First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
WillyCamaro

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by WillyCamaro »

cudgee wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:08 am
WillyCamaro wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:53 am
cudgee wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:40 pm
" Got the hump ", yes is attitude, getting into a bad mood if you don't get your own way, you know what i mean. And yes, we had our first decent dump of snow yesterday up in the high country and mountains. Reports of some snow falls in some of our lower lying country. You stay cool and have a good day, or what is left of it. :lol: ::tu::
::cb::

Ah mate, yer the gas!
::rotflol::
OUT, i told you yesterday you're barred for a month. ::watching_you:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol::
Oh fleuie! ::sot::

"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

WillyCamaro wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:43 am
cudgee wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:08 am
WillyCamaro wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:53 am

::cb::

Ah mate, yer the gas!
OUT, i told you yesterday you're barred for a month. ::watching_you:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol::
Oh fleuie! ::sot::

::tu:: :)
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

You'll have to get someone to open up, i'm bunkered down, have not been out all day, and doubt i will be going anywhere tomorrow. Bit fresh over here, i feel sorry for the businesses on the snow fields, after missing a whole season last year due to covid, they have had a really good dump over the last few days for the opening holiday weekend, but we have a snap lockdown and very few can travel up there. Hope the rest of the season is good for them. Enjoy your coffee. :)
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' folks and Cudgee, 'dump' must have a different meaning there than it does here. It is a warm 75º here with 89% humidity. We are still in thunder storm mode here, at least for the next few days.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning Ray. Morning to the rest of you.
Cudgee, got you covered today brother. Was reading up on your Country ,and found many interesting things. Lot of interesting history. Do you have a Kangaroo that climbs trees ? And your rabbit population is kept in check by the eagles, read they used to be bad in farmers crops etc. etc.
Willie, your Family up there are Farmers correct? How’s the year look for Farmers in Canada ?
Boji, what kind of Dog was under that ball of Fur ?
Louisville B ,how’d the Scout project go the other day?
Here in the Chippewa Valley it’s a bit hot and steamy,sounds like humidity will drop in next few days. It’s been a challenge working in this weather for some. This kind of blazing heat causes blow outs in the highways/ Interstates around here . We’ve had numerous Road closings ,detours because of it. Don’t know how the Concrete roads hold up down south? Maybe they use more blacktop than Concrete? Well,should get my new lawn grass watered,feed the critters and pack a lunch. Want to get rest of Fascia and Soffit up today at the addition job site b4 it gets to hot today,we did shady side yesterday and now it’s all sunny side stuff .
Big H and all of you that have been getting some rough weather,hang in there .
Time to get after it ,catch you all later, stay cool. ::tu::
JP
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin, FCD Patrons.
We are up a bit early, had our son spend the night with us. He has a job going on at Santa Rosa Beach that needed his attention so we got the benefit of having him take us out to supper last night and then watch FSU girls soft ball before bed time. He said the day traffic is terrible down along the coast.
Almost felt like getting ready to go to work again. Makes me realize how time is flying by. I've been retired 12 years, wow!
One thing about it, coffee is still good the first thing in the morning, y'all come on in a pour yourself a cup! ::handshake::
Have a good "hump day"! There I beat Chris to it. :)
We finally ended up with about an inch and a half of rain yesterday, very welcome in this part of the Panhandle.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Last night Jane heard a noise out on the back deck and was wondering what I was doing out there. I was almost asleep in bed. It wasn't me. She opened the door and a large Black bear had his nose to the window on the screen door. He has been around before but has never climbed the back stairs and peeked in the window before. She yelled"get out of here" and he just stood there with his nose to the window, probably looking for a handout. All the yelling did was did was to wake me and the two dogs sleeping by the bed. The two dogs trying to crash through the screen door that his nose was pressing against made him rethink his supper plans and he left. It took him a few second to go down the stairs, across the lower patio and climb down the stone wall around that so I got to see him before he wandered off. There isn't much for him to eat this early in the season and I'm sure he's hungry. I told my wife she should have made him a sandwich before he left. We waited a few minutes to let the dogs out so they would stop barking. I have another pastoral search committee meeting this morning. This is getting to look like it's going to be a longer process than last time. A number of churches in our area are searching. Last time we did this we had a number of ministers to pick from. It's a different world now. Have a great Wednesday. Our temps are getting a little more bearable with a high in the 80's.____Dave
Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 »

