First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' guys. Nutin' much to report here. I'll just grab a quick cup to go.
Hope your day is a good one. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Pretty much the same here as Ray. It was kind of pretty looking out the cabin window yesterday. The lake is still frozen over but the snow is going away fast. Have a great Wednesday.____Dave
Attachments
DSC00957.JPG
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Fellers.
Appears we've had a little bit of rain during the night, it clouded up so thick last night that we were unable to see the full moon as it was rising.
Stayed fairly busy yesterday with different projects. Seeing the different protective approach's by various businesses in town concerning the virus is interesting. Put diesel fuel in one of the tractors yesterday and forgot to get gasoline for the lawnmower. Forgetting is getting to be a lot easier than it used to be. ::hmm::
Y'all have a blessed day!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Good Morning. High humidity, overcast; rain be coming. I look in my cup and what do I see? Tea, Earl Grey by name. I like it a lot but basically I'm just looking to change things up a bit; introduce some variety because I notice I'm beginning to get a little cabin fever.
Have already shaved off my beard. Would probably feel better if I could visit the barber. She would probably feel better too as I am a good tipper. So have a good day and stay safe.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Howdy neighbors, the sun is shining and it is a beautiful day out there. already made a run to the store before the mobs show up. Happy trails!
David
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Goooood Morning Everyone!!!
Over the winter with the heater on I can't believe how dried out looking all the wood items in the house became. So I took some Pledge polishing oil and put it on my desk, oh me, what a big difference. An hour later I had polished all the wood cabinets, shelves and display items in my office. I even polished my fancy walking stick I got from Mt. Rushmore! Is this a side effect of "quarantine?" ::tired:: Don't know what the day will bring, maybe I'll rearrange my closet. :shock: or not.
Everyone have a blessed day and be very safe wherever you are. ::pray::
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Morning y'all.
I was wrong about the stockers.
They are starting at 2am tomorrow.
And they won't leave until the truck arrives and the pallets are broken down.
I must get their co-operation or report them.Again I say "we'll see"
Coffee was quite good.
I know what knife I want. Don't NEED but want a Case two blade teardrop Jack.
Probably rare as hens teeth and just as expensive.
16 and a little for three days.
Looking for the magic penny!
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good afternoon everyone
What a lovely day! I’m off work and sitting in Dave’s car, full of apple pecan salad from Wendy’s and half listening to our friend Kevin on the phone. Dave has him on speaker.
Work tomorrow, then off for three days at least. I may take Monday too.
Have a good and safe day everyone!
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Mornin'!!

I'll put the coffee on.
Going for a walk with my grands today!!! ::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' scott and mornin' to the rest of the folks here. Not much on the agenda for today other than the usual trip to the post office and the Deli. It is Taco Thursday after all.
I hope you all have a fine day. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Back to the cabin. We had interactive Bible Study last night on Zoom. We could watch but our computer doesn't have a mike or camera so nobody could see or hear us, but it was still good to hear it. Have a great Thursday. ____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin'.
We ended up with about 0.5" of rain yesterday, including the light shower before daylight. Got a pretty good bit of work done probably will work some today as it only appears to be cloudy with no rain very close this morning. We did have at least one of the thunderstorms the had predicted earlier in the week. It seemed more like a regular afternoon summer storm.
Miss Joy's helper will be out of commission for several weeks. Tuesday morning she had a heart valve replaced. The doctor reported it to be a "textbook
case", no complications, all done through an artery! She should be coming home today. It is really a strange thing to experience, to have a friend undergo such an issue and not be able to be in the waiting room, her son wasn't even allowed in the hospital. She called us yesterday afternoon and sounded very strong. ::tu::
Had Wednesday evening bible study via Facebook settin' in my recliner, another strange thing. Dropped some letters of at the post office during the rain yesterday and needed to go to the bank. There was a city police car at the front door of the bank with all sorts of signs I couldn't read, there was no problem going through the drive up window. Got done and headed back to Starvation Plantation!
One of the old time elementary school teachers passed away Monday and because of all this mess going on there will only be a private grave side service for the family. She was one of the special teachers that had touched so many families, some for several generations with her 32 years as a 1st grade teacher.
Y'all have a great day!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Sunny and windy here, after some rain and thunder last night. My computer takes in new photos from my camera but will not display them. Am puzzled.
Stay safe.
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Yesterday it was on the mid 70's and now it's in the mid 40's and it's typical Indiana wreather. I like yesterday's weather alot more, the furnace wasn't running.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning, had my 3 month drs.visit by phone, I kinda liked it, maybe we could do this from now on. Sam's club sent me some coffee and other odds and ends, kinda like that too. Heck my insurance company is gonna send me a refund because I ain't driving. I ain't spending money on gas even though it's cheap as all get out. Preaching by phone, computer or tv. I beginning to like this stay at home stuff. NOT. It's really sad that we don't get to visit with families that we've known ages when one of their love one passes. I missed three so far that I would have went to. Hope yawl have a good'un, stay safe. ::handshake::
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Afternoon y'all.
Had only one short skirmish with a stocker when using the floor machine.
No problem at all with the buffer.
When I was done today I went to Sonic for lunch.
Went back to work and got another great check.
Coffee was excellent.
21.30 for 4 days.
Looking for the magic penny!
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good afternoon everyone
Another winner of a day. Now I have four of ‘em off! ::ds::
Have a wonderful Easter, fellas. I may not check in until it’s over.
Have a good and safe day everyone!
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

