First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by Boji »

Ripster wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:05 am
Boji wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:31 pm JP, quite a variety of cars. Not near as old but I have one that is show worthy. 1974 MG Midget, AZ car that I bought in Scottsdale 6 years ago But currently not running :( :(
One carburetor isn’t getting gas.
4407D412-7F52-4223-AA82-3C0DE30CDA03.jpeg

More hot weather, chance of rain tonight. Sure need it. Have to feed my feathered friends and water my flowers. Then to work

Cudgel, that is tons of rabbits! I was aware of the problem but hadn’t seen any pictures.
Evening Boji, that’s a nice Midget ::tu::
Is it You that mentioned that you Race a Cooper or something like that .That’s one thing would like to do someday . Some form of Racing .
Thanks for showing us a pic of the MG , oughta get it running ::nod:: and go cruising around with it.
That was me. 2009 Mini Cooper. Will be doing an Autocross a week from Saturday. Tight short course. I've had fast cars/sports cars/racing in blood for years, this is the only time it has been legal! Back in the 60's when I had a hot Corvette women weren't allowed to run at the local drag strips, or the dirt track oval circuit. I wish there were more Autocross races any where close by.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Boji wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:16 am
Boji wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:31 pm JP, quite a variety of cars. Not near as old but I have one that is show worthy. 1974 MG Midget, AZ car that I bought in Scottsdale 6 years ago But currently not running :( :(

More hot weather, chance of rain tonight. Sure need it. Have to feed my feathered friends and water my flowers. Then to work

Cudgel, that is tons of rabbits! I was aware of the problem but hadn’t seen any pictures.
Is it You that mentioned that you Race a Cooper or something like that .That’s one thing would like to do someday . Some form of Racing .
Thanks for showing us a pic of the MG , oughta get it running ::nod:: and go cruising around with it.
That was me. 2009 Mini Cooper. Will be doing an Autocross a week from Saturday. Tight short course. I've had fast cars/sports cars/racing in blood for years, this is the only time it has been legal! Back in the 60's when I had a hot Corvette women weren't allowed to run at the local drag strips, or the dirt track oval circuit. I wish there were more Autocross races any where close by.
Best of luck on your race mate; go fast, but be careful, don't want a crunch.
::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Boji wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:16 am

Hey that’s cool that you hung in there and kept racing. Good luck with the upcoming Autocross.
JP
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Open for business, order at the counter as per usual, this will be brief, first day out of lockdown and i have been busy, so i am having an early night, plus it is cold, and a warm bed beckons. Enjoy your coffee everyone. ::tu::
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

cudgee, thanks for the coffee, and good night, mate .
::tu::

As for the rest of you knife addicts . . . up and at 'em !
It's Friday and another weekend is waiting. Don't be late!
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you!!
I'm in early, because I wasn't feeling good last night and went to bed early, so I got up at 4:30 this morning.
Staying in today and do some cleaning on my office. Will probably rearrange some of my knife displays with
some of my newer knives and ones that I haven't displayed in a long time.
Everyone have a wonderful Friday and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning Cudgee ,Hey thanks for the info on your rabbit problem. One more rabbit question,what the heck did you all do with all the dead rabbits. That’s a lot of bunnies to dispose of.
Morning Chris, your at it early. Like your statement about not wasting away the weekend ::tu::
And to all the rest of you here at FCD, Good Morning. One more day of high humidity,then more comfortable weather,just in time for the weekend .
Heading out early to work on Front entry Stoop and Gable end siding at our remodel/ addition project . Homeowners want more work done, she like ,” since you’re here can you do this or that. So might be end of next week before done there. Then have to get out to Car shop and help get Cars ready for tomorrow’s show.
John ,we could use drivers, if you weren’t so far away, we’d take you up on that . Have you had your street rod out yet? And was it you that had a show a few weeks ago ?
Boji , when in comes to these Autocross races ,do you do any training or prepping for it. And was it the Cooper that U drive in the race ?
L Boy, interesting how your woods hop came about, very nice shop,great organizing . That Locomobile was a Company started by Mr Durant who bought up companies and formed GM .The
Locomobile was around in the 1920 s for about 8 years,then went out of business . There aren’t many around,espically in running Condition .
Time to get my raggedy rear end moving . Have a great Friday,keep on smiling ,enjoy !
Morning David,you slid in while was pecking away with one finger . Hope you feel better .
JP
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' to all you denizens of the FCD. Kind of an early crowd this morning. Temp and humidity are about the same as yesterday at 76º and 84%. I do have a good cup that is just about the right temp for drinking and that is a good start to the day.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning all. yesterday was brutal with the heat and humidity. It was still 85 out when I went to sleep last night. It's 55 now and today is suppose to better. Our brains were getting fried yesterday so we knocked off at 3 and called it a day. Not much planned for the weekend so I'll poke my way through today and see what happens. Have a great Friday.____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin", Folks.
Waking up to another bright sunny morning. 72 degrees and clear so far. Looks like the closest rain is up in Montgomery and across to Columbus.
We had a good day yesterday and enjoyed our noon meal.
Several weeks ago our outside helper had a run-in with the bees that have been placed in one of our idle garden patches this season. He tried but they stung him a couple of times so he has not been mowing a fairly large strip of our normally mowed yard. He happened to see the bee-man and mentioned to him about not being able to get all his mowing done. The bee-man said he would take care of it some time soon. That was accomplished yesterday, when we got up from our afternoon nap he was out there mowing way more than he really needed to. It is interesting how different folks interact with bees and how the bees respond to them. ::hmm:: There are I think, 22 hives sitting there and some of them have 5 and 6 supers stacked on them already. They are working the Popcorn bloom (the invasive Chinese Tallow tree) at this time.
Coffee is about ready.
Y'all have a wonderful Friday!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡70 deg. heading to the 80's. Was supposed to rain every day this week and has around the area, no heavy stuff all week, had a half of a inch in the rain gauge yestiddy evening, poured out 3.3 this morning. Thunderstorms woke me at 4 a.m. and it came a deluge in just over and hour.
Critters are fed including the boss,sissy and me.
20210611_080238.jpg
The dishes are warshed and put away.
I didn't check in for a couple of days and see that the fcd was invaded by cool vehicles . ::tu::
Buddies day at Hooters, hot wings coming up.
Have a good'un and be careful out there ::handshake::
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

