First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
bighomer

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by bighomer »

Morning knifers. Relaxing with a fine cuppa joe waiting for it to get hot, broke the all time high temp for Aug. 13th yestiddy may get another today. I too would enjoy a cool front. Probably won't be long till I'll be bellyaching about the cold, but if you can't fuss about the weather what good are ya. ::woot:: gonna try to get the trash and recycle stuff to the satellite dumpsters and check the little flea mkt.out if it ain't to hot. Hope yawl have a good'un.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Good Morning Everyone!! Today we are going into Soldotna, AK for an annual festival they have at the end of the summer season. It will be like a giant flea market. Scott I know you're good at shopping the Florida flea markets, got any advice for me? Everyone have a blessed day and be safe. Today's high is 64 degrees by 5pm.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

For some reason I cannot identify I had a lot of difficulties getting to sleep last night. Don't recall that happening before. My routine is invariable: once in bed I read for about 20 minutes, get drowsy, shut off the light and two minutes later am asleep. No matter what I tried, just couldn't get to sleep till 4 A.M. So this morning I am feeling kind of punchy. I am sure this is interesting information for you. Carry on safely.
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good morning everyone
I got totally sidetracked yesterday!
After the boss’s wife stuffed me to bursting with Indian lunch, the kids nabbed me ant took me to the Knight & Day for the breakfast special. I love all day breakfasts!
Then we mall called and ended up in Walmart. I got a totally punk backpack for weekends. It’s camo with little skulls in it. Ten bucks.
Today is the knife club breakfast and a bbq later.
I’m off!
Have a good and safe day everyone!
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Decent cuppa joe this morning.
Rachel was there and I got clocked in at 5:03.
Ended the week with 32.13.
Gonna do comics and pennies and something about the loosy goosy wing mount on my plane.
Looking for the magic penny!
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Coffee's on folks! I know it's early.

Got a mission scheduled at 0900.....been waaaaaaaaaaaaay to loong. Got some newbies too!!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

All good things must come to a end. Gotta pack up and head for home today.
Has been an adventure, I suppose ... .. ...

Yawl be good !
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' Scott and Chris and the rest of the folks. I have done my run through in the shower and I am ready for meetin'. I have usher duty this month so I need to be there a little early.
Temps are still hot here in Central Texas and I am sure ready for a cool down.
Hope you all have a good day. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Boys.
Ray, it's still warm here in the mornings, right now it's 74 heading for some where up in the 90's I pretty sure. Still no rain in sight, good for some of the farmers and not so good for the rest of 'em. The dug peanuts and the cut hay need the dry weather along with the cotton fields that are beginning to turn white. On the other side the soybeans are still green and growing and could use a drink of water along with pastures of the cattlemen. The ol' preacher used to say, "It's a mighty thin coin that doesn't have two sides."
Scott, hope y'all have a successful "mission" today showing the boys how great the outdoors can be.
Chris, y'all be careful heading back to the camp.
Time for that 1st cup, it sure smells good this morning.
Hope y'all can be in church some where this morning, I know I need to go and get my spiritual battery recharged, it got kinda' low watching FSU shoot their selves in the foot time after time. ::mdm:: Hey, if y'all ever get the chance watch the movie, The Bowden Dynasty, it'll cause one to appreciate the dedication of a real coach.
Y'all have a wonderful day!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. I'm up and off to church in a few hours. It was a perfect day weather-wise yesterday and I spent it cutting a new road across the Northern edge of my property. I had cut down a large half dead birch, and the piece below the wedge was sitting on the ground and looked like a nice knife stand so I went in and got the two stag knives I bought the past couple weeks and posed them for pictures. Mostly I needed a break from making my road. Anyway I'll have to post the pictures in that knife photo thread. I stopped at a rummage sale on the way to town yesterday afternoon and bought this beauty. I just had to buy a knife. It's wired into me. I figured I have to buy it because it has to be worth at least half that amount. I spent an hour last night trying to figure out the maker. The tang stamp was obvious when I figured it out but looked like something totally different before I cleaned the tang with sandpaper, which probably took another dime off it's value. Yes, I'm going to waste a bunch more time on this piece of junk and clean it up and put a new handle on it to bring it's value up to probably double what I paid for it. Have a great Sunday. I'll be busy this afternoon fooling with my new treasure. ____Dave
Attachments
picture art and Imperial 009.JPG
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning knifers, hot and dry for another day. Come on cool front. Nothing going on here but the drinking of a hot cuppa joe. If Dave ever sends some of those cool temperatures my way I need to clear some trees and bushes that fell in my pathway around the farm. My hay man came and bush hogged my farm yestiddy sure looks nice. Hope yawl have a good'un. ::handshake::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Going to 93°. From time to time on this thread I direct my mind to a friendly thought for Mr. Carrier. For me his air-conditioner invention is more important than that of the airplane. Clearly he has made millions of people happier than the invention of the airplane. Just saying.
My sister made one of her infrequent visits home last night. Key Lime pie is a favorite of hers and Kroger makes a good one so she was happy to discover that. She was out the door this morning at 6 A.M. and won't be back for a few days. Maybe Wednesday.
You all have a fine day.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning, got back from the Colordo high country last night. Sure was good to have a hot shower and a bed to sleep in. :D Sunny and 91 down here on the prairie. Stopped at Bents Fort on the way home yesterday. Reckon it is a fascinating piece of history. Happy trails!
David
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Good morning everyone in the lower 48. No big plans today I don't think. We are going to church this morning in Soldotna and will spend the day relaxing back at the lodge. Have a blessed day everyone and be safe.

Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Yesterday not long after posting I went to the house I was to wire and helped to put up a LOT of Sheetrock.
Today a LOT of chillin. Coffee was decent this morning.
My Sister made biscuits and sausage gravy this morning and it was QUITE good.
Trying to decide whether to finish the box pf pennies and have it in the truck tomorrow or just ask her tomorrow and have them Tuesday.
Moving gets closer.
Looking for the magic penny!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Good morning everyone, hope you have all enjoyed your morning coffee, and have had a good weekend. Zoogirl, i was at what you would probably call a country fair on Sunday, they had a bush ballad band, and they were excellent. Posting a couple of pics. Thought you may be interested, as i know your love of music. ::tu::
IMAG0155.jpg
IMAG0154.jpg
IMAG0153.jpg
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good evening everyone
Yup Cudgee, that looks like my idea of fun! ::tu:: Some of the best times have been just setting up outside and having a good time, getting people singing along and enjoying themselves.
I had a great time at our little knife group bbq last night, on top of our monthly meet up in the morning. It was nice to meet everyone’s wives and I confess, I did end up having a lovely time with the ladies. Of course, I also went and had a good drool over the host’s workshop!
Today was a family trip out to the swap where a couple of little sharp and shiny things stuck to me!
Have a good and safe day everyone!
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

cudgee wrote:Good morning everyone, hope you have all enjoyed your morning coffee, and have had a good weekend. Zoogirl, i was at what you would probably call a country fair on Sunday, they had a bush ballad band, and they were excellent. Posting a couple of pics. Thought you may be interested, as i know your love of music. ::tu::
IMAG0155.jpgIMAG0154.jpgIMAG0153.jpg
Can you post some YouTube samples of the kind of music they play?
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

I'm up. Coffee's on.

Had a big time yesterday on a mission. One of the new dad's built an excellent frame structure with branches and vines for a shelter. WICKED!!

Heading out to the flea market in about 30 minutes.

Wish me luck!! ::tu::
Attachments
IMG_37751.jpg
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Good mornin' and good luck, Scott. Good mornin to the rest of the group.
Hope you all have a knice day.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning and good luck Scott. I always check to see what you find. I've been busy sneaking time down in my leather shop working on that little rusty piece of junk I bought for a dollar that I'm hoping will surprise even me. I've easily had my moneys worth playing with it already. Todays weather is suppose to be pretty nice and we have a porch roof to work on. Have a great week and stay safe. ____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Y'all.
Draggin' around, sleepin' late, I act like I must be retired. ::nod:: It's hard to imagine, it's been over 10 years. ::hmm::
Riding in the woods yesterday afternoon we discovered the deer feeder was empty. So I'll be heading for the store sometime this morning. Checking the game camera, we saw our 1st spotted fawn of the season, most of the does still have big bellies in the pictures. I changed cameras a week ago, had plenty of pictures this time but the quality is not nearly as good. ::td:: My "better" camera only took 35 pictures over about 10 days, actually it only took pictures the 1st day and it failed. The lesser grade camera took 1400+ in 7 days but the higher quality isn't there.
Still no rain in sight, still hot, still summer but the weather will get around to changing one of these days. Noticed on one of the weather stations there was snow a few days back somewhere in the Rocky Mountains. That tells me it's coming sooner or later. ::hmm::
Time for that 1st cup, y'all have a wonderful Monday!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning knifers, got a appointment to get the passengers side mirror replaced on my pickup truck. After that we'll see about any other jobs that need doing. Gonna be another day of near record high temperatures, the guessers are saying upper 90's all week. Hope yawl have a good'un. ::handshake::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Goodmorning everyone. Sunny and hot. Couple of knives heading my way but other than that nothing special is in the offing. Take care.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Good morning everyone in the lower 48!! Heading out for an overnight trip to Homer, AK and to some areas down the peninsula that are still very Russian in their culture. I'm told the schools still require students to learn the Russian language. Everyone have a blessed day and be safe.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”