We had a cold front blow through right at sun down. It had 70+ MPH straight line winds come through. Blew down power lines around the area, blew some roofing tin of a business in Bartlett and wrapped it around some power lines, knocking out the power in town. Tree limbs down all over the place. Not much rain, less than a half inch. Blew one of my fences out of line. More new work for the to-do list.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

zzyzzogeton wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:15 am We had a cold front blow through right at sun down. It had 70+ MPH straight line winds come through. Blew down power lines around the area, blew some roofing tin of a business in Bartlett and wrapped it around some power lines, knocking out the power in town. Tree limbs down all over the place. Not much rain, less than a half inch. Blew one of my fences out of line. More new work for the to-do list.
Z,
We just missed it here but heard all the reports on the TV pretty much as it was happening. Post some photos if possible.
Sorry to hear about the damage but sounds like you may have missed the worst of it.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

No pics of the damage in Granger and Bartlett. I was dragging a trailer home with a tractor on it during the storm and couldn't stop to take pictures. Also, just learned that a restaraunt in Granger had a wall and part of the roof collapse.

I have a bunch of small limbs blown down and a 20 ft section of fence that is no longer vertical. One of the posts needed replacing any way. I was just hoping to put that work off for a while. Many of the taller flowers are blown flat - like irises, amarilyses, gladiolas, etc.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Howdy friends, not much new around here. Enjoying some coffee before work. Went up to my brothers and shot his new 1874 Sharps in 45-70. That sure was fun. Happy trails!
David
TPK

Post by TPK »

Morning Friends,

Coffee is ready so get it while it's hot! ::tu:: :D

Just sittin outside enjoying the sun, listening to some country music & making some cigarettes. Waitin on lunch at the moment. We're having some kinda fish today. Hope Ya'll have a great weekend! ::tu:: :D

Stay safe & stay healthy,
TPK
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Mornin' fellas.

Come to find out my domain knife pocketknivesblog.com expired in March. I'm having to bid against someone to try and get it back. What a shock
this has been. I still have all the pages in my hosting service and I purchased a couple other domain names, very similar, in case I have to use a different name. ::disgust::

Had a great mission yesterday with 4 boys and another dad!! ::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' David. Mornin' Tom and mornin' to the rest of the group. It'll be pete and re-pete for me today.
It is Good Friday so hope you all have a blessed day.
And mornin' to you Scott. You got in while I was huntin' & peckin'.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. We had church services last night via Zoom. Jane and one of our boys got a tablet working so we could interact, unlike our Wednesday Bible Study we did on our old computer where we could just listen in. We have Good Friday service tonight on the tablet also. It's a chilly 20 degrees to start the day and a stretch of nights in the teens and days in the 30's but compared to what you guys down South had, I won't complain. It sure doesn't appear that Winter is going to leave without a fight. Snow again tomorrow. I'm just glad I have inside work yet. I need to make a lumber yard run this morning for more pine boards for baseboards and to make window trim with. I go to the lumber yard, load up what I need and call inside to tell them what I got and they add it to my bill, so basically not much has changed. Have a great Friday.____Dave

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”