About to blow away here right now! Supposed to blow in some rain but have my doubts.

The once a year autocross I run is just a fun, run what you brung event. It is fund raising event for the local Corvette club. Almost like a car show as get to oogle the Vettes and other fun cars. No chance of crunches, cars run the circuit one at a time. Only concern would blowing an engine or dropping a tranny or clutch.

Was up way too late last night so my tail is dragging this AM. Planning a short trip to California first of September for my sister’s 90th birthday. Got hotel and car rental done that can be changed or canceled with no charge With CA you never know what will happen by then.

Got about 30 drops but I think it is done
Be good humans and have great weekend!
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

bighomer wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:55 pm Morning folks, 🌡70 deg. heading to the 80's. Was supposed to rain every day this week and has around the area, no heavy stuff all week, had a half of a inch in the rain gauge yestiddy evening, poured out 3.3 this morning. Thunderstorms woke me at 4 a.m. and it came a deluge in just over and hour.
Critters are fed including the boss,sissy and me.20210611_080238.jpg
I didn't check in for a couple of days and see that the fcd was invaded by cool vehicles . ::tu::
bighomer, I see y'all have one of the finer accouterments for most any meal there on the breakfast table, Tiger Sauce! ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Ripster wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:42 am Morning Cudgee ,Hey thanks for the info on your rabbit problem. One more rabbit question,what the heck did you all do with all the dead rabbits. That’s a lot of bunnies to dispose of.
Morning Chris, your at it early. Like your statement about not wasting away the weekend ::tu::
And to all the rest of you here at FCD, Good Morning. One more day of high humidity,then more comfortable weather,just in time for the weekend .
Heading out early to work on Front entry Stoop and Gable end siding at our remodel/ addition project . Homeowners want more work done, she like ,” since you’re here can you do this or that. So might be end of next week before done there. Then have to get out to Car shop and help get Cars ready for tomorrow’s show.
John ,we could use drivers, if you weren’t so far away, we’d take you up on that . Have you had your street rod out yet? And was it you that had a show a few weeks ago ?
Boji , when in comes to these Autocross races ,do you do any training or prepping for it. And was it the Cooper that U drive in the race ?
L Boy, interesting how your woods hop came about, very nice shop,great organizing . That Locomobile was a Company started by Mr Durant who bought up companies and formed GM .The
Locomobile was around in the 1920 s for about 8 years,then went out of business . There aren’t many around,espically in running Condition .
Time to get my raggedy rear end moving . Have a great Friday,keep on smiling ,enjoy !
Morning David,you slid in while was pecking away with one finger . Hope you feel better .
Mate, we gutted and skinned them and threw them into the pot, they are good eating cooked properly, we gave away plenty, some would have been cooked fresh, the rest frozen, and what was left was chopped into 4, the back leg and front leg sections, put into freezer bags into the freezer and used for feeding the dogs. Thawed out the dogs loved them, and good for them, we have domesticated dogs so much, it is good for their teeth and gums as this is what they used to eat and what ever else they could hunt or scrounge, they are after all mainly carnivore's. It was called under ground mutton when it was more popular, up until the 1950's men would go around the not so affluent suburbs of the Capital cities selling rabbits by the pair from the back of a horse and cart to the poorer people, this was the only protein some people could get especially through the great depression. We have a hat company here called Akubra and they sell all over the world, their hats are made of rabbit skins, they used to contract professional shooters and hide and tan suppliers to supply them with rabbit skins, now they have to get their rabbits pelts from overseas.
778px-Australian_rabbiter,_NSW_from_The_Powerhouse_Museum_Collection.jpg
This is the sort of horse and cart rabbit's would have been sold from.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