Ripster , thanks for asking. My grandson has completed building 2 of the 3 items for his Eagle Scout project without any injuries or loss of limbs or life (just trying to be funny). The remaining item is really only a repair for the non-profit agency. Here are a couple of pictures.
D68D460F-2323-4349-8FBA-86CFA2AE1625.jpeg
Attachments
F7543CCB-A97D-4F75-BC27-3B5E4F08178C.jpeg
DDA2AE44-BC83-42CE-91C4-BC6813C7F242.jpeg
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Ripster wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:04 am
Shadow is a black lab, Norwegian Elkhound cross. She weighs about 60 pounds but looks like 80 pounds because her coat is so thick. I'll be brushing out that much fur every couple of days for the next 2 weeks or so. Not to mention what I sweep up and vacuum up in the house.

Dave, my home church is searching for a new pastor as is my daughter's church in MN. Keep those bears up there in Northern MN, Iowans do like to come and hunt them but I wouldn't want to have one begging at my door. Just saw in the news the black bears are getting friendly in Eastern Iowa.

Another hot one here today.
Silicone didn't fix the leaky sink drain so off to Menards today for new connections. Hopefully it will be a DIY project.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

djknife13 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:43 am Good morning. Last night Jane heard a noise out on the back deck and was wondering what I was doing out there. I was almost asleep in bed. It wasn't me. She opened the door and a large Black bear had his nose to the window on the screen door. He has been around before but has never climbed the back stairs and peeked in the window before. She yelled"get out of here" and he just stood there with his nose to the window, probably looking for a handout. All the yelling did was did was to wake me and the two dogs sleeping by the bed. The two dogs trying to crash through the screen door that his nose was pressing against made him rethink his supper plans and he left. It took him a few second to go down the stairs, across the lower patio and climb down the stone wall around that so I got to see him before he wandered off. There isn't much for him to eat this early in the season and I'm sure he's hungry. I told my wife she should have made him a sandwich before he left. We waited a few minutes to let the dogs out so they would stop barking. I have another pastoral search committee meeting this morning. This is getting to look like it's going to be a longer process than last time. A number of churches in our area are searching. Last time we did this we had a number of ministers to pick from. It's a different world now. Have a great Wednesday. Our temps are getting a little more bearable with a high in the 80's.____Dave
MIght want to check with the local game warden to see if trap/remove is an option. Once a bear looses its fear of humans and starts trying to get into houses, it needs to be relocated before it does something that requires killing it.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Maybe I should go back to bed, just tried to make another cup of coffee with my Keurig, forgot to put cup there, Duh!
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

There is an Aussie that redoes Matchbox cars and he is a good dude!
Afternoon folks.
More yard sale stuff.
Got a bit under 6.5 today.
Gonna be a heck of a check.
Looking for the magic penny!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Boji wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:59 pm Maybe I should go back to bed, just tried to make another cup of coffee with my Keurig, forgot to put cup there, Duh!
Oh Dear. ::doh:: ::dang:: ::facepalm:: :)
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Ripster wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:04 am Morning Ray. Morning to the rest of you.
Cudgee, got you covered today brother. Was reading up on your Country ,and found many interesting things. Lot of interesting history. Do you have a Kangaroo that climbs trees ? And your rabbit population is kept in check by the eagles, read they used to be bad in farmers crops etc. etc.
Willie, your Family up there are Farmers correct? How’s the year look for Farmers in Canada ?
Louisville B ,how’d the Scout project go the other day?
Here in the Chippewa Valley it’s a bit hot and steamy,sounds like humidity will drop in next few days. It’s been a challenge working in this weather for some. This kind of blazing heat causes blow outs in the highways/ Interstates around here . We’ve had numerous Road closings ,detours because of it. Don’t know how the Concrete roads hold up down south? Maybe they use more blacktop than Concrete? Well,should get my new lawn grass watered,feed the critters and pack a lunch. Want to get rest of Fascia and Soffit up today at the addition job site b4 it gets to hot today,we did shady side yesterday and now it’s all sunny side stuff .
Big H and all of you that have been getting some rough weather,hang in there .
Time to get after it ,catch you all later, stay cool. ::tu::
Lookin purty good so far mate. We got the rain we desperatly needed, going on about 3-weeks ago now. And yesterday-through-this-moring we received a nice shower. Everything is shooting up good, right across the area.
Especially for the ranchers, they were in a tough situation. We should hold for a good month now, just have to keep an eye on the bugs.
::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

