First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by Waukonda »

OSCAR wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:34 pm
treefarmer wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:04 pm
Closest thing you’re gonna find to NY pizza anywhere in the South.
Now, you went and did it! You got me hungry for a Grimaldi's pie, and the nearest one is 350 miles away. I live in an area of St Louis and Chicago style pizza joints, but I much prefer Detroit or New York style.
Ike
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Waukonda wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:07 pm
treefarmer wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:04 pm
Now, you went and did it! You got me hungry for a Grimaldi's pie, and the nearest one is 350 miles away. I live in an area of St Louis and Chicago style pizza joints, but I much prefer Detroit or New York style.
Waukonda:
All are excellent, but different so can’t be compared. I left NYC in the 70’s. The place I recommended to Treefarmer is the real deal. Sorry I made you hungry. I drove 80 miles round trip to get a very special cigar. I’d triple that distance for a good Italian restaurant. We don’t have any here. It’s the ONLY thing I miss.
I’ve had Grimaldi’s. Absolutely awesome !
Not the greatest neighborhood when I was there many years ago, but Johny O’s in south Chicago had the best sandwich ever called the “mother in law”. I miss it but I don’t ever want to return to NY or Chicago.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

OSCAR wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:16 pm
Waukonda:
All are excellent, but different so can’t be compared. I left NYC in the 70’s. The place I recommended to Treefarmer is the real deal. Sorry I made you hungry. I drove 80 miles round trip to get a very special cigar. I’d triple that distance for a good Italian restaurant. We don’t have any here. It’s the ONLY thing I miss.
Not the greatest neighborhood when I was there many years ago, but Johny O’s in south Chicago had the best sandwich ever called the “mother in law”. I miss it but I don’t ever want to return to NY or Chicago.
More information please. A full description of the " Mother In Law " sandwich is in order. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod::
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

cudgee wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:43 pm

Waukonda:
More information please. A full description of the " Mother In Law " sandwich is in order. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod::
Cudgee, it sounds awful but it’s excellent.
And it’s messy. A tamale on a steamed bun with onions smothered in chile and cheese of course. I don’t know how it got it’s name.
Johnny O’s is primarily a hot dog place. It’s been in business for decades.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

OSCAR wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:24 am
cudgee wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:43 pm
Waukonda:
Cudgee, it sounds awful but it’s excellent.
And it’s messy. A tamale on a steamed bun with onions smothered in chile and cheese of course. I don’t know how it got it’s name.
Johnny O’s is primarily a hot dog place. It’s been in business for decades.
::hmm:: ::hmm:: ::hmm:: ::hmm:: ::hmm:: ::hmm::
TPK

Post by TPK »

Morning Folks,

Hope you all are doing well. ::nod:: Heard from Dan in MI. ::super_happy:: He's doing fine, just been busy. ::tu:: Raining here so I'm stuck inside today. ::disgust::

Gotta run, ::super_happy::
Busy too, ::nod::
Enjoy your Sunday, ::handshake::
TCGB, ::tu::
Tom 🗡️🔪 KGFG 🗡️🔪
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, hope our old regular Anne is okay after the weather that has hit Canada.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' to all here in the Diner. Hope you had a great Saturday. I woke up early so I'll mess around here for a spell before getting a shower and shave for Sunday meeting.
Hope you have a blessed day today.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Made the 2 hour trip yesterday, and came home sucking my thumb.
Oh, there were plenty of good knives there, and lots of junk, but none I could not live without.
Reckon I've just gotten too darn picky.

Rain is on the way, so probably internet, tv, and naps for today
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

GOOD MORNING FCD PATRONS !
It’s 63 now with a high of 82. Yard work yesterday, and continuing today. Spread out 6 bales of pine straw, and 6 more to go.
Treefarmer, try Little Italy Pizza on Monroe. It’s in the middle of town on the Main Street, hwy11. It’s the best NY style pizza in the south.
Cats ate, dog eats next then me.
Got some cleaning and chores to do after the yard work. Might go out for lunch or dinner. All the food talk got me in the mood for cooking other than my own. Pizza perhaps.
Attachments
F09A618A-7D35-42A1-B764-E95D18EEE9CC.jpeg
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin’, Diners.
Waking up in Monroe, GA again. We’ll head back for the Panhandle tomorrow just in time to watch for the hurricane.
Need to go get the first cup in my hand, I can see my son-in-law out side enjoying his first cup. We watched way too much football yesterday and ate too much. (didn’t make it to the pizza place, OSCAR, had a smoked pork butt, smoked chicken and all the necessary sides)
Will be attending church with the family this morning, leftovers for dinner, then I’ll do a venison fry for the family tonight.
It is rather strange to not be responsible for anything, just visiting, eating and watching football. In the back of my mind, I should be out side doing something useful. ::shrug::
Y’all have a wonderful day!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. It's been dreary and rainy here for two days now and with the recent deaths, church will be somewhat somber this morning but should be a good time of healing for our congregation. The funeral for the young boy, Nicholas, will be next Saturday. My friend Dale's service is just going to be the family going out somewhere as per Dale's wish. I'm off to shower for church. We'll get an update for our past church secretary who's in hospice now this morning I'm sure. Have a good Sunday and be safe.____Dave
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

