First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by DM11 »

Good morning gentlemen, looks like sunny and hot again today. Not much else going on other than work. Have a good one!
David
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning guys. It's my monthly knife club meeting and I'm off to the Twin Cities to find some treasures. I have beem having a great birthday weekend already with my boys taking Jane and I out to prime rib dinner last night and finding a couple knives at a rummage sale yesterday (Gerber and Browning lockback hunters) for a couple bucks each and maybe some nicer old stuff today at the ckub. We had some pretty nasty storms yesterday during the day and some are suppose to develop during the Grandma's marathon in Duluth. The weather people were even talking about the possibility of canceling or postponing the marathon if there is too much lightning. Have a great Saturday.____Dave
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Happy Birthday bud!! Glad to know ya!!

Nothing on the list today except get gas and unload the car.....then a cookout at sister in-laws of hamburgers, and corn on the cob (cooked in the husk on the grill or coals). Yuuuuuuuuuuuuummy!!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' guys. I really slept in this morning. Company goes home today and not much else going on. We are supposed to have some showers today and that would be nice.
Hope you all have a knife day. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning fellers, Ray I got a couple of extra winks my own self, liked it too. Trash day, little flea market, finish cutting the grass as a little thunder bumper came up yestiddy and put a stop to it. Weather girl says heat index over a 100, air quality bad , ole folks should stay in the house, sweetthang agreed with her, l wondered if the cute little weather girl might come out and cut the grass, sweetie said no such luck, so that leaves just me. Yawl have a great day and be good to your friends and neighbors and be safe. ::handshake::
mrwatch

Post by mrwatch »

Morning fellers, sunny now and a half marathon near buy with two shorter ones. A friend is running in it. Yesterday was my birthday. Found a CO2 pistol at a garage sale cheap. Stopped at the library and got confused or something trying to leave for the senior meal and the car would not start. Just turn over. Called a friend to pick us up and for a tow to the house. Thanks for towing insurance! Left the key with the librarian. After I got home I though that maybe I was using the spare key from the hardware store and not the one with the chip in it so I told the truck driver when he called. As Ann Landers wrote I'll take 20 lashings across the forehead with a wet noodle! But we did have the same thing not long ago like dirt in the fuel line, where it did eventually did start. It only has 284,000 miles on so that was a re-leaf! ::pray::
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good morning, fellers.
Visiting with family in central Florida, just now getting on the forum this morning.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

mrwatch wrote:Morning fellers, sunny now and a half marathon near buy with two shorter ones. A friend is running in it. Yesterday was my birthday. Found a CO2 pistol at a garage sale cheap. Stopped at the library and got confused or something trying to leave for the senior meal and the car would not start. Just turn over. Called a friend to pick us up and for a tow to the house. Thanks for towing insurance! Left the key with the librarian. After I got home I though that maybe I was using the spare key from the hardware store and not the one with the chip in it so I told the truck driver when he called. As Ann Landers wrote I'll take 20 lashings across the forehead with a wet noodle! But we did have the same thing not long ago like dirt in the fuel line, where it did eventually did start. It only has 284,000 miles on so that was a re-leaf! ::pray::
Well Happy Birthday Mr. Watch. Which has more miles you or the car. All this fancy electronic stuff gets me every time. So enjoy your Birthday. How did you do running the half marathon? or running the garage sale?
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

We're going to get the keys to my son's new condo. And the first thing we'll do is get the lock re-keyed!
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
mrwatch

Post by mrwatch »

Thanks, and a friend was to run in the marathon. He has a special built for him JEEP with a running Cheetah painted on both side that he said can about drive itself. no wind today but lot's of thunder and reds and yellows over the Big Pond. It is to turn very humid with highs 90-94 thru. Monday. "YIKES"
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Working an extra day this week. Got next two days so all is well. Sunny and hot again today. Hope yawl have a blessed day and happy trails!
David
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Happy Fathers Day gents, walking down to the beach now to wet a line. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Yes sir Bruce....good luck! ]

Happy Father's Day fellas!

Got a mission at 10:00 then who knows.
SCOTT

Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' guys and Happy Fathers Day to all you fathers out there.
Gettin ready for meetin' early this morning as the Bride has altar guild duty and I have usher duty. Got a good, hot cup of coffee so will relax just a bit before we take off.
Hope you all have a good day today. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Morning,
Happy Fathers Day, all you knife friends.
Goin to be going to church with Miss Joys dad this morning to celebrate Fathers Day.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning guys. The trip to NSBC yesterday was great with 4 knives there and three more from a shop on the way home. I posted a picture on Knife Finds of the Day. And to make it even better, Jane was all for the purchases because I paid for them from my business account and they counted for birthday and Father's day gifts. It's muggy and warm today with thunderstorms that rumbled through last night still hanging around. It will be a perfect day for a nap after church and a few nimutes cleaning and cataloging my new knives. Have a great fathers Day and Sunday. ____Dave
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

The only day out of 7 that I don't have to awaken at 4am.
Guess I'll look for the magic penny and look at comics and listen to Power Metal on YouTube.
If you have an open mind give Sabaton a listen.
Looking for the magic penny!
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning fellers, Happy father's day. Nothing planned for the day, may watch to see if the carnage at the US open continues. Yawl have a great day and be good to your friends and neighbors and be safe ::handshake::
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Happy Dads Day!! ::ds:: Heres hoping all the Dads out there have a SuperDad Dads Day!!! ::tu:: ::tu:: John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Just Plain Dave wrote:The only day out of 7 that I don't have to awaken at 4am.
Guess I'll look for the magic penny and look at comics and listen to Power Metal on YouTube.
If you have an open mind give Sabaton a listen.
Well that's interesting. Never would have connected you with it JPDave.

Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

I'm more of a classic hard rock guy - Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Stones, Who, AC/DC, etc. Metal was never my thing, other than the old school stuff like Black Sabbath, Metallica, etc.
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Good morning fellas, woke up an hour ago way to early for a day off. Might have to get a nap in later. Dont have any big plans today. Hope everyone has a blessed day.
David
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Morning David, morning gents. Got two busy weeks coming up - road warrior time! OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good mornin, fellers.
Woke up in another strange place. :lol: Going to try and spend an hour or so at the big Webster Flea Market before moseying back up to the Panhandle. Had a wonderful Father’s Day!
Y’all have a great day.
Treefarmer
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Mornin' fellas!!

Pretty interesting conversations this morning.....knice.

Usual Monday, packing, shipping and laundry!
SCOTT

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”