We are open for business, all the usual fair available. ::tu:: We have had a brute of a night and day here, 75MPH winds, rain, up to 8 inches in some locations, floods, power outages and general turmoil, nature is a force when she wants to be. Ray, we also have the meaning of dump of which you speak. :roll: :lol: And JP, we do have tree climbing Kangaroos, would not put too much faith in the amount of rabbits that eagles take, they do take rabbits don't get me wrong, but not enough to make a dint in the rabbit population. Before the introduction of man introduced diseases they were completely out of control, and cost farmers a fortune. There was about a 20 year period where men left their jobs and went and shot or trapped rabbits, you could make more money, and a lot more if you were any good at it. Even in my time, we could go out and shoot 100+ rabbits, on a hunting trip, and that is in a day or night if we were spotlighting. Hope you all have a good day, enjoy the company and your coffee. ::handshake:: ::tu::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Louisville.Boy1947 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:12 pm Ripster , thanks for asking. My grandson has completed building 2 of the 3 items for his Eagle Scout project without any injuries or loss of limbs or life (just trying to be funny). The remaining item is really only a repair for the non-profit agency. Here are a couple of pictures. D68D460F-2323-4349-8FBA-86CFA2AE1625.jpeg
Great looking tool collection on the back board, that looks like how my Dad kept his tools. He liked to know where everything was, and if you used one and did not put it back in it's place-"well- you just didn't. " :)
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Mornin crew, enjoying a good cup of coffee getting ready for work. 76-92 and sunny. Seems summer has finally arrived. Happy trails!
David
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' Cudgee and David. Mornin' to the rest of the folks here in FCD. It is a warm 75º here and the humidity is down a little at 86%. Yesterday my car thermometer said it was 97º when I was out and about. Nuthin' much on the agenda for today.
I hope you all have a good one today. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Been raining domesticated animals off and on all week. Grass is gonna be
knee-deep before I can cut it again. Suppose that's better than drought and fires . . . .

So, nuttin' special for today; a visit to my bone cracker, wally world, and laundry.
Probably a nap later . . . :mrgreen:

