponentially as my balance has left me. My sphincter tightens at the thought of getting up on a roof.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Got a pretty good mug with which to try and become human.
Happy Friday y'all.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' Dave and mornin' to the rest of the crew. I am just fixin to get my 1st cup and after waking up this early, I'll need a good, long nap later this morning.
I'll plug the coffee pot in and fire up the grill.
Hope you all have a knife day. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning fellas. Coffees good. Off to work ina bit. More chances of thunderstorms today. Only short little showers yesterday, We'll take all the rain we can this time of the year. Keep your powder dry and happy trails!
David
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Good morning all. I'm up early because it's graduation day for this girl, my granddaughter Abbi. Yep, she's about to graduate kindergarten. 8)
Attachments
Abbi .jpg
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Mornin' David.....other late-comers!

Got 4 estate sales on the ticket today! ::tu:: 8)
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning fellers, got the grass cut yestiddy, driveways graded, leveled up and scaped some rocks out of the field on the back side of the farm. Still need to sow the grass seed and scatter some straw. Buddies day at Hooters so will have to take time out for that :mrgreen: I mean heck you can't let yard work get in the way of that. Oh well l need to get up and get another cuppa joe.Yawl have a great day and be good to your friends and neighbors and be safe. ::tu:: ::handshake::
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

bighomer wrote:,,,,,,,,,,,Buddies day at Hooters so will have to take time out for that :mrgreen: I mean heck you can't let yard work get in the way of that. ,,,,,,,,,, ::tu:: ::handshake::
That would be the ultimate confusion of priorities. :lol: :shock:

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning guys. Congratulations Abbi. Study hard and you will be a smart knife collector some day. We are in a long rain stretch with a deck on one job and two large repaired windows on another job to paint. The deck is all pressure washed and treated and ready for paint/stain. Next week is suppose to be a wash (literally) for weather. We just finished several weeks of dry. Oh well, my grass is growing and I have nearly all my leaves picked up so I guess things are getting where they need to be and the rest will get done when it gets done. Have a great memorial day weekend. ____Dave

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”