First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by philco »

Happy Easter everyone ! I'm taking my breathing treatments as I type (who says I can't multi-task?). I have church bus duty this morning so I've got to get an early start to be on time today. I'm hoping both my daughters and their "crew" will be at church today. It does my heart good when my kids and grandkids are all there. After church we will gather with my siblings at my aunts home for lunch. We only get together as a group a couple of times a year now so I'm looking forward to seeing everyone even though the house does get a bit crowded with so many there.

I hope each of you will spend a little time in prayer today thanking Jesus for what he's done for all of us. Be blessed. :)
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

The weather prognosticators are saying we're going to get into the high 70s today in my little corner of the Great Midwest. It was requested I make a Butter Pie as my contribution to the mid day meal so that's in the oven. It's been years since I've made one so ya'll keep your fingers crossed for me. I picked up a Cherry Pie at the grocery store just in case.

Y'all have a beauteous day.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning knifers ,Happy Easter, late to the diner this morning, much going on. Got everybody fed with pecan waffles, sausage and bacon, now I get to relax a minute with a fine cuppa joe. Cool 36 deg @ 5:21 a.m. already at 63 heading for 74. so say the guessers. Hope yawl have a good'un. ::handshake::
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good morning everyone, and a very Happy Easter!
I had a nice dinner with some of the family last night. Never did make it to the jam, but Vaisakhi was great and the knife meetup was small but I enjoyed it and got a Douk-Douk, the Tiki version, for a purse knife.
I hope everyone has a lovey day! I’m waiting to hear from the kids and then I’ll be off and at it.
Have a good and safe day everyone!
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Mornin'.

I'll put the coffee on. I'm heading out to Bevilles Corner Flea Market in a few.

It's a wonderful 56 degrees outside!! ::ds:: ::ds::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' Scott and mornin' to the rest of the group. It is a warm 66º here this morning and I'm bettin' on the 80s later today.
It is going to be a lazy day today with nothing on the agenda.
Hope you all enjoyed the Easter weekend and I hope you have a good day today. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks.
Got a 6 month regular doctor check up this morning at 8 this morning. Miss Joy reminded me last night I probably need to fast, so no coffee this morning and it smells so good! Looks like our weather will continue to be good until Thursday according to the "guessers", they've been pretty accurate last few weeks. ::uc::
This week our church has the Food Pantry duty so Miss Joy and I will take our turn this afternoon.
Scott is heading for a smaller flea market than the one at Webster. Bevilles market is on the same road but a few miles north of Webster, he ought to find a knife or two at that one. ::tu::
Ray your schedule sounds rather inviting! :lol:
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. It's raining here and just warm enough for it not to be snow. That's suppose to come later in the week. Our beautiful spring weather kind of went south on us half way through Easter Sunday. I'm off to tear out a hardwood kitchen floor to replace it with a new prefinished one, hopefully tomorrow , if the nasty weather doesn't convince the homeowner to wait until it gets nicer out. The neighbor that Jason and I built the house for this past winter, who's wife was in the nursing home, had moved her back in with him to their new house and she lasted about two weeks and passed away yesterday. The neighbor, Paul and I were good friends all through high school but kind of went our separate ways after. I suppose there will be a funeral some time this week to go along with the cold gloomy rainy weather. Have a good week. I'm thinking things will start looking better after we get Monday over with. ____Dave
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning knifers, beautiful spring morning temperature of 46 deg at 5:30 . heading to eighty. Grass don't really need cutting yet but may get it anyhow, the guessers are trying to get rain in here wed.,thur, and fri.and that's when I'd rather mow. Kinda wanting to chase that little white ball tomorrow. Oh well let's have another cuppa joe. Yawl have a great day. ::handshake::
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Morning folks. I'm getting booted out of my office in a bit. Carpet cleaners are coming and the Mrs. says it's time to clean up the carpet in here. I had a great day yesterday celebrating Easter. It' 56 and sunny right now, a beautiful spring morning. Breakfast is served. Have a great day !
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning, getting some coffee down. Was up late last night. Looks like another nice spring day. Not much planned for today. Happy trails!
David
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good morning everyone
Sorry to hear about your neighbour lady, Dave. I’m glad that she got to be home.
I’m at work. I had to come in to sort a couple of boxes of plastic. The boss said on Thursday that I could go after I finished. Two hours of bus for s half hour job?! No thanks, I’ll stay for the day and at least get a full pay check!
It’s raining but heading for a nice week. I’ll take it!
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Sunny here and little if any wind which is my preference. Oddly, I went to bed an hour earlier than normal yet slept two hours longer. Think I'll drive into town for no particular reason and will also try to soak up some sun and to generate some vitamin D; so important after the weak winter sun. Hope you all enjoy the day.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

I'll get the coffee going. Chance of rail today. Back to work today. Sure was nice to be off for a couple days. Happy trails!
David
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Mornin'.

