First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by dlr110 »

Good Morning Everyone.

I'm expecting a new knife and some display items to be delivered today. Cheryl has a doctor's appointment
and we have church tonight. Have a blessed day... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' folks and Happy Hump Day to you all. It is currently 72º and it is supposed to go over 100º today nd tomorrow. I have nothing in particular planned for the day so will wait and see what develops.
Hope you day is a dandy.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
MissouriGuerrilla

Post by MissouriGuerrilla »

A Sunny Good Morning to FCD and AAPK!

A very nice 76* here in the Missouri Ozarks with a high of 97*. BUT...we have a cool front on it's way that will drop the high tomorrow to 68*! ::ds:: Now THAT'S some good, I'm here to tell ya'!

Whippin' up some dishes, light vacuuming and definite laundry today. Then, more computer baseball and maybe some sittin' outside.

Y'all have a great hump day! Be safe, be careful and be alert!
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

101 record temp here yesterday, first time this year to hit 100. Today? Forecast high 68. Crazy.
Yesterday was Grandson’s 21st birthday, he lives with me. His mother and a couple of friends and relatives met at a local restaurant/bar for supper. His a-hole older 1/2 brother tried his darnest to get him drunk buying shots but Grandson handled it well. A loud NO! worked well. And me sitting next to him urging him to eat and drink plain pop.
Had a long phone conversation with my 91 yr old sister in California. Always great to catch-up with our lives.
Work today, need to get some stuff listed on eBay.
Have a great day!
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Howdy folks.
Coffee was good.
Work got me 6.26.
it be warm outside.
And I must mow the back yard.
Looking for the magic penny!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Just sitting here listening to the 3pm news on the radio, news report the my telco has had a security breech, emails, passwords etc., etc., have been breached. The telco was very quite about it, you think they would have the decency to let their customers know, if it wasn't for the news report i would not have known. Will just have to wait and see what happens. :x :x :x ::td:: ::td:: ::td::
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning friends, coffeee and work. 60-70 and a chance of thunder storms. Happy trails!
David
eveled

Post by eveled »

Good morning everyone.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Mornin'.
Heading to an estate sale here in a few.....didn't see any knives in the photos but ya never know.

BTW, if you didn't already know, you can check estate sales in your area on estatesales.net
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Off to work. It's getting colder each day and soon I'll need to dig out the long johns. Have a great Thursday.____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks.
Workday today, 64 this morning and 96 yesterday.
Dave, our long john days are usually limited to January and February. We don't know much about cold weather and how to dress properly for it. When I was gainfully employed, the fellers on the crew would come in looking like the Pillsbury doughboys on cold days. Soon after starting in on a project most everyone would lose their big coats and be back down to a long-sleeved shirt and their blue jeans. Outside work on those severe icy cold windy days were the most brutal, most folks couldn't work without a big coat and the big coat kept them from being really productive. We've only seen just a few really cold days, like down in the single digits since we moved to the Panhandle 49 years ago.
Miss Joy had no problems with going through her stress test yesterday, we'll get results next week.
Got my old Ford F-150 4 X 4"s brake problem taken care of, bad caliper on right front, new pads on both front wheels.
Venison meat loaf is on the menu for today.
I just heard, "The coffee is poured", y'all have a great day!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Good Morning Everyone.

Got a bit of a sore throat this morning so the coffee tastes and feels good going down.
Got a new CRKT Knife yesterday and I'll post some pictures in a bit. Working on knife
displays today. Have a blessed day.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Proper start to fall, 42 currently, high 65. The birds look cold, feathers all fluffed out and hungry.
Must have piddled the day away yesterday cuz sure don’t remember getting anything done.
Work today, must get taxes paid and some other bills.
Need to find some ambition, anybody have any extra?
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning.
It’s fall temps here today ! Went out to tend to the critters in my flip flops and T-shirt ( and pants! ) That’ll wake you up.
Dlr110 Dave, hope your sore throat gets better .
You fellas talking about long Johns got me to thinking about getting those and the early season bow hunting stuff out . Not seeing much color in the trees yet . Kind of slow morning here which is just fine as worked late on brakes and rotors last night . 300,000 miles on the old 2500 HD work truck . Been a good truck ,getting some rust but not bad for a 2006 . And the cost of a new one is just crazy .
Cudgee, what’s this you mention of a security breach at your place. Hope they didn’t get to anything serious!
Time to find some as breakfast the belly is a rumbling and had enough coffee. So till next time.
Take care ,enjoy what you can .
JP
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Boji wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:58 pm Proper start to fall, 42 currently, high 65. The birds look cold, feathers all fluffed out and hungry.
Must have piddled the day away yesterday cuz sure don’t remember getting anything done.
Work today, must get taxes paid and some other bills.
Need to find some ambition, anybody have any extra?
Ambition, hmm. Looking for some as well . Just one of those days!
JP
MissouriGuerrilla

Post by MissouriGuerrilla »

A Good Morning to FCD and AAPK!

It's a cloudy, rainy and cool morning here in the Missouri Ozarks and I must say it is very welcomed! We're looking at a high of 63* and the rain moving out about mid afternoon! We got a line of good rain and tstorms last night that dumped a pretty decent pouring that last a few hours.

Today's agenda, we go and meet the inspector at the new house to make sure a few things were followed through on. Then, back home to fritter away the night until bedtime.

Y'all have a great day! Be safe, be careful and be alert!
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' folks. I sort of put off making a post this morning as I had no news to report. Fall comes in sometime late today and we are once again facing 100º plus temps. I'll mostly stay inside where it is cool.
Hope your day is a good one.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

djknife13 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:49 am Good morning. Good luck at Webster Scott. Let me know if you find something I have to have. I'm off to work. Have a great week.____Dave
Sentcha a PM
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

My truck is a 99 model and being a Texas truck the paint is wasted on the hood and roof but no rust.
Coffee was good.
Check was fair.
Been working on the hard drive and will continue.
Looking for the magic penny!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

A wee bit early but I couldn't get back to sleep after my early morning head call, sooooo here I is. At least it gives me time to monkey around on AAPK for a while and then get ready for my busy morning. Haircut followed by a VA appointment. I don't know what I'll do with the rest of the day.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' Jerry and mornin' to the rest of the crew here in the FCD. It was 77º when I rolled out of the sack about 4:30 this morning. Like you, I have no clue what the day will bring other than a luncheon at church.
We ushered Fall in with a 98º temp yesterday and I 'spect it'll be about the same today.
I hope you all have a dandy day today,

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Mornin crew, work and not much else. 56-89 and chance of showers. Happy trails!
David
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Morning all, seems pretty quite on the home front over there. Enjoy your Friday and your coffee. :)
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

cudgee wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:37 am seems pretty quite on the home front over there.
You mean.....as opposed to protests in Melbourne? I have been reading up on Lidia Thorpe, whew! She would fit right in with some like minded in D.C. Then again, their strings are probably being pulled by the same people.
Ike
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks.
Like Ray we had 98 yesterday as a high, this morning we are looking at 69 degrees. At some point last night, a "stray" shower woke us up. It didn't last long but was very hard for a minute or two. I remember hearing the weatherman on the 10 pm news out of Panama saying there were a few showers up in Alabama moving south but they would play out before they got down to the beach. Some folks could sure use a rain and others not so much. Seeing lots of hay cut and peanuts inverted and some soybeans starting to lose their leaves. Cotton is still growing, and the cattle pastures are a bit too dry in my opinion. Looks like Invest 98 will bring some folks some rain in a few days. ::paranoid::
Coffee is ready, let's officially start Friday!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”