First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by jerryd6818 »

Thanks for that list Ricky. While perusing eBay listing on "tiny Case knives" I also saw some tiny Muskrats listed. I think if I were to start collecting the Case tiny knives I'd have to include the Baby Docs (2 & 7/8" Closed).

Tiny Toothpick -- 3" closed
Tiny Canoe/Baby Butterbean -- 2¾"
Tiny Trapper -- 2-3/8" closed
Tiny Folding Hunter -- 3" closed
Tiny Muskrat -- 2¾" closed
Small Stockman -- 2-5/8" closed
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Bamarick

Post by Bamarick »

Hi Jerry,
I just missed the Tiny Muskrat. I have several of them. The small Stockman fits into this category as well. Thanks for the info. Have a good one.
Ricky
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

A good Wednesday morning to you gents - coffee up! OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' OH and mornin' to the rest of the guys.
Got my 1st cup poured or dripped or whatever. It sure tastes good. Looking forward to some Louie Mueller BBQ today.
Hope your day is good. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

I'm in! Mornin' fellas.

Lunch with my cousin today....call Mom today.
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
montemojo

Post by montemojo »

Good morning everybody, will be working on a deck today. Been doing pretty good finding work this week and last. My so called regular job punch list work on manufactured homes is depressing and not profitable. So I am going to try to get a job building chain link fence.. not much in wages but hopefully 40 hrs a week. Yall wish me luck. The punch list job is averaging 60 to 80 hrs a month. Those guys have the worst work etiquette .

Have a great day Monte
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. The garage is sheetrocked. Now paint (they didn't want it taped), a workbench, some shelves and maybe some wainscoat the owner wanted made from the old woodshed they tore down to build the garage and I move on to the next job. This spring and summer has filled up quickly. The only rest I seem to get anymore is when I sit and talk to you guys. Coffee's great. Have a really good Wednesday. ___Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Hey Fellers!
Got to make another boat payment for one of the doctors in Panama City today.
Seems like this retirement gig has turned into regular job just goin' back and forth to the doctor.
Monte, you and DJDave mentioning work got me to reminiscin', about when when I retired in '09, I had been selling sick leave back to the school district for several years. I did this anticipating, not being sick or injured off the job. Their policy was to pay only at 80% of your current salary for days accumulated that particular year. We could accumulate and be paid up to one years salary for our unused sick leave at retirement at 100%. Needles to say, I didn't use very many days over the 35 years, collected my years "sick Pay" when I retired. ::ds:: But now doctor visits are a regular part of schedule ::shrug:: . Must be "pay back". ::hmm:: Had I gone to the doctor years ago, when I had injuries and had them cared for, instead of just toughin' it out, I probably wouldn't have to have this artificial left knee and right hip joint and be anticipating both shoulders being replaced when the "shots" quit being effective after a month. ::uc::
Coffee's about to be ready, Hope y'all have a wonderful "hump day". ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

A job I had completely forgot about sent me an email yesterday. Said they filled the job. Applied to a big company last evening. As usual I cannot blink two eyes clear this morning. The coffee ain't too bad. Got another idea for a knife picture today...
Looking for the magic penny!
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning fellers ,Treefarmer I hear you seems like me and sweet thang keep the road hot going to the docs. I've got to go to the skin dr. today. Two to one he finds something thats needs to be removed ,I call him happy knife. Oh well the java is hot, good and plentiful pour me another cup. Yawl have a great day and be good to your neighbors and be safe out there..
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Good Morning to all. Going to be a drizzly kind of day. The big trip of the day will be to the grocery store. Keep putting off the barber shop.
Take care and stay safe.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Coffee is on and the cream and sugar are out. I bring my own stevia as a sweetener. Don't use cream myself, but I keep a jar of organic coconut oil beneath the counter. Two teaspoons are great for the brain. Time will tell on that score. Watched an older movie last night, Runaway Train. John Voight gives a powerful performance. Exceptional. Stay safe out there.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' QS and mornin' to the rest of the guys. I have a buyer in my store who wants his knife shipped by FedEx and I have never done that before. I'll give it a try as there is a terminal not too far from the house. I'll have to wait until the traffic calms down a little bit. Not much else on the agenda for the day.
Hope your day is good. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Mornin' fellas.

going to natural dr to have blood work explained and see if I'm really in that bad of shape.....I was refused by a new life insurance company.

