First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Men.
Appears the big rain totally fizzled out, spotty summertime showers are now in the forecast. ::shrug:: Fixin' to have a hot cup in just a minute and officially start the day.
Hope everyone has a productive day!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning fellers, finally got to the table, not much on the agenda today, buddies day at Hooters, need to make a wally world run as I need some necessities. Yawl have a great day and be good to your friends and neighbors and be safe. ::handshake::
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

I did get a reply from Quintus - he's fine! ::tu::

We're headed up to Morro Bay (about 2.5 hours North) to spend the weekend with my wife's sister & her husband and her cousin & his husband at a beach house. My goal for the weekend is not to say anything that makes my wife mad. My BIL is in sales, so spending time with him is somewhat challenging. It is a never ending series of stupid questions about things he hasn't got a clue about. The cousin's husband is an OK guy, but we have absolutely zero in common. They are "show biz people" - they both do singing gigs and act in local theater. That's about as far from me as you can get!
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Afternoon gents. 5 hours and a few minutes today. 25.52 for the week.
The professional floor people are coming tonight so I have off until Monday unless I want to show up at 7am to clean bathrooms and such. But we are going up to uncle's place in the morning to get a drum and a 5 gallon pail of soap. Uncle passed on. The house is sold. His young bride is going up to Idaho with the daughter and her husband.

That's all I got right now.
Looking for the magic penny!
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Howdy men, the dinner is open come on in for a cup of coffee and a bite to eat. I'm glad theres only one more day of work this week. I've had quite enough of the bravo sierra that goes on. Hope you all have a good day and happy trails.
David
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning David and all the non-Davids that follow, and JP David too. No more work days for me this week. I'm off with another Dave to the North Star Blade Collectors meeting. Have a great Saturday. ____Dave
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' guys. Not a lot to do today. DJDave, hope you have a big time at the meeting today and I'll look forward to a report on your new 'stuff'.
Hope you all have a knice day. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

Morning all. Up early (for me) this morning. In Huntsville Tx this a.m. for the Texas Knife and Tomahawk State Championship throw. Today and tomorrow at the Sam Houston Festival.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning fellers, the bunn is dunn,fresh, hot and strong ain't nothing like it. We got all Tree Farmers rain moved up from the SE to the NW got about 3 inch last couple of days. Trash day, may visit the little flea market if it ain't rained out, nothing much planned after that. Always plenty of yard work to be done, if it ain't to wet. Yawl have a great day and be good to your friends and neighbors and be safe ::handshake::
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Obviously I didn't choose to go in at 7am to do bathrooms and such.
Got a pretty good mug. Got some pennies to mess with and some knives to fondle.
It's all good.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Felles.
Boy did I over sleep! Miss Joy has the coffee made, all I have to do is say howdy to y'all and go get a cup!
By the way, we finally got a good rain yesterday afternoon, a good shower for almost an hour, then hit and miss till around 5PM. It put 1 inch in the gauge!
Have a good one!
Treefarmer

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

treefarmer wrote:Good Mornin', Felles.
Boy did I over sleep! Miss Joy has the coffee made, all I have to do is say howdy to y'all and go get a cup!
By the way, we finally got a good rain yesterday afternoon, a good shower for almost an hour, then hit and miss till around 5PM. It put 1 inch in the gauge!
Have a good one!
Treefarmer
Philip, you should have been in Cincinnati. It rained on the Cubs - Reds game right up until the 9th inning, almost midnight their time.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Well, the BIL was not too bad last night. My wife's cousin couldn't make it, so it was just the 4 of us. Two bottles of wine made things considerably more tolerable. Of course, he doesn't drink, so that was 2 bottles for 3 people...

