First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
bighomer

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by bighomer »

Morning knifers, a little rain overnight cool drizzly morning at 47 deg. Drs.app. 3 month checkup today and a grocery run is about all that's happening around here. Yawl have a good'un. ::handshake::
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good morning everyone
It’s overcast, heading for sun. I’m still in bed! I slept nearly ten hours. I guess all that lifting caught up with me.
I don’t really have a plan for the day. I need to dye, getting that skunk stripe, but after that, I’m all free! There’s the jam tonight but that’s not until 8:00.
Tomorrow I’m meeting up with some local knifers for breakfast and show and tell, then the Surrey Vaisakhi celebrations, then an early Easter dinner with the relatives! I may try to hit the last hour of the Saturday jam.
Good thing I got a lot of sleep today!
Surrey’s Vaisakhi parade is a big deal. This area has the biggest population of Indian people outside of India, mostly here in Surrey. Vaisakhi is one of their big days, along with Dhawali. The way it’s set up, is that the actual parade part just sort of meanders up 128 St, in amongst the crowd. Oh, what a crowd! You can barely move up the street. On both sides, tents and booths are set up, giving away food. It may be just a bag of chips or bottled water or a may be a plate with a full Indian meal. I do like my Indian food, although I’m a total wimp about spice. Most of it is geared to cater to visitors. It’s mostly Indian people, of course, but everyone is welcome and you do see a lot of other cultures there. They have one of the travelling carnivals set up too, with rides, so everyone has fun. There’s music, Bhangra performances with Indian dancing and the two Indian local radio stations have stages with speakers blaring. It’s loud and chaotic and a whole lot of interesting!

Guess I better crawl out!
Have a good and safe day everyone!
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Hi, this cup of coffee seems to be working. Looks like another nice spring day around these parts. Hope you'uns have a good day.
David
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. I'm multitasking, which I'm lousy at, getting dressed, browning sausages for breakfast and typing here, Oh yeah and drinking coffee. I'll probably spill the coffee. Knife Club in a few hours and that's two hours away so I gotta run. Have a great Weekend. ____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', David and Dave.
Woke up to 47 degrees, a cool north wind and no clouds for now. ::tu:: Our son, his wife and the almost 3 year old grandson are making a day trip to see us today, looking forward to spending several hours with them today and of course having a big meal with them. ::tu:: Got to put some fuel in the 4X4 tractor and clean all the tools of the golf cart so we can ride today. :)
Hope everyone has a great Saturday!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

66 here in WCFLA!!!

Heading outside as soon as possible.... ::ds::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' gal and guys. It is a cool 50º here this morning. Going to be about 80º later today. The daughter, grand daughter and sil are here for an Easter visit and it sure is good to see 'em. We'll visit mostly today, go to church in the morning and then they'll take off for home in Houston. Daughter said traffic from Houston was occasionally stop and go coming here yesterday so they will get an early jump on it tomorrow.
Hope you all have a good day today. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Ray, seems to me that it is always twice as far going to Houston as it is leaving Houston.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Just stopped by the diner to get a cup of coffee and get out of the snow. Yes, snow. And its heavy enough so that it is beginning to build up on the trees. Stay safe and warm.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Quick Steel wrote:Just stopped by the diner to get a cup of coffee and get out of the snow. Yes, snow. And its heavy enough so that it is beginning to build up on the trees. Stay safe and warm.

Say it ain't so Garry, say it ain't so! ::paranoid::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Would that I could say it wasn't snow. At first I thought it was just sleet but the flakes have gotten bigger and they are not quickly melting; they are melting slowly. Snow is only sticking around for a while on certain patches of ground and on some cedars. Still, I am surprised at the fluffy size of the snowflakes.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