Drive it like you stole it!!!!!!!!!!!
SCOTT

Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Awake yet again. Dad and Sister are making the weekly pilgrimage to the VA.
I will probably hit the post office and the bank today.
No offense TF but I drive it like I want it to last.
Looking for the magic penny!
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning fellers, I just try to keep her between the furrows, she has a tendency to get in the alfalfa now and then . That's my driving tip for today. Going to the doc again today pcp this time. I'll have another cuppa joe and then go. Yawl have a great day and be good to your neighbors and be safe out there. ::tu:: ::nod::
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Men.
Big homer, what kinda' boat does your doctor have? ::poke:: I found the new doctor I saw yesterday to be a deer hunter, it always seems to help to have a common ground. There were 2 dogs layin' on the floor in the receptionist's area, a Silver Lab and a Labradoodle, never seen that before in a doctors office. ::tu::
Scott, what's up brother? You ain't old enough to be complainin' about goin' to see the doc. I honestly can say I wish I had taken better care of my self as a younger man as most of my problems can almost be traced back to neglect. Kinda' like not greasin' the wheel bearings on a boat trailer as often as you should, sooner or later one of 'em starts freezin' up and it's just not the bearing and race but sometimes the hub and the whole spindle that has been ruined if you don't catch it in time. ::hmm:: Hope all goes well for you.
Good sleep last evening, gettin' ready for company and a birthday weekend for Miss Joy ::tu:: I don't think she's too enthused, she said "Lets cancel Christmas", a few minutes ago. We are just having trouble gettin' old. ::mdm::
Looks like the cool weather is gone, we hit 89 yesterday here on the farm.
Y'all have a blessed Thursday!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning on this drizzly Thursday. Ribs are still giving me grief but we still got the garage inside all painted so life goes on. Today we are building a 2x12 workbench across the end of the garage and some shelves and racks for garden stuff and re-running a video line that used to go through where the garage is now. On the subject of driving, I made it to gezzerhood.(Spellcheck loves that word). I was passed on the freeway a few years ago on the freeway in my 1994 Lincoln Towncar which (I have since sold) by a school bus. Then the other day I was driving 64 MPH down the freeway (70 is the limit) just because I get better mileage at 64, when I noticed I had my left blinker on for the past 10 miles or so. My wife was in the car and she didn't notice either. I'm sure it is gezzerhood coming on mostly because everyone acted like I was in their way and I didn't care and I wasn't on my stupid cell phone like they were. Have a great Thursday.___Dave
montemojo

Post by montemojo »

Good morning everybody, I might go to a flea mkt in a few. No work today though I was hoping for something to pop up. Oh well, maybe tomorrow. Y'all have a blessed day.

Monte
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Farmer the dr. from yesterday is in to kayaks the one today is into bicycles, and they don't play with the cheap stuff. :mrgreen: ::tu::
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Back to the grind today, and a 4-day weekend to boot .. ::disgust::
Better than some of the alternatives I suppose.

Pot is done singing its song. Lights are on. Griddle is warming up.
FCD is open for another day . ::handshake::
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Morning Royal, morning gents. I've got to conduct a customer training session in a nearby town today - but I get to eat lunch at a great country cooking joint. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
montemojo

Post by montemojo »

Good morning, another day in paradise. Let's see if we can find a lil work today.

Monte
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Gotta like that Bruce!! Enjoy!!

Heading out to a few estate sales in a bit, but first I gotta get the motor running.... with some FCD coffee
SCOTT

djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. It's suppose to be a nice 60 degree day with sun as opposed to yesterday where it snowed pretty much all day. It was just plain nasty. I picked up a dozen chicks to add to the flock in the barn this summer. Last year I let the hens hatch their own and they gave me nearly all roosters. I'm trying to decide if I should travel to the Twin Cities for a gun/knife show with a military show right next door and an antique show a couple blocks away. It's always been a great trio but I've purchased so much the past two months that I really need to stay home and not spend money and get some yard work done. Well, off to work. have a great Friday. ___Dave

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”