First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' folks here in the Diner. Another fun day here in Central Texas. Scott, sorry about the loss of your wife's uncle.
Went in yesterday and got a big dose of nitrogen on a stubborn spot on my jaw. Doc says not to worry, it'll fall off.
Still hot and dry here with a few small, scattered thunderstorms. Without a tropical storm off the Gulf, we will likely not have a general rain until dove season in September.
Hope your day is a good one.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks.
Watering detail this morning, had coffee earlier and we are trying to keep the plants in the yard happy. I'm going back out and harvest a bunch of Banana Peppers and get in the pickled pepper mode later today. We just don't do much outside after dinner (noon meal) any more.
Y'all have a wonderful Friday!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you all!!
I agree the coffee is very good this morning. I started packing my knives that are in display cases last evening, do you know how long it's going to take me to properly pack my whole knife collection? ::dang:: At my last inventory count I have 870 folding and fixed blade knives. :shock: Cheryl keeps asking where am I going to put all of them in the new house because it's going to be smaller. That's why I buying the second barn (Man Cave). I better get started again, everyone have a great Friday and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡🔥 critters are all fed and I didn't have to do any dishes cause I went out and got breakfast. To hot to cook don't want to heat up the kitchen
Gonna get dinner at Hooters with my buds and try to stay cool the rest of the day.
Finished cutting the grass yestiddy, so got that layed by for another week or so. Yay
Yawl have a good'un and be careful out there and don't forget to stay hydrated. ::handshake::
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Got a break from heat yesterday and today but came with the smoke from the Canadian wildfires. Traveled 100 miles into south central MN (Mankato) to an outdoor concert Late afternoon the visibility was only 1/2 mile at times. Thankfully wasn’t as bad by concert time.
Still hanging around today

Work at the shop today. Will be a long day after a short night. Need plenty coffee and Mountain Dew for later.
Be good humans
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Morning folks.
Time seems to stop on Thursday and Friday.
Was all I could do to get a wee bit over 5.5 hours.
Coffee was pretty good.
Just put yellow wheels on a Red Volvo wagon for the Lady's grandchild or children
Messing with pennies.
Looking for the magic penny!
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Afternoon Y'all

Having a cup after a brief nap post-work. Gonna be a short weekend as I have OT Sunday night.
Gonna be a lot of that in the foreseeable future ...

We have lost two good men at work this week. Kevin A. passed Sunday (don't know details) while on leave for shoulder surgery.
And Bob C. passed in his sleep last night. I don't know details there, either, but he'd been sick awhile.
Two good men that will be hard to replace . . . .

Intend to stay in and outta the heat. Yawl be safe
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Woo Hoo! it is raining! And the best kind, steady and straight down. And 65 degrees. ::ds:: ::ds::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Boji wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:40 pm Woo Hoo! it is raining! And the best kind, steady and straight down. And 65 degrees. ::ds:: ::ds::
Woo Hoo, send her down Hughie. Morning fellow diners hope you all have a good weekend, and enjoy your first coffee. ::tu::
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' Cudgee and mornin' to the rest of the patrons of the FCD. It is a warm 76º here this morning and with 84% humidity. I spect it'll be near 100º this afternoon. We have the Houston branch of the family here last night and today. My daughter and her two children,, although one already has a master's degree and will soon be headed off to Seattle to join Microsoft and the other is in the local university studying chemical engineering. 8)
Hope your day is a dandy.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning Ray and cudgee and all who follow. I'm off to work on the bookstore. This volunteer weekend work is a little tough after a rather brutal week of metal roofing steep roofs, but it beats spending weekends taking naps. I do have to mow the lawn too but that will wait. have a great weekend.____Dave
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you all!!
I've got about half of my knives packed up so today the task continues. Everyone enjoy your coffee, have a great weekend and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks
Ray, we are having the same readings this morning, 75 degrees and 84% humidity but we haven't been getting much past the mid 90's for actual teperature. The "feel like" temperature has been on up there above 100 several days. I think folks got out and did more back when we didn't hear about heat index and wind chill.
I guess it's still winter time on the other side of the earth below the equator. Cudgee, keep us posted on your weather conditions.
Dave, keep on and you're going to work yourself out of a job! ::poke:: Glad you're able to keep after it!
David get them knives packed up so you can keep an eye on them during the moving process.
Got the coffee made and Miss Joy finally rolled out. I had forgotten there is a funeral today for a lady who was 100 years old that used to be a member of our church many years ago. We might try to go to that, the service is south of us down toward Panama City. ::hmm::
Got a grocery sack of big, mature Banana Peppers picked yesterday to turn into some pickled peppers sometime today. Good job for a summer day.
Y'all be safe out there, whatever you are doing!
Treefarmer

cudgee

Post by cudgee »

