First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin'.
Just got the coffee made, sorry about being late, we got interested in the Clemson/GA. baseball game last night. It went 20 innings, 50 strikeouts, 3-2 GA in the end. Tied 2-2 from the 7th, quite a game. Cloudy this morning, 54 degrees, they are forecasting another storm system similar to last Sunday. Supposed to be here Thursday night. Got the lawns mowed yesterday afternoon and tonight we are to attend a "viewing" at the funeral home for a 93 year old lady that we knew. Her funeral and burial will be in Tallahassee tomorrow and I suppose the family is having tonight's activity to accommodate some of us old folks who might not be able to make that trip.
Hope y'all have a great "hump day"!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I wonder where JP Dave is this morning. It's very unlike him to miss checking in, in the morning. It's Marquee day. I hope he didn't fall off that ladder and bust his noggin.

SS payday today so it's haircut day. My barber is ratcheting it down in preparation for retirement and is going to only work on Wednesday and Thursday until he pulls the plug and puts away his clippers for good. I was less than thrilled with the haircut I got last month while he was on a pre-retirement vacation. Sigh. Nothing ever stays the same.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good morning everyone
Going to be a wet start moving into a dryer day.
I got my Easter shopping done, finally! A chocolate item, Kinder Surprise, book and small toy for each kid, solid chocolate rabbit for the ‘adults’. Yep, still gotta get something for my kids and their SO’s !
Guess I better get moving. May add more later.
Have a good and safe day everyone!
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Oh oh! Is JPDave missing now too. Scott left on Friday to go to 4 rummage sales and hasn't been in the diner since. Here's a picture of my walking stick. It's too long yet but I can't figure out where to cut it off because it's nice all the way up. It probable will stay long. I used all three of these knives, two Kershaws and the Case sodbuster. ___Dave
Attachments
Diamond Willow and snow 006.JPG
Diamond Willow and snow 008.JPG
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Thanks for the picture Dave, that is a dandy. And 3 great knives as well. ::nod:: ::tu:: ::handshake::
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning knifers, great looking stick Dave. Well my post from yestiddy went wherever they go when you evidently don't hit the submit button. Any way I had polyp removed from my stomach yestiddy am doing fine, waiting for the biopsy report. Got the grass cut Monday so I don't have any pressing jobs to do, boss wants me to take it easy for a couple of days and I'm getting extremely good at that. Hope yawl have a good'un. ::handshake::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Lotta nice eyes in that one Dave. Just leave it a staff instead of cutting it down to a stick.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Oh lordy fellas....sorry....wife is outta town and well I been, well I don't know....LOL.

Just got back from the park, did some volunteering. They had wood planks and boards that needed to be up off the ground
so I made a knice piles with concrete blocks....and there ya go. I'm chillin' now...gotta eat.

::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Dave, that’s a great stick!
I have a fairly plain one that I cut and varnished. It comes in handy in the winter to stay upright. It also came in REAL handy last year when I didn’t. ::teary_eyes:: A walking stick is just cooler than a cane!
I wish we had wood like that here.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning, coffee seems to be working. Had some thunderstorms last night. Jerry hope you got a good haircut this yesterday. Now we're under a flood watch. Guess I need to quickly whittle out a canoe paddle so I can head out to work. :lol: Keep you powder dry!
David
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Mornin' folks....off to a moving sale and estate sale in a bit!!!

Looks like one last shot at cool weather Saturday with a high of 69 forecasted!! ::ds::
SCOTT

royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

nuttin' new in my little corner of the world.
Dry day, need to fix the screen door so we keep the d##m cats off the porch.

Later taters ......
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Dave, Scott and Chris.
Got the coffee brewing, starting to get light outside and it is work day. My friend that helps us on Thursdays is going to wear his electrician hat this morning, planning on repairing a meter pole that supplied power to another water well we have about a hundred yards north of our main well. The weather head was busted Michael went through and the meter pole is leaning at about 45 degrees. Have been paying a monthly minimum on that meter even though the power company's line are not hooked up. If I had canceled the service then to re-establish the service, I would have to go through a permitting and inspection by the county that would cost more than the minimum fee for the last 6 months. A FEMA contractor finally picked up our debris pile yesterday, took them about 3 hours to make 4 trips with a big truck and trailer to remove the debris from the yard that I've been working on for 6 months. Another round of bad weather is supposed to come through tonight as it did last Sunday.
Y'all have a blessed day!
Treefarmer

jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

80 and Sunny today.. Looks like a solo "Woods Wander" today as the wife has to work.. ::nod::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. We are almost through our last cold rainy spell and the Easter weekend should be nice. We had one nice day last week to tease us with spring weather. It's 38 degrees now and overcast, but the rain stopped. Jane says we are going to clean house today and I couldn't come up with a carpentry job, looks like that's what is on the schedule. Some of the kids are coming for ham on Sunday and my knife club is Saturday so I'm being careful to not rock the boat before then. We have church meetings last night, tonight and Good Friday service on Friday so it's going to be a busy few days before Easter weekend. Have a great Thursday. ____Dave
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

TripleF wrote:Mornin' folks....off to a moving sale and estate sale in a bit!!!

Looks like one last shot at cool weather Saturday with a high of 69 forecasted!! ::ds::
Well Scott, be sure and post your knife finds. I might need to buy another from you :lol:
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' gal and guys. Our storm that the weather men and women had scheduled for last night scarcely happened. Looks like about a half inch of rain with none of the hail they kept going on about, thank goodness.
I woke up with chest congestion and hacking and spitting. I hate to have it right here at Easter as I don't want to miss services. I'll call the sawbones here in a bit to see if I can get in to see him.
Hope you all have a good day. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

edge213 wrote:
TripleF wrote:Mornin' folks....off to a moving sale and estate sale in a bit!!!

Well Scott, be sure and post your knife finds. I might need to buy another from you :lol:

All I scored were axes pal.....stay tuned, maybe tomorrow!!
SCOTT

zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good morning everyone
How you feel better soon, Ray.
Pouring like a tap out there today. Work doesn’t seem so bad!
I got two invitations for Saturday. One is the local knife club’s breakfast meetup and the other is a family dinner. Guess I’ll miss the jam, but there’s still Friday.
I still don’t know if I’m going to work Monday. My wallet says yes, but my back says...uh, right. Got to keep it clean in here! :lol:

I sure hope the weather turns nice and everyone’s feeling well and happy for the coming weekend. I guess the church folks will be off to a Good Friday service tomorrow. I’m sort of thinking about showing up to my old one on Sunday. We’ll see.
Sigh. Lunch is almost over.
Have a good and safe day everyone!
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

'nother Friday and back to the salt mine. The evil cycle continues.

Still raining here. Lots of lighting last night.
Fortunately we were not part of the 49k in the state without power.
Put up a new rain gauge yesterday, too!

Welp the pot's done singing its song. FCD is open fer business ...
::handshake::
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

It was drizzling when I did the Marquee. It was raining HARD yesterday
this morning it's 55 according to my phone app and no rain is forecast.
Got a swell mug of coffee this morning.
Insanity is doing the same thing trying to get a different result.
I'm truly insane.
Looking for the magic penny!
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning, got a little rain last evening. Its 46 at the moment. Forecast of 67 and sun shine. Not much happening here. Happy trails!
David
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' David and mornin' to the rest of the crew. It is 58º and going to be in the 70s by the time day is done. Our family from Houston will likely be here sometime today. Haven't seen them in a while so I'll be glad to have them for a few days. :D
I am still coughing and spitting so I'll pretty much keep my distance. I did get some antibiotics yesterday so things should start getting better.
Hope you all have a blessed Good Friday.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. We are rising to beautiful sunshine with a picture perfect day ahead and the whole weekend is suppose to be nice. Of course, that's by our standards. It's 31 degrees and climbing to about 50 today which is my perfect. My wife is trying to scale back my enthusiasm by telling me we are spending the day housecleaning when clearly I'm going to need a nap to get all that done. She is still sleeping so lets not wake her yet. Good Friday service tonight and knife club meeting tomorrow (which is, I suppose, one good reason to help her get the house cleaned before tomorrow). Maybe I'll go clean the bathroom. Have a great Friday. I gotta go. ____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks.
The big part of the storm has passed us, still sprinkling, so far it has left 1.2" in the gauge and some branches on the ground. No power some time around 1:30 until about 3 am, we just got the coffee done and ready to sit down and see what's going on in the rest of the world.
Y'all have a good day and take time to remember what this special Friday commemorates.
Treefarmer

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”