First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
bighomer

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by bighomer »

Morning knifers, nothing much going on around here hot, dry and smog, the grass needs cutting in spots, but I don't know if it will get it. Got to get the passengers side mirror replaced in my ole pickup this morning. Hope yawl have a good'un. ::handshake::
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Good morning everyone in the lower 48!! No plans today except we might make a run into town for a few supplies. So I just think I will sit right here and watch the river and look for eagles. The bears are still feeding on berries and haven't come down for fish yet, but the Moose are all around. Everyone be safe and have a blessed day.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Coffee was pretty good this morning.
Work was weird. The store was a madhouse and she told me not to sweep.
Was going to clean the coils atop the ice freezers but she nixed that too.
So only 4 and a bit with 20.40 for 4 days.
Yesterday and last night a good portion of the ceiling in my 'office' fell.
Almost lost the monitor to water
Any wonder why we are moving?
Looking for the magic penny!
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good morning everyone
It’s another cool and cloudy one. I might have to try that buttered coffee. Sounds possible.
Well, guess I have to move. The landlord is going to list the house in March. Mind you, I’ve heard this song before. He just lost a friend and has on a case of “life’s too short for the stress”. I don’t blame him, but I’ve been there ten years and really don’t need to move. We’ll see.
Breaks over!
Have a good and safe day everyone!
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

zoogirl wrote:Good morning everyone
It’s another cool and cloudy one. I might have to try that buttered coffee. Sounds possible.
Well, guess I have to move. The landlord is going to list the house in March. Mind you, I’ve heard this song before. He just lost a friend and has on a case of “life’s too short for the stress”. I don’t blame him, but I’ve been there ten years and really don’t need to move. We’ll see.
Breaks over!
I feel for you :o I hate moving, it is something to be avoided, or kept to a minimum. I was renting a house for 18 years, and so comfortable, then got the "We need the house back". So i feel for you, hope it all works out. You have a good weekend. :)
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

TGIF and all that noise. Another weekend in paradise for me .... :roll:
The new shift assignments have started, so a 'new guy' starts tonight.
Not at all impressed with the guy.

But first ... COFFEE !.!.!
Pot has sang its song, so come 'n get it
::yawn::
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Good Morning Royal and all who follow. Supposed to be cloudy with a high of 85° Today Otis will arrive for a weekend stay. Have to check my supply of dog treats.
Saw a groundhog run under the barn yesterday afternoon. First I've seen in many months. I want to pass on the startling news about the horrendous population decline in bird populations. Best I place it in the ornithology thread.
Take care, stay safe, especially if you will be on the road today.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', QS and Royal.
We are enjoying a cool 67 this morning with a promise of high 80's today. Yesterday it only got to 94 but the humidity was not very high so it was a good outdoor work day. We can finally drive the full length of the clover plot without encountering a leaning or downed pine tree! Makes me feel a bit better for some reason. ::hmm::
Got the pot of coffee making, the lime pickles are soaking, still going to be busy this morning.
There is supposed to be a Robeson/Camillus Muskrat coming this way in a few days, looking forward to seeing it.
Y'all have a good day!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Yesterday I got a call from the cousin of a friend. The friend is in assisted care and his cabin near our home is being sold. He had a bunch of tools that had to go away. Jason and I went over, made a pile and an offer and loaded up a bunch of carpenter and lawn tools. There is a little enclosed trailer I made an offer on and the cousin is checking with my friend to see if he will sell it. He still can drive some and says he wants to keep the trailer just in case he needs it, but he has no place to keep it and the family really doesn't want him driving except maybe to the local grocery store. This is happening to way too many of my friends. One more day of work, depending on the incoming rain, and then it's off to the UP for a couple days work. Did any of our Texas friends get wet with the flooding yesterday? We have had a little too much moisture this summer. Mushrooms are everywhere. This looks like a place Munchkins would call home. Have a great Friday. ____Dave
Attachments
mushrooms 005.JPG
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' guys and Ann. I have all my show stuff loaded up and will take off to the big city of Dripping Springs in a little while. There is a show there this weekend and it is kind of a hit and miss type of show. The last show was a sort of a miss and if this weekend is poor I won't do it again. I have to drive thru Austin in order to get there and I will not miss the drive.
Hope you all have a good day. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning knifers, we are having a little bit of a cool down, low's in the upper 60's and highs in the lower 90's. Still quiet a bit above normal for this time of year. Well it's Hooters buddy day for me, then carry my son south to Franklin Tn. to pick up a car he buying. Then I may cut some of this brown grass, it is scraggly looking and high in some areas and almost non existent in others. Hope yawl have a good'un. ::handshake::
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Good morning everyone in the lower 48!! Our plan today is to drive over to the township of Kenai on the western edge of the peninsula and then drive up the coast until the pavement ends and it turns into a 4-wheel drive dirt road to the top of the peninsula. They say along the beach up there you can pick up some very nice agate stones with all kinds of colors in them. There are also some antler and knife stores along the way, I just hope they haven't closed for the season yet. So many places like that close on September 30th or at least by October 15th. Everyone have a blessed day and be safe.

Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Afternoon peeps.
5 hours and enough to have 26.17 for 5 days.
If buddy Benny is not blowing smoke up my rear he knows of a garage kept he thinks 1980 Honda CB550-4cylinder with nice chrome.
The fellow died and the wife wants it gone. Benny says it's too small for him and if he gets it I can have it.
I couldn't ask for much better! Here's hoping!
Looking for the magic penny!
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good afternoon everyone
I hear East Texas is getting pounded. Stay safe guys!
It’s nice here. Cloud and sun.
I’m going to a party on Sunday, the wife of one of our jammers is turning fifty. Guitars are mandatory. I’m on the hook to play “I’m Yours” by Jason Mraz or I won’t get out alive! ::paranoid::
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Yo crew.
Haven't checked in, in awhile. Harvest is about 25% off for Dad. Had a good run this last week on the Malt/Feed Barley, around 250 combined so far (all barley off). Next is swathing oats down tomorrow (200 acres or so), then start combining canola (around 450 acres). Then back to yard work/mountain biking. Slowly chewing away at learning guitar (when I can fit a few minutes in/have the extra energy). Going to work on learning "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey (one of my favorite songs). Other then that, go put away fresh clothes and shoot phone books with me air rifle.
Hey Ann, you and me have a lot of the same interests (Air Guns, Knives, Music/Guitar, History, Reading and Writing, ect). Good to know there are other people that share ones passions too ::handshake:: .
Other then that, that's all for now folks.
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

WillyCamaro wrote:Yo crew.
Haven't checked in, in awhile. Harvest is about 25% off for Dad. Had a good run this last week on the Malt/Feed Barley, around 250 combined so far (all barley off). Next is swathing oats down tomorrow (200 acres or so), then start combining canola (around 450 acres). Then back to yard work/mountain biking. Slowly chewing away at learning guitar (when I can fit a few minutes in/have the extra energy). Going to work on learning "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey (one of my favorite songs). Other then that, go put away fresh clothes and shoot phone books with me air rifle.
Hey Ann, you and me have a lot of the same interests (Air Guns, Knives, Music/Guitar, History, Reading and Writing, ect). Good to know there are other people that share ones passions too ::handshake:: .
Other then that, that's all for now folks.
WillyCamaro, i would imagine that the people on this forum would share a lot of you interests, i know i do. From my brief time at AAPK, the amount of knowledge and passion for many and varied interests knows no bounds, you have a good weekend mate, but boy does it sound like you are busy. ::tu:: ::handshake::
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Mornin' folks. Coffee's on. ::yawn::

Grandsons football games today.

71 out right now ::ds:: ::ds::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Mornin, 70 headed to 82 with a chance of rain all day. Looks like we made it through another week. Since I dont see a mushroom cloud out the window so guess I'll go a head and go to work. Happy trails!
David
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' guys and gal. It was 101º yesterday, 77º now and likely to be over 100º again today. I am in bad need of a cool front and a good, heavy shower.
I am going to stop by the Deli and pick up some breakfast and lunch, then it is off to the show.
Hope you all have have a knife day. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. My grandson Mason was chosen Homecoming King this week at the school he, his dad, me and my dad all attended. That's a pretty big honor locally and we are pretty proud of him. We are off to Michigan for a few days work, or as I call it "Vacation". When we are done and I'm ready to leave, my brother-in-law asks me how much he owes me. I say nothing, I'm on vacation. Then he shoves a few hundred in my pocket. I'd be happy with nothing. He wouldn't. Neighbors and grandkids are keeping the home fires burning. Hopefully the wet weather we are suppose to have today doesn't follow us out there. I'm bringing a laptop that I can't use here with our old computer hookup so hopefully I can use it there to check in. If not, see you in a few days.____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', folks.
We are enjoying another cool morning as the sun is coming up. It is 67 right now and yesterday we had a pleasant 95 for the high. The 0.3" rain from Wednesday is only a distant memory, it's again still dry as powder. Some of the folks in Texas are sure having a time with the rain. :( The weather page shows four Atlantic disturbances plus Hurricane Jerry at this time. Must be hurricane season. ::hmm::
Never a dull moment here at Starvation Plantation, yesterday we watered flowers and pumpkins, finished making 6 quarts of Lime pickles (and they all sealed), worked on a bushhog mower, mowed in the woods and around one pond with the tractor and then about 11pm somebody mentioned her kitchen sink was draining slowly. :roll:
I'm thankful for another sunrise, y'all have a successful and safe day!
Treefarmer
Edit: Congratulations to your grandson Mason, Dave! Sounds like y'all are going to have a great "vacation" and have enough money to buy gas and maybe an ol' pocket knife or two on the way home!

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Morning all. Mostly sunny, going to 89° today. Otis arrived yesterday, a very well behaved dog and a fine security alarm system. Nothing particular on today's agenda. Might get around to polishing several newer knife arrivals. Hope your day is all you want it to be.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Good morning everyone in the lower 48!! I think we're going to stay around the lodge today and tomorrow except for church, so we can rest up. We have a big day back in Anchorage on Monday before my brother drops us off at the airport. I'm going to hate leaving these 50 degree temps for the 90 and 100's in Texas. There is fresh snow on the mountain tops and icefields around here that is really pretty. Everyone have a blessed day and be safe.

zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good afternoon everyone
Congrats to Mason! Stay safe, everyone in the hurricane zones!
I’m at the mall, just heading out for a second hand crawl. I already hit the MCC and I’m up a pair of leather boots, jeans and a nice fitted plaid shirt for $7 total. I love half price tags and the dollar rack!
Here I go!
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Mornin'. ::yawn::

Coffee's on.

Heading out fishing with the grandson in 45 minutes....pond jumping. It's only 70 out so that's nice, not sure it'll help fishing tho. LOL
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”