For those that like cats and know how they think. My dog doesn’t disagree.
Attachments
FA258B8B-0254-4AE9-ADE4-C57152A28EFB.jpeg
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Morning all! Gonna be about 70. The cooler fall nights made me finally put a blanket on the bed. Holding out on flipping the furnace on.
Busy day at work yesterday, bought 3 nice handguns, sold 3 handguns and a shotgun. Lots of paperwork.
No plans for the day, maybe some baking.
Remember the Lord on his day
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Howdy friends, Been up and down for a while. Got up at 0530 +- with respiratory distress. This is the third year I've got hit with this crap in Sept. I know how to deal with it so it wont last long. 61-83 and sunny. Looks like a beautiful day is in store. Happy trails!
David
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Good Morning Everyone.

Church in a little while. Yesterday I was contacted by a guy that wants to sell his collection of knives. I only spoke a few minutes with him to find out that he has fixed and folding; new and old. He said all were made in the USA or Germany. That's about all I know at this point so after lunch we are meeting over at his house. Hope I can pay attention during church this morning. Anyway everyone have a great day and I'll report back what I find.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

djknife13 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:13 pm Good morning. It's been dreary and rainy here for two days now and with the recent deaths, church will be somewhat somber this morning but should be a good time of healing for our congregation. The funeral for the young boy, Nicholas, will be next Saturday. My friend Dale's service is just going to be the family going out somewhere as per Dale's wish. I'm off to shower for church. We'll get an update for our past church secretary who's in hospice now this morning I'm sure. Have a good Sunday and be safe.____Dave
Our minister just stopped by to tell me our secretary Colleen passed away last night. This week has been unbelievable.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

djknife13 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:14 pm
djknife13 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:13 pm Good morning. It's been dreary and rainy here for two days now and with the recent deaths, church will be somewhat somber this morning but should be a good time of healing for our congregation. The funeral for the young boy, Nicholas, will be next Saturday. My friend Dale's service is just going to be the family going out somewhere as per Dale's wish. I'm off to shower for church. We'll get an update for our past church secretary who's in hospice now this morning I'm sure. Have a good Sunday and be safe.____Dave
Our minister just stopped by to tell me our secretary Colleen passed away last night. This week has been unbelievable.
Dave,
Sorry to hear of your losses during this past week. ::pray::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Good morning everyone. Temps are hovering in the 60's, getting ready for Fall. Just when I think the USPS is getting it's act together, the local carriers stick a fork in it's eye. Received a package yesterday for the fella that lives one block over. This has happened often enough that I now have his phone # in my phone so I stuck it back in the mailbox and sent a text to him regarding the mis-delivery. We're guessing it's the substitutes that step on their crank like this. :x
I guess today will be raiding the refrigerator and baseball. All y'all take care out there.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

djknife13 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:14 pm
The good Lord doesn’t give us more than we can handle. Church services will help the healing.
On a lighter side side, my Mother always said Bad Things Come in 3’s. So hopefully that is all.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

It's 0200 and I'm not going to put the coffee on because it would be burnt by the time y'all come meandering in. Can't decide whether to crawl back in the rack or sack out in my recliner. Which ever, it's too early to be hanging around here. I have an appointment this afternoon at the VA to get my toenails clipped. That's about it for Sept. 26th. ::yawn:: ::zzz::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Good early morning to all you early risers who frequent the diner. What is going on at NASA, just noticed the blast off has been delayed for the 3rd time. To those who purchased some cutlery over the weekend make sure you post them, that is the only new knife action i get these days. :lol: :lol: Enjoy your first coffee for the week. ::tu::
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Nuthin' new or exciting here. Back to work tonight . . .
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Howdy folks, just trying to overcome the crud. 51-84 and sunny. Happy trails!
David
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Good morning everyone. Happy Monday.
Nothing new to report. Just gonna work around the house. Maybe get to the gym. Too early for coffee. One of my two cats decided I was procrastinating feeding him at 4:30 am and woke me up. Couldn’t fall back asleep. Have a great day.
Attachments
93AA9C09-ADA5-433E-ADE2-9A7143E0FFAD.jpeg

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”