bighomer wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:55 pm Morning folks, 🌡70 deg. heading to the 80's. Was supposed to rain every day this week and has around the area, no heavy stuff all week, had a half of a inch in the rain gauge yestiddy evening, poured out 3.3 this morning. Thunderstorms woke me at 4 a.m. and it came a deluge in just over and hour.
There is a job for you here at the Diner, if you can turn out food like that, when do you want to start.? :mrgreen:
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

cudgee wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:40 pm
There is a job for you here at the Diner, if you can turn out food like that, when do you want to start.? :mrgreen:
LOL Cudgee, he does look like he can whip up a good meal ::tu::
Thanks for the Rabbit Read . Very interesting. Garry had asked and I was wondering too about that Rabbit Fence, did it work ??
Stay warm over there .
JP
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Ripster wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:05 pm
LOL Cudgee, he does look like he can whip up a good meal ::tu::
Thanks for the Rabbit Read . Very interesting. Garry had asked and I was wondering too about that Rabbit Fence, did it work ??
Stay warm over there .
Yes the fence did work, was not perfect, but it did it's job in the main. They built another one for dingoes it over 3000 miles long.
dingo_fence_portion.jpg
Dingo fence.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

treefarmer wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:37 pm
bighomer, I see y'all have one of the finer accouterments for most any meal there on the breakfast table, Tiger Sauce! ::tu::
Treefarmer
Man I like that stuff, it ain't hot enough for me so I do kick it up a notch with just a touch or two of habanaro hot sauce. Good for what ails ya. ::handshake::
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

I better just stick with fixing for the boss, the dog and me but thanks anyway.
::tu:: ::uc:: ::woot:: ::handshake::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

bighomer wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:10 pm
I better just stick with fixing for the boss, the dog and me but thanks anyway.
::tu:: ::uc:: ::woot:: ::handshake::
If you have a change of heart, there is always a grill here waiting for you. :mrgreen:
TPK

Post by TPK »

Morning folks,

It's getting warm over here. Should get up in the 90's next week. ::doh:: Gotta go into town latter and get rid of our old fridge. We finally got a new one. Then I have to pull up some weeds around my flowers & trees. Then maybe a short nap after lunch and make some cigarettes towards the evening. That's about it. :D

Have a good one friends,

Tom
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Morning folks.
I actually go to work to relax.
Yard sale ain't much fun with mid 90s temp.
Have a really good mug of coffee.
Starting to be able to see.
Looking for the magic penny!
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Moring creww, had thunder storms during the night and sounded like hail. Last day of work this week. ::ds:: Happy trails!
David
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning Tom, plain Dave and David, you all are at it early.
And Good Morning to the rest of FCD.
Heading out to the car shop in a few ,a little last minute prepping ,stop and put some high octane fuel in the newer cars,get the old Locomobile checked over and then head to Altoona park for the first Car show here in over a year. Talked with a few guys and gals this week,sounds like it’ll be a big turnout. And the weather is great. Wife is meeting us there and then we’ll grab something to eat and settle in for a day of hot rods, classics, muscle cars, and I suspect a whole lot of BS.
Cudgee,that’s a lot of Fences for dingoes,didn’t realize there was a problem with them .
Well better get rolling,you all have a great Weekend,get the grille out, go see a old friend,whatever’s on your agenda ,hope you have a good one ::tu::
JP
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Ripster wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:28 am Morning Tom, plain Dave and David, you all are at it early.
And Good Morning to the rest of FCD.
Heading out to the car shop in a few ,a little last minute prepping ,stop and put some high octane fuel in the newer cars,get the old Locomobile checked over and then head to Altoona park for the first Car show here in over a year. Talked with a few guys and gals this week,sounds like it’ll be a big turnout. And the weather is great. Wife is meeting us there and then we’ll grab something to eat and settle in for a day of hot rods, classics, muscle cars, and I suspect a whole lot of BS.
Cudgee,that’s a lot of Fences for dingoes,didn’t realize there was a problem with them .
Well better get rolling,you all have a great Weekend,get the grille out, go see a old friend,whatever’s on your agenda ,hope you have a good one ::tu::
Sounds like a big time JP!! Have a good time.....add some photos please!! ::tu::

Off to the flea market in a bit and maybe some garage sales...
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”