First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by DM11 »

Morning getting around kind of late this morning. Coffee sure is helping. Had some rain last night. Its still overcast this morning with an occasional roll of thunder. NWS says chance of heavy rain all day and tonight. Have a meet up with some friends this afternoon. Should be interesting. With all the choas going on in this country and the world. We havent meet for a few months. Happy trails!
David
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good morning everyone
It’s cool and overcast. We have a word here, ‘Juneuary’. For some reason May is usually quite warm and then we get a stretch of June that feels like winter.
I got a lot of playing in yesterday. I kind of lost track but I think it was around eight songs which is a double set. :mrgreen: I’m not complaining!
I’m supposed to see the kids again today but I guess what we are doing is kind of undecided. I usually drag them off to a swapmeet. It may rain, so I’m thinking the Red Barn might be the best bet.
Have a good and safe day everyone!
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Good Morning. Cloudy with temp rising to 85°. Slept unusually long last night which means I have to move along quickly this morning. Take care; stay safe.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

I'll put the coffee on.....good Lord knows I need it!

Got 7 signed up for Poppy's Brains & Bushcraft Camp today!! Lots of newbies to teach the ways of the wild too!!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning Scott and all who follow. Have a great time with your camp today. It's been raining pretty much non-stop here for going on two days and it's really coming down now. We have three buildings to paint/stain but that isn't happening anytime soon. We have an inside job painting I guess will get done ahead of the ones scheduled. Our living room is full of teenage grand-daughters and my sister-in-law is leaving this morning so things might get back to normal some time today. Have a great week. ___Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Scott and Dave.
Slept in a bit this morning. I hear the grass calling my name, the blades on the mower need changing, the raised beds need watering and I need my first cup of coffee. Half way watched St. Louis and Los Angles last night till the last inning and then it got interesting! :)
Y'all have a wonderful day, don't let the bear get you.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin'. It is a cool 67º here this morning and we have already had a shower this morning. I expect it'll get into the 90s by the time it is all over and done. I have a post office run to make and not much else on the agenda for the day.
Hope your day is a good one. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Good Morning. Overcast, bit of a breeze, probably get some rain later. Should wash windows today but that will certainly not include the outsides till we get past this rainy stretch. Coffee is good, just needs to be warmed up. Take care.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning knifers, rain, rain and more rain getting a little tired of it , but the good Lord knows best. Got to make a grocery run, gas for the lawn mowers and get my truck filled up. If it dries up the grass will need cutting by tomorrow. Hope yawl have a good'un. ::handshake::
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Good morning! Reporting in late. Been up awhile have had some good coffee. Its 70 at the moment and Bright sunshine with nary a cloud in sight. ::ds:: Have a few domestic things to do today if I get around to it. Happy trails!
David
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good morning everyone
It’s darn cold and threatening to raid. I think it’s about 60F which is not summer weather here!
I didn’t get a single knife this weekend. No opportunity. I’ll make up for it, I’m sure. It was good, though. Went second handing with the kid and then lunch with everyone.
Back to work!
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Good morning, got the coffee down. Nothing much going on around here. Except going to the farmers market after work. Happy trails
David
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' David and mornin' to the rest of the group. Our temps stayed down yesterday because of the all day showers we had. Sure was nice. It is 69º now.
I have Men's Devotional breakfast this morning and a post office run to make. Other than that, not much on the agenda.
Hope your day is good. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Mornin' fellas.

Back to the park today.....it's hot out.
SCOTT

treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin'.
Foggy and 79 degrees to start the morning. Didn't get to the mowing yesterday, maybe today. Had another thunderstorm yesterday, almost constant rumbling for a half and hour or so with only 1/10th of an inch in the gauge.
Lets go have a cup and see how retirement treats us today. :)
Treefarmer

djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Our dry cool spell apparently is over and the three painting/staining jobs we have are on hold. At least we have plenty of non painting jobs, but that doesn't help the ones who's jobs can't be done feel like they aren't being ignored. We might have picked up another garage to build so the summer is really filling up with work. It's beautiful outside right now. There is a big gun show this weekend at the convention center in Duluth Mn. so lets get this week moving. Have a great Tuesday.____Dave
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Good morning everyone!! My wife's heart doctor called yesterday and wants her back in the office, didn't like something he saw on her stress test. So that's where we are going this morning. This afternoon I will be doing some more organizing with my knife cabinet. Temp will be in the low 90's with the humidity in the mid 50's and up. Be safe everyone and have a blessed day.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning knifers, David hope everything is ok with you wife. Well I got the critters fed including sweet thang and myself, the dishes washed, dried and put away, now to relax a minute or two and sip some hot joe and catch up with you fine knifers before I get the mower out. It's gonna be a hot one but I need to getter done. Hope yawl have a good'un ::handshake::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Good Morning. Currently 72° going tp 82° and its sunny. A few windows left to finish. Using vinegar water and old newspapers which work much better than paper towels or rags. UPS has apparently lost a package I sent to relatives. I'll have to see what, if anything, I can do about that. Take care.
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good morning everyone
David, I hope your wife will be ok.
It’s a nice day, finally. I’m outside having work lunch.
I’m trying to lose a bit of weight, so yesterday I made a big pot of vegetable soup. You name it, it’s in it! Turned out pretty good.
Now I’m hungry again!
Got to get at it -
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Hi, working on the first cup and a bite to eat before work. June is almost gone. Chance of rain and flood warnings. High of 90 today. Found some good mators and cucumber at the farmers market yesterday after work. Happy trails!
David
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' David and mornin' to the rest of the group. It is 70º here this morning and the weather guys say it will only get into the 80s. I am betting it will make it into the 90s by the time all is said and done this evening. I have to make a post office run this morning and no much else on the day's agenda.
Hope you all have a knife day. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Mornin' David, Ray!

Was 96 yesterday....it's down-right brutal.....hate it!

More Camp today. ::tu::
SCOTT

treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Fellers.
Apparently summer is here. Hey it's only just a few months until Fall. ::poke:: Got most of the mowing done yesterday, had another thunderstorm right at dark, very little rain again. Got a few errands to run in town this morning, hope it's a calm day.
Y'all have a good hump day!
Treefarmer

bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning knifers, I got the grass cut yestiddy. Yearly checkup with the urologist this morning, then on to the VA to see the wife's brother. Hope yawl have a good'un. ::handshake::

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”