First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by DM11 »

Morning fellas. Looks like beter get the lights on the coffee going and the grill warming up. Appears to be another beautiful spring day around these parts. Hope yawl have a great day. Happy trails!
David
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Mornin' fellas! Thanks David!

Feeling a little under the weather this morning......we'll see what this coffee does.

Another baseball game tonight for the grands....we got creamed last night... ::doh::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' guys and mornin' to those who come in later. I have a couple days of eBay scheduling to do today then I may take a break from eBaying for a while. It is summertime hot here in Central Texas and no rain in sight.
Hope you all have a good day. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning guys. We had a little rain and thunder last night and now it's cool and the wind is blowing like crazy. We have a large tree to take down that is overhanging a garage, so that probably won't happen today in this wind. We have a small building to move and some more to finish on the cabin we were working on yesterday. Have a great Thursday. ____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Men.
We had a reprieve from the 90 degree weather yesterday, it was overcast and the 3-5 inches of forecasted rain turned out to be 0.4 inch total at Starvation Plantation. My buddy over at Poverty Flats said they didn't get a drop. It's amazing what less than a 1/2 inch of rain does for the place! :)
Going to try and get my ears lowered today and that's about it for me.
Y'all have a great day!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning fellers, still trying to catch up on the yard work, amazing how a few weeks away will get you behind.Yawl have a great day and be good to your friends and neighbors and be safe ::handshake::
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

I seem to be getting a cold. This seems to happen every time the weather changes, and it seems to be changing every day - warm, then foggy, then a cold wind, then warm again.

You know, I was just thinking - Quintus (Qtcut5) lives on the Big Island. I hope he's OK. I think he's on the other side of the island from where the lava & ash is spewing. I think I'll send him a PM...
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

TwoFlowersLuggage wrote:I seem to be getting a cold. This seems to happen every time the weather changes, and it seems to be changing every day - warm, then foggy, then a cold wind, then warm again.

You know, I was just thinking - Quintus (Qtcut5) lives on the Big Island. I hope he's OK. I think he's on the other side of the island from where the lava & ash is spewing. I think I'll send him a PM...
Good idea TFL
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Whadaya know. It's still morning. 4 hours and 12 or so minutes today.
20.24 for the week so far. Upper management wants Trish to hire another floor guy for Saturday and Sunday. She would rather not and I agree. Besides two days pay is basically peanuts.
Anyhow that's the news. Would mean 3-5 hours less on my check. But the plus is not getting up at 4am on a Saturday.
Looking for the magic penny!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

TwoFlowersLuggage wrote: You know, I was just thinking - Quintus (Qtcut5) lives on the Big Island. I hope he's OK. I think he's on the other side of the island from where the lava & ash is spewing. I think I'll send him a PM...
Yeah, that's the opposite side of the island from where he lives. Even paradise has it's down side.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Welcome to Friday. Vacation is over for me; back to the grind tonight . :(

Lights are on, grill's warming, pot's ready .. .. ..
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Howdy men. Chris glad you got the coffee going I'll be needing a cup or two. have a good one fellas and happy trails.
David
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Mornin' fellas. Thanks Chris!

I'll have pancakes.....with some bacon!!

Estate sales are slim.....not sure if I'm going or not.
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' fellers. Got my 1st cup and it still so hot that I am not sure if it is a good one or not. Gotta make a post office trip this morning and not much else on the agenda. High temp was 98º yesterday so it is a good time to stay indoors.
Hope you all have a good day. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. I'm playing retired today and Jane and I are going to hit some of the rummage sales. It's a cool start to what should be a pretty nice day. I haven't heard a thing about my friend Bob's funeral so I'm planning to meet up with the other Dave that I go to the knife club with and head South tomorrow morning. It was a busy week packed into four days and I'm more than ready for a fun weekend. ____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Men.
Appears the big rain totally fizzled out, spotty summertime showers are now in the forecast. ::shrug:: Fixin' to have a hot cup in just a minute and officially start the day.
Hope everyone has a productive day!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning fellers, finally got to the table, not much on the agenda today, buddies day at Hooters, need to make a wally world run as I need some necessities. Yawl have a great day and be good to your friends and neighbors and be safe. ::handshake::
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

I did get a reply from Quintus - he's fine! ::tu::

We're headed up to Morro Bay (about 2.5 hours North) to spend the weekend with my wife's sister & her husband and her cousin & his husband at a beach house. My goal for the weekend is not to say anything that makes my wife mad. My BIL is in sales, so spending time with him is somewhat challenging. It is a never ending series of stupid questions about things he hasn't got a clue about. The cousin's husband is an OK guy, but we have absolutely zero in common. They are "show biz people" - they both do singing gigs and act in local theater. That's about as far from me as you can get!
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Afternoon gents. 5 hours and a few minutes today. 25.52 for the week.
The professional floor people are coming tonight so I have off until Monday unless I want to show up at 7am to clean bathrooms and such. But we are going up to uncle's place in the morning to get a drum and a 5 gallon pail of soap. Uncle passed on. The house is sold. His young bride is going up to Idaho with the daughter and her husband.

That's all I got right now.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Howdy men, the dinner is open come on in for a cup of coffee and a bite to eat. I'm glad theres only one more day of work this week. I've had quite enough of the bravo sierra that goes on. Hope you all have a good day and happy trails.
David
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning David and all the non-Davids that follow, and JP David too. No more work days for me this week. I'm off with another Dave to the North Star Blade Collectors meeting. Have a great Saturday. ____Dave
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' guys. Not a lot to do today. DJDave, hope you have a big time at the meeting today and I'll look forward to a report on your new 'stuff'.
Hope you all have a knice day. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

Morning all. Up early (for me) this morning. In Huntsville Tx this a.m. for the Texas Knife and Tomahawk State Championship throw. Today and tomorrow at the Sam Houston Festival.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning fellers, the bunn is dunn,fresh, hot and strong ain't nothing like it. We got all Tree Farmers rain moved up from the SE to the NW got about 3 inch last couple of days. Trash day, may visit the little flea market if it ain't rained out, nothing much planned after that. Always plenty of yard work to be done, if it ain't to wet. Yawl have a great day and be good to your friends and neighbors and be safe ::handshake::
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Obviously I didn't choose to go in at 7am to do bathrooms and such.
Got a pretty good mug. Got some pennies to mess with and some knives to fondle.
It's all good.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”