Laundry today. Knife cleaning. Spoon making.
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' guys and gal. Sold some knives on the Bay last night so a post office run will be on the agenda. I may spend the day listing some more. Hot and humid today and storms tomorrow.
Hope you all have a knife day. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin'!
Looks like another fine day here in LA (Lower Alabama), 53 with sunshine, probably be in the mid 80s before it's over. Lots to do, just lookin' for the strength to do it. Big deal for the day will be celebrating Miss Joy's birthday. She was my best friends older sister all through school, a year ahead of us in school and for about 4 months, nominally she is 2 years older than me, I have fun with that. ::poke:: All in good fun, she's been my best friend for lots and lots of years.
Y'all have a blessed day!
Treefarmer

djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Looks to be a picture perfect day ahead with full sun and calm or no wind. It's 27 degrees now and the sun is shining half way across the bog lake behind my house erasing the light frost that developed overnight. The little pond in the backyard is lightly froze over and the barn roof is still frost covered, but it should warm up nicely in a couple hours. The job for yesterday fizzled but we picked up another one that I think we will do today. Otherwise I'll take down a few more dead trees and cut them up and get rid of some more of the leaves in the yard. That usually takes me through much of June to get done. Have a great Tuesday. ____Dave.......Phil, I see you snuck in. Tell Miss Joy Happy Birthday from Jane and I.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning knifers, 55deg in northern Tn. Got my grass, dandelions and wild onions.cut yestiddy, gonna go chase the little white ball around the pasture today. Yawl have a good'un. ::handshake::
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good morning everyone
I posted a happy birthday to Miss Joy over on her thread. I almost feel like she’s a member herself as we hear so much about her! TF, quick, go buy her a knife or two! Three is a collection, right?! :wink:
It’s cool and damp but not actually raining. Starting to break, in fact. Yay! With sunset at 8:15pm, I actually have time to enjoy it.
Oops, got to go to work.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Clouds are making the day a bit hazy; not quite the strong sun I favor. Maybe some rain in late afternoon. Wind 13 mph. Abundant Robins will evidently be nesting on the property as usual. Had to cut off all bird seed for a while to get rid of the excessive Grackles that invaded us this year.
Coffee is good today. Gave it a shot of Jack Danials. Good for the arteries. Unknown to many, Bourbon contains a high quantity of antioxidants.
Carry on.
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

There's that durn camel ... must be Wednesday again.

Went and renewed my pistol permit yestiddy. We have the option of doing
one, two or three years at a time. I went two this year.
Gives me twice as long to forget about the next renewal .... :lol:

Pots about done singin' is song. Y'all come and get it !
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Chris. Thanks for posting the picture yesterday from when y'all stopped by, Joy was pleased, made her birthday even better! She has her 6 month checkup this morning, so I'll just smell your coffee till she leaves, then I'll make a pot for the late comers. :) Here in the Sunshine State, the carry permits are issued for 7 years at a time. The weather looks to be changing, cloudy, a bit overcast, no sun this morning and 58 degrees, supposed to be raining some time tomorrow. Same as last week. :)
Y'all have a good hump day as Chris already reminded us!
Treefarmer

Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' Chris and Philip. Mornin' to the rest of the group. I woke up to lightning and thunder this morning. Last time I looked we have 100% rain chances today with possibility of hail. I saw photos yesterday of some big hail out in Midland. I lived in Midland for 4 years and they have some dandy hail out there.
It is 69º here this morning and headed for only the 70s today. I have to get out to go to the post office but otherwise I have nothing on the agenda.
Hope your day is good. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Our carry permit is for 5 years. I'm on my second one and still haven't actually used it to carry in public but sure like that option open. We didn't get any carpenter work done yesterday because my son worked on his truck all day. I got some yard work done. Today is suppose to have pretty good weather so I guess we'll see what develops. Have a great Wednesday. ____Dave

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”