First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Let's just say we aren't that gullible and let it go.
Happy Saturday y'all. 30 plus hours for the week is on the agenda.
Hope the floor machine mechanic came and fixed it. It's been running low on battery power.
Looking for the magic penny!
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Good morning gentlemen. Work and not much else today. Happy trails to all of you!
David
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

I need coffee baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.....was a late night with my brother in-law who just lost his wife.

Baseball tournament championship game today at 10:00.

Then a nap is in line afterwards!!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good Saturday morning guys. Melody should be going home from the hospital today. I'm heading South to my knife club meeting that I haven't been to in two months. The other Dave that usually goes with me can't go so Jane is going with. The weather is suppose to be in the 60's with sunshine and I'm plumb worn out and sore from the taping and painting job this week and feeling way past due for a day of fun and relaxing. I'll let Jane drive. have a great weekend. ___Dave
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Good morning guys. Feeling a little under the weather this morning but hopefully I'll perk up after I consume this huge mug of coffee. I've got one of those imitation Yeti type coffee mugs that will keep coffee at an acceptable temperature for hours. Maybe by noon I'll have it consumed. No big plans for the day other than a little work on a damaged display case I'm bringing back to life.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin',Men.
Weather forecast says "sunny till late afternoon", the clouds are socked in thick and heavy right now. At least they did get the temperature right. :roll:
Worked on garden spots yesterday, final disking and if I can get Miss Joy to help me hook up the planters, we'll try to put some seed in the ground today.
Birthday supper for Miss Joy and our middle child tonight whose birthday was the 18th and Joy's is the 23rd. Killing two birds with one stone. ::nod::
Y'all have a wonderful Saturday and Dave I hope you come home with a sack full from the knife club meeting!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

Good morning to all you lucky guys that live in the southland! It's snowing here in the flatland, snow rain mix yesterday and all last night, but the good news is we need the rain. I can make it out to the shop however. Going to watch the Husker spring football game at 11. No IRS calls here, just one that says I won a vacation somewhere in the Caribean or some place, I hang up. See Ya , got to go get a cup of Joe. Terry ::tu::
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Today I need a trip to the barber to get what little hair I have left trimmed - I'm feeling a bit like this:
Shaggy.jpg
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

The one major fly in the ointment of my job is Saturday morning.
Didn't get into the store until almost 6am. Numbers have been traded so maybe it won't happen again. So didn't scrub and buff but spot mopped. Got approximately 3 hours and 30.2x for the week.
Came home and weedeated the front yard into the weed eater died. It usually does and usually takes a plug cleaning to run again. Chopped some low hanging branches. Now fixing to do the comics on my phone since the computer is down.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

I'm putting the coffee on so it's ready when you fellas come in....

I'm heading to the park today to work on a spoon with a new round carving knife. Hoping some kids will show, but not looking good.

Drive it like you stole it fellas!!
SCOTT

djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning Scott and all who follow. Melody is home. We are going to pick up our Grand-daughter Cassidy for her conformation class and Sunday School and church and then pick up lunch for us and Melody and Cassidy. Yesterday, the weather was beautiful for a drive and I picked up a couple knives including a Enderes cattle knife and made a quick stop at a military show on the way home and got a very nice early German ebony Corliss Cut. jack for $6. All in all the weekend is turning out pretty well for the way it started. Have a great Sunday and see you in church. ____Dave
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' fellers. Had a very nice day at the Belton Show yesterday. I think I sold more than I bought. :D
Gotta grab a cup and get ready for today.
Hope you all have a knife day. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Early Risers.
The coffee is making here in the cloudy Panhandle. Didn't get very far on the garden yesterday, seems all the time and effort was spent on ornamentals, the things you can't eat and have to drive around when mowing. Had a great birthday supper for Miss Joy and our middle child, a great pork roast, a big fresh salad, fried corn bread, ice cream and cake. :)
Let's go have a good hot cup and watch the critters in the yard before breakfast. It'll be church time in a few hours,hope to see y'all there.
Treefarmer

DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Hi guys. FCD is busy this morning. Looks wet outside. We've gotten some much needed rain. Knife-nut and Stockman are coming by this afternoon for a visit. It will be nice to meet them. Hope yawl have a good day and happy trails!
David
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Glad you've got adventure weather today, Scott. It's pouring down around here. Beach: Cancelled. Walkaround of the local shopping plaza: Probably cancelled. Trip to the grocery store: Postponed until the afternoon.

Gonna sit back with this Thermos of coffee and a muffin and enjoy the motorcycle races on the boob tube, I guess.

Have a fine Sunday, folks!
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Thunder, lightning and rain came overnight and filled the ditch.
Got a surprisingly good mug of last pot molested coffee.
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Yesterday's haircut mission was completed successfully.
grooming_00.jpg
Today's mission is to prep for a meeting tomorrow with our Finance & Accounting department to talk about our current "IT Roadmap". This is all the things we think we are going to do over the next 2 years, most of which we won't actually do because new things will suddenly come up that everyone says we have to do *right now*. I just need to hang-on until I can retire...
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

TwoFlowersLuggage wrote:Yesterday's haircut mission was completed successfully.

grooming_00.jpg

Today's mission is to prep for a meeting tomorrow with our Finance & Accounting department to talk about our current "IT Roadmap". This is all the things we think we are going to do over the next 2 years, most of which we won't actually do because new things will suddenly come up that everyone says we have to do *right now*. I just need to hang-on until I can retire...
That particular goal is a worthy motivator.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

I went into the kitchen and the light is on on the coffeemaker but the pot is empty.
What a revolting development. Par for Monday morning I guess.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Just Plain Dave wrote:I went into the kitchen and the light is on on the coffeemaker but the pot is empty.
What a revolting development. Par for Monday morning I guess.
Plug that thing in.....let's get things rolling pal!!!

Happy Monday fellas!!

Packing, shipping, listing and laundry today. uh huh!
SCOTT

djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning guys. Phil, tell Miss Joy happy belated Birthday wishes from Jane and I. Scott, did any of your kids show up yesterday or did you carve spoons alone. Jane's sister and her hushabd came yesterday for a final follow-up Dr.s appt, today. Jason is suppose to be starting his journey home tomorrow but they are having trouble lining up flights so he might be on his own for part of the trip. If he can get within a day's drive I'll go get him. I'm finishing a job today and checking out the next one. Have a great week and be safe.___Dave
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' JPDave and Scott and DJDave. Mornin' to the rest of the guys. I have to make a post office run this morning but not too much on the agenda for the rest of the day.
Hope you all have a good day. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Guys.
Thank you Dave, I'll tell her when she wakes up! Haven't been out to check the rain gauge yet, it rained off and on yesterday afternoon till up in the night, under a tornado watch most of the afternoon. The news said there were several waterspouts that came on shore.
Y'all have a wonderful Monday!
Treefarmer

TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

djknife13 wrote:Scott, did any of your kids show up yesterday or did you carve spoons alone.
Alone I was......
Attachments
20180422_123214.jpg
20180422_123449.jpg
SCOTT

DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Good morning everyone. Glad the coffees on I need a cup. Had a nice visit with Mark and Dennis yesterday. Harold wasnt able to make it. Wow those guys have some nice knives. I was in overload. They had so many old knives on the table I couldnt process it all. Not much planned for today. Happy trails!
David

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”