How are the Tomato's going over there, must be someone growing them. You cannot eat the rubbish they sell here at the moment. I will be planting some seeds this week hopefully. ::tu::
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning fellas,Boji , and those looking in .
Cudgee, how long do you keep your seeds indoors before the weather permits you too put them out. Are you doing Tomatoes ?
Treefarmer, heat indexes and wind chills,we never heard about heat indexes as kids . But when your eyelids freeze open you found out about -30 wind chill in a hurry . Stay cool down there. How the heck is the Shoulder doing ? You have good ,full use of it?
Well today is pretty mellow, we both slept in a bit and aren’t moving to fast . We’ve usually been to Farmers Market by now ,and had our Cheese Curds. A Wisconsin Saturday tradition in a way for some of us . Kind of like the Friday night Fish Fries , almost every Restaurant,Bar ,Diner has fresh fish fry on Friday nights up here . Some of the best have ever tasted is up in a place in the middle of no where north of Couderay by the cabin . Now that I’m hungry for fish will have to get a bag of filets out of the freezer and fry em up with some shore lunch batter.
Be Safe out there folks,enjoy your Day, catch up with you all later ::tu::
JP
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

cudgee wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:17 pm How are the Tomato's going over there, must be someone growing them. You cannot eat the rubbish they sell here at the moment. I will be planting some seeds this week hopefully. ::tu::
Forgot to mention in my previous post .
Cudgee,my Friend the Tomatoes here are doing well . The Strawberry crop wasn’t the best. And now been hearing the Apple trees are struggling . One Orchard had to water and some other things for the first time in there 106 year old family business . The Corn and beans in the fields looks good and healthy.
Take care ,think Spring ::tu::
JP
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡still hot but not supposed to be as bad as the last few days.
Critters are all fed and the dishes warshed and put away, except for the hummers that is, they are needing fresh juice.
Trash day but I doubt I'm gonna get to it today my nephew is coming to help me figure up the lumber needs for a little building project we got going.
Yawl have a good'un and be careful out there. ::handshake::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Ripster wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:31 pm
cudgee wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:17 pm How are the Tomato's going over there, must be someone growing them. You cannot eat the rubbish they sell here at the moment. I will be planting some seeds this week hopefully. ::tu::
Forgot to mention in my previous post .
Cudgee,my Friend the Tomatoes here are doing well . The Strawberry crop wasn’t the best. And now been hearing the Apple trees are struggling . One Orchard had to water and some other things for the first time in there 106 year old family business . The Corn and beans in the fields looks good and healthy.
Take care ,think Spring ::tu::
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: Love a home grown tomato, one of the joys of life. ::sotb:: :lol:
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Slept in this AM and barely got to work on time. Part of getting old.
This is the 2nd busiest weekend of the summer here at the Lakes, Wooden Boat Show, Corvette Show, opening weekend of 9 day Bible Conference, several free concerts, Kick Off to Sturgis at the Indian Motor shop, Most of the smoke/haze has cleared for now. Beautiful day! Too bad I had to work :( :(
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Evening folks.
Made a marathon trip to Livingston Walmart and Tractor Supply.
Been taking pics and posting diecast stuff.
Looking for the magic penny!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Seeing as though it is Sunday thought i should get in early and open up for those attending church. It is Yorkshire day in England, so using that for an excuse to have a very unhealthy breakfast, a " Chip Butty ". White bread, butter, chips and some salt. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. ::tu::
IMAG0580.jpg
IMAG0581.jpg
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Short weekend leading into a very long week. Ol' salt mine been kinda rough lately.
But, I'll start a two week vacation next Monday . . .
:mrgreen:

Yawl have a grand day
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Coffee's on, church in a few hours, a 95th birthday party for a lady from the church after, and Creation series video tonight at church. Maybe a nap between sometime this afternoon. have a great Sunday.____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin'! Thanks for opening the doors so early, Cudgee! Me and you are going to need to talk about your diet. ::poke:: Chips are fried potatoes as far as I can determine over in that foreign land, so you are eating fried 'taters, light bread with butter and salt. ::hmm:: At least you recognize it as an unhealthy breakfast! Tell us more. ::handshake::
It is indeed time almost time for church in a couple of hours. Coffee is being poured as we hunt and peck.
Dave the 95th birthday is a special time, it's good to support the old folks (look who's talkin'). On the other side of the coin we attended a celebration of life yesterday for a lady that 100 years, 6 months and one day on this ol' earth before she met her maker. Quite a nice tribute!
Chris, don't get any binds now as you a prepare for the up coming two week vacation. I know you must be looking forward to those days.
We had 0.3" of thunder shower yesterday evening right before dark, much welcomed!
Hope all the FCD folks have a wonderful day.
Treefarmer

Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Mornin guys and gal. I have already done my church prep but I have a couple hours to kill before hand. Our guest list has expanded somewhat in that one of granddaughter's school roommates needed a a place to crash so we have her in the front bedroom. Then our son has decided to drive here from Seattle and he should be in early today. This will be a nice reunion as we haven't seen him in a couple of years. :D
Hope you all have a blessed day.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”