First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
bighomer

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡41 heading to around 70.
Critters fed.
Boss has a laser treatment on he eye this morning, 😨 ::woot:: I don't even like to think about people messing with my eyes.
Hope yawl have a good'un and be safe out there. ::handshake::
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

I forgot to tell you when I was here earlier that I won two guns on the local computer last night but I think I overpaid. I got a 22 cal. 9 shot slab side H&R with a 6 inch barrel in a holster, and a Marlin 30-30 with a nice scope, both in nice condition, for a little over $1000. Gun prices are way up. Lumber prices are way up so the wood stock and handle must be the problem. Coffee's good this morning. I'll have to make it more often. Have a great Monday.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Good morning crew. Have a fine cup of coffee to get started on 38-73 sunshine. Probably run some errands later. Untill then taking it easy. Happy trails!
David
PigStikr

Post by PigStikr »

Perked me off a good pot today it's like makin a pot a chilli always good but never the same twice...might get a little rain up here water in this creek is moving slow but the lake water is up on my lake...got to near 60 degree on Sunday had tomatoe starts on my porch getting sun...gonna go up and cut some Poplar poles this morning for deer fence...
Never Doubt Your Dawg
Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 »

49 degrees headed to near 70 with clear sunny skies. DJ you will have to post pictures of your new winnings once they arrive. Knife hunting was a bust this weekend, even the flea market did not have anything worth buying. Not a lot planned today other than wait for our HVAC maintenance man to arrive to do his spring service. You veterans can relate "to hurry up, and wait." Tree Farmer keep the spirits up and stay in touch on the forum to let us know about the progress you are making. You are in our thoughts . Everyone stay safe and healthy.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

After 65 degrees yesterday woke up to 26. No snow but certainly cold enough with NW wind makes it feel like 13!
Might make it to 40 but that is doubtful. Stopped at huge Fleet Farm store on my way home yesterday, got some good bargains but
man was it a crazy mixed up mess. Clearance items all mixed in with similar regular priced stuff. Are all of their stores like that?
Was my first time in one.
Need to finish unpacking and figure out what to eat for the next couple of day.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning everyone,Coffee is a requirement today for this guy! Slow going today,don’t know why,but just can’t get motivated. Might have something to do with the white things floating around in the air this morning. Going to need long Johns today, maybe Carharts as well
Boji,we have a newer Fleet Farm here and they’re well organized and great to shop in . Don’t know about Clearance tables ,Wife checks those out .
It’s a great place for oil,filters and some tools, better than Wal mart.
Time get get rolling ,fill the thermos and throw a Sandwich in the lunchbox.
You all stay warm and and safe out there ::tu::
JP
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Good morning everyone. A Sunny 49 right now on my hill. Critters fed, birds are singing up a storm, and I just got in from my walk and ready for some Coffee. Humidity still way low for down here in the south, and Ye Old Weather Guesser is saying we going to have another cool front coming in Wednesday. Wednesday night they predicting it dropping back down in the mid 30's here. Well.....Mama Nature gonna do what she do.

Congrats Dave on your firearms win. You are right, prices are up on wood, firearms, and a lot of other things. Groceries especially. Besides all of the excuses you hear on the news, most of the prices have risen because many places have found they can raise prices and blame it on Covid.

Anyway, time for another cup. You guys have a great day.
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Boys.
It was kinda' cool here this morning, 54 around 5:30. Moved from the bed room to the recliner and just heard the announcement "Your coffee is ready". Seems crazy to be able to sleep so much. Cutting down on the prescribed pain meds and using over the counter Tylenol with some success. Have another dr. appointment tomorrow after noon at 3:15, hope they don't rush me over to pre-op again!
Layin' low, reading a bit and watching our nation going down the tubes. ::shrug::
Y'all keep it out of the ditch and have a wonderful Monday!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
thankgod4rkids

Post by thankgod4rkids »