Have a grand pre - Friday dude and dudettes
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning , Coffee is good,good seeing folks stop by , hope you all are doing well.
Cudgee, that’s some weather you got over there , stay dry and safe. Thanks for feedback regarding the tree Kangaroo and your Rabbits. 100 Rabbits in one trip,that’s crazy. Am lucky to get one around here,with a dog even . You take care over there and watch out for flash floods
Boji, that’s a good size Dog,probably not spoiled at all. Our pets are important. We had to put our dog down last August , sure miss him. Maybe get another this winter,will see. Enjoy your time with each other .
Willie, Farming is a tough gig, so weather dependent,give you all credit. And Thanks for helping to feed our Communities. You all don’t get enough credit.
L boy, that’s a talented young man there. It’s neat that he’s that into it . You must be a proud G pa . Thanks for sharing the pics .
Well it’s Thursday already ,lot going on ,finish siding projec5 this week,still have our back yard tore up and topsoil piles showing up. And we have our local Car Club show Saturday,so Brother Jeff wants to take 4 Cars, so that means a bunch of polishing on the Winton ,Packard , and the Locomobile. We just got the locomobile, took it out ,runs out good,but needs a going over.
Need to get rolling to beat the heat a bit. You all stay safe,comfortable,enjoy your day
Attachments
F683995B-174B-422A-8AD7-C87B93C2FC6D.jpeg
5173A3B5-5A08-4272-B300-041326890F91.jpeg
3003316B-2ED0-4514-8B26-71DC25C95B66.jpeg
9EC49774-4415-410F-802A-6C08A3A4DA23.jpeg
456E4181-6652-4522-BA15-EE44FB012620.jpeg
AA55F05F-CD43-4E82-9F85-6649C6227352.jpeg
JP
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Still high and dry around here. No bears for one whole day and the heat has backed off a little. Jp. Nice. It's been a long time since I had any vehicle worth washing, much less showing. Off to the kitchen remodel. have a great Thursday.____Dave
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you!!
JP those are some beautiful automobiles. High today in the low 90's with a matching humidity.
Got some more knife work to do in the shop so that's where I'll be part of the day.
Everyone have a blessed day and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks!
Always interesting here on the FCD, from rabbits to Locomobiles. ::tu::
Work day today, and Miss Joy says she is cooking some rutabagas for dinner. She usually peels them and then I get to do the knife work, making them into little 1/2 inch cubes. I kinda' doubt I can do much on that project this go around with my shoulder brace and "restrictions". :( She also has some baking hens and I know there will be some sort of greens, cornbread and iced tea come about noon time. ::tu::
Went a day without rain, hit 90 yesterday. Looks to be rain showers in the forecast for 7 days beginning tomorrow. Typical Florida weather. I sure feel sorry for all the farmers who are experiencing the extreme rainfalls being recorded up in Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, etc. Tough time of the year for so much water. Keep those folks in your prayers.
Miss Joy has the morning coffee ready so the day has officially started. Have a great day.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Ripster wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:45 am Morning , Coffee is good,good seeing folks stop by , hope you all are doing well.
Cudgee, that’s some weather you got over there , stay dry and safe. Thanks for feedback regarding the tree Kangaroo and your Rabbits. 100 Rabbits in one trip,that’s crazy. Am lucky to get one around here,with a dog even . You take care over there and watch out for flash floods
Boji, that’s a good size Dog,probably not spoiled at all. Our pets are important. We had to put our dog down last August , sure miss him. Maybe get another this winter,will see. Enjoy your time with each other .
Willie, Farming is a tough gig, so weather dependent,give you all credit. And Thanks for helping to feed our Communities. You all don’t get enough credit.
L boy, that’s a talented young man there. It’s neat that he’s that into it . You must be a proud G pa . Thanks for sharing the pics .
Well it’s Thursday already ,lot going on ,finish siding projec5 this week,still have our back yard tore up and topsoil piles showing up. And we have our local Car Club show Saturday,so Brother Jeff wants to take 4 Cars, so that means a bunch of polishing on the Winton ,Packard , and the Locomobile. We just got the locomobile, took it out ,runs out good,but needs a going over.
Need to get rolling to beat the heat a bit. You all stay safe,comfortable,enjoy your day
Hey JP.. Need any drivers?? I will be right over.. ::ds:: Real nice selection of vehicles!! Have FUN you lucky dog!!! ::nod:: :lol: :lol: ::nod::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Ripster wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:45 am Morning , Coffee is good,good seeing folks stop by , hope you all are doing well.
JP, here are some photos of how bad our rabbit plague was back in the forties and fifties.
nma-45806631-001-wm-vs1-1400.jpg
Rabbits_in_Warren.jpg
images.jpg
images.jpg (15.93 KiB) Viewed 1189 times
Waiting to load live rabbits onto a train.
Rabbits waiting to be loaded onto a train..jpg

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”