I'm not sure what the plan is for today - I'm just along for the ride.
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Another successful day at the knife club with these beauties. And then I came home to this package from Scott. I bought the coke from him and he threw in the rest. All in all I think I had a pretty good day after what seemed like a pretty crappy week. Thanks Scott.____Dave
Attachments
gazebo and NSBC knives May 2018 003.JPG
gazebo and NSBC knives May 2018 004.JPG
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Dave,that Henry Sears lockback whittler looks like a fine knife.
Roger
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

You're welcome Dave (I tossed in the rest because I'm a good guy......oh, and Dave tossed in $10.00 MORE than I expected ;-) )

Mornin' fellas!

Got the drill warmin' up and the pots' crankin' out some hot, fresh, strong coffee!

Rain or shine mission scheduled today!

Oh.....and I just created a summer camp, which I am charging for - Poppy's Outdoor Skills Camp!! 3 hrs per day for one week. Meant to develop upper strength and coordination!!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Scott I'll be looking forward to some photos from your training camp.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Scott, I wish I was a kid again. I'm losing the upper body strength and coordination. I can feel it leave as I sit here and age. It's a cool 32 degrees to start what looks to be a nice day. This is the last day of regular Sunday School before church and it's been a fun interesting class. Have a great Sunday. ____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Fellers.
I believe the thermometer is reading 70 this morning, we hit 90 yesterday, summer is here. We don't wait until June 21st. :roll: Hot coffee is good in the summer and the winter!
Miss Joy and I have been hackin' and coughin' like crazy the last few dayswith our eyes watering. ::shrug:: Found out some other folks in the community have had the same symptoms, some kind of a bug, I suppose. At first we thought it was from working in the dry dust, mowing and gardening. This too will pass.
Church this morning in a few hours, hope to see y'all there!
Dave that coke bottle is a great looking knife, who made it?
Y'all have a wonderful Sunday!
Treefarmer

TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

djknife13 wrote:Good morning. Scott, I wish I was a kid again. I'm losing the upper body strength and coordination. I can feel it leave as I sit here and age. It's a cool 32 degrees to start what looks to be a nice day. This is the last day of regular Sunday School before church and it's been a fun interesting class. Have a great Sunday. ____Dave

Awe man.....sorry to hear that Dave.
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Scott, that's just part of getting old, Something most men in my family don't get to do so I'll take it. I just can't set house trusses by myself anymore. If I had more upper body strength at my age, I'd get myself in all kinds of trouble doing things I should have the sense to not try. Phil, the coke doesn't have any markings on it and doesn't appear to ever had. I have no idea where it was made but it has the look of a no-frills working knife, except for the neat shape to it's frame and it's going to work with me tomorrow. ____Dave
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' guys. It is an 'early crowd' this mornin'. No kiddin' about the strength and coordination leaving the ol' body.
Not much on the agenda for today. We have our 1st Sunday where there is only one service and I am not a big fan of that arrangement but being the team player that I am, I'll go along. :lol:
Hope you all have a good day. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Wore myself slap out yesterday. We loaded a pretty big trailer with drums, mixing tank, pressure washers and assorted other stuff. My cousin had to empty that trailer and come back and load a building. A better man than I fer sure. This morning I have a pretty good mug.
No big plans for the day.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning fellers, kinda late to the table, went to graduation last night, ate late and didn't get to sleep on time. I hear yawl on the upper body strength and lower too, I've got wrinkles on my wrinkles. Oh well still on the green side and that's a plus. Yawl have a great day and be good to your friends and neighbors. ::handshake::
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning fellas, Getting around late this morning. Hope there's some coffee left I sure need some. Work wore me out more than usual last week. I may not be quite an old codger yet but i'm far from a spring chicken. Sure cant do and go like I use to. Had a nice little thunder storm again last night. We are getting some badly needed rain. One of my old friends pastures were about out of grass all ready. He was thinking he might have to sell some of his cows if we didnt start getting some rain pretty quick. My brothers pond that was about dry is now full so thats a good thing. Going to take it easy today. Hope yawl have a great day and happy trails buckaroos!
David

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”