Morning all. Snow missed me too. Went south of us. Back to hauling $h!t. Current pace I could be done in April. Maybe can actually fish in May this year. Have a great day everyone!
Bill
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Afternoon folks.
We went and got our new glasses.
Even though my main glasses have Transition Lenses I'm glad I also got sunglasses.
Coffee was good.
We also went down to the end of a long road to look at a Ford Windstar.
The mechanical parts seemed okay. But the body around it was dented and scraped and had rust.
Also as a V-6 it wouldn't have the economy we're looking for so the search goes on.
Looking for the magic penny!
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Mornin crew, seems the weather has changed for the worse. 36-47 chance of rain or snow. Uck! Coffee is on best get a cup and go to work. Keep yur powder dry!
David
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning David , thanks for opening up the joint. Coffee is great this morning ,espically so it seems when cold out. It’s 27 whooping degrees,Sun is just stating to cast rays of light .
Heading out in a bit to finish framing up addition ,should be shingling tomorrow. Then doors and windows can go in and button this thing up from the weather .
Philip, you’re making progress my friend, hang in there ::tu::
Wish everyone a great day , keep the wind at your back and eyes on the horizon.
JP
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' guys and Ann. I have Men's Devotional Breakfast this morning so I'm already scrubbed up and ready to roll.
I'll grab a go-cup and take off.
Hope you all have a knife day. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning to you all. Ripster, you are a little colder than we are this morning. We are sitting at 32 degrees and won't go up much from there. My day is looking much like your's at work too. We'll be cutting out and installing rafters hopefully sometime today with a bunch of tearing out old stuff first for a kitchen addition. I shot my new old 22 pistol yesterday and love it. I posted a picture in the gun thread of the two guns I bought without actually seeing them from pictures on line. Yesterday I spent some of the day helping Jane get the house ready for her sister;s arrival tomorrow. They are loading up a crew to head down to see the Arc display. I'm staying home to hold down the fort with the dogs and chickens. That's about all that's happening in my world. Have a great Tuesday.____Dave
thankgod4rkids

Post by thankgod4rkids »

Morning all. 23 degrees but sunny. Dragging my feet having an extra cup of coffee. Need to grease my wagon and get hauling but am sick of the cold. Have a great day everyone.
Bill
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Got in from work yesterday morning and went to work on the old riding mower.
Changed the oil, all the filters, sparkplugs, deck belt and new blades.
Then went and cut the rest of the hay I didn't do last week.

So ... maybe today I'll rig up a couple of rods and go harass some wildlife this afternoon.
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folk, 🌡rather chilly 40 heading to the mid 70's sez that sweet Nikki Dee, ugly forecast coming up.
Critters are all fed.
Birds are raising their broods and making a lot of racket. Hummers are fussing and fighting over the food.
Nothing much on the agenda 😴 may pull a few weeds and work around the yard.
Farmer take care bud 🙏.
Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 »

Good Morning Everyone,
44 degrees this morning with bright sun, headed to 70 late this afternoon before a cold front moves through early tonight with snow forecast. Isn't life great living in Kentucky in the spring? My old body is complaining this morning due to moving a 4 by 6 ft. bookshelf without help from a neighbor's house to my basement. My mind still believes the body is 25 years old, but the body knows better and punishes me the day after. Tree Farmer good to hear from you...We hope you doctor's visit at 3 pm today goes well. We are thinking of you. Stay safe and healthy everyone.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Coffee was good.
Work was work.
They will take last weeks box tomorrow.
So I got a new one to start.
My Grandpaw told me about lines like take the line or leave it etc.
Back in the day I built a desk that is currently my airplane table.
Now off to do 5 or maybe 10 rolls.
Looking for the magic penny!
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

You know what day it is .... line up those camels !

Pot is singing its song, and FCD comes to life for another humper.
Hope your's is a grand one.
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning Chris and crew, camel has had coffee and is raring to go. Later
David
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Up and down like a yoyo. See y'all later at a more decent hour.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

I'm up. I'm too old to do that twice in one morning. It appears that the cool weather pattern that our weather people keep saying is going away, isn't. Another cloudy cool windy day is in store. Maybe tomorrow will be better. We got our rafters partly done yesterday. It would go a lot faster if some part of this cabin/house was straight or level or square. this still beats me getting a real job. I'd rather build than go fishing or sit in a rocking chair all day and drool like some people my age. Have a great Wednesday. ____Dave
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡35 chilly deg this morning may hit the low 50's this afternoon sez Nikki Dee. A little dusting of ❄ overnight not much left this morning.
20210421_060448.jpg
20210421_055819.jpg
Critters are all fed, outside ones that is, the boss is getting her beauty rest.
Well think I'll get breakfast started, I got a dental app this morning.
Farmer hope things are going good. 👍 🙏

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”