The wife and I are headed out for a 'Woods Wander" in between the rain showers.. ::ds:: Sun, rain.. Repeat today!! ::facepalm:: :lol:
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good morning everyone
Well, it’s looking pretty good out there. Overcast, but heading for sun. I’m off to the knife club then Vaisakhi, then the family dinner, then hopefully the last hour of the jam. Whew!
I got all the way to the pub last night and found locked doors! The Vaisakhi celebration is just a few blocks over and every Indian in Surrey was there putting up tents and getting the food going. There’s some kind of temple across from the pub and I saw lots of people with styrofoam plates. I guess they were doing a dinner. I think the bus will be running by the time I’m trying to get there. It’ll shut down partway up all day.
I’m getting hungry just thinking about it! The news was just talking about it. The fellow being interviewed was emphasizing the idea that the celebration is open to everyone. They expect about 500 food tent and around 500,000 people!
I better get going.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning knifers, wow Zoogal that's a bunch of people no way I'm getting in a crowd that size for anything. They expecting between 3 and 4 hundred thousand in Nashville for the NFL draft. You can't get hotel room for 50 miles around so I'm hearing. Anyway it's cold rainy morning here, been raining on and off and for over 24 hours.ugh. Trash needs to get to the dump and a few item bought at the store that we forgot yestiddy. Think I'll have another cuppa joe and contemplate that for awhile. Yawl have a good'un. ::handshake::
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Quick Steel wrote:Just stopped by the diner to get a cup of coffee and get out of the snow. Yes, snow. And its heavy enough so that it is beginning to build up on the trees. Stay safe and warm.
You guys must be doing something wrong. Up here in the frozen Northland, it's 70 degrees and beautiful sunshine. I still have snow in my backyard from winter, but enough of it is gone that I'm starting to rake leaves. ____Dave
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Mornin' folks!

Coffee's on....and biscuits too!!

Mission at 0900 then niece's in the afternoon for food and nap!!

Have a great day!
SCOTT

Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' Scott and mornin' to the rest of the group. It already 58º here this fine, Easter mornin' and will be in the 80s later today. I have usher duty this month so I've already done my run through in the shower and such.
Hope you all have a Blessed Day today. ::pray::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', It's a cool 42 degrees this morning in the Florida Panhandle. Miss Joy and I have decided it is too much for old folks to attend all the activities at church today, Sunrise Service at 7, breakfast at 8, Sunday school at 9:30 and regular church at 10:30, so we are on the "regular Sunday schedule" for this Resurrection Day's services. We'll be there for S.S and church.
Had a great day with some of the family yesterday, the 3 year old wore Granddaddy down to a nub, riding on the tractor and the golf cart. Our son helped us get a big heavy hanging limb out of an Oak tree that was threating to fall since the October hurricane. Such limbs will be falling for a while and they can be dangerous.
Y'all have a wonderful Easter Day!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good Easter morning. Phil, you could come up here to warm up. We are 2 degrees warmer than you. We have breakfast at church around 8:30 followed by our regular service time. I have to get the ham in to heat up while we are at church and then several of the kids are coming for dinner. Have a blessed and meaningful Easter Sunday. ____Dave
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Good morning, it is a beautiful morning here in the wheat state. 60 degrees and headed to 83. Bright sunshine and no clouds in sight. Going over to mom's for a family dinner this afternoon. Got a nice cup of coffee to get started with. Have a blessed day and happy trails!
David
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Happy Easter everyone ! I'm taking my breathing treatments as I type (who says I can't multi-task?). I have church bus duty this morning so I've got to get an early start to be on time today. I'm hoping both my daughters and their "crew" will be at church today. It does my heart good when my kids and grandkids are all there. After church we will gather with my siblings at my aunts home for lunch. We only get together as a group a couple of times a year now so I'm looking forward to seeing everyone even though the house does get a bit crowded with so many there.

I hope each of you will spend a little time in prayer today thanking Jesus for what he's done for all of us. Be blessed. :)
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

The weather prognosticators are saying we're going to get into the high 70s today in my little corner of the Great Midwest. It was requested I make a Butter Pie as my contribution to the mid day meal so that's in the oven. It's been years since I've made one so ya'll keep your fingers crossed for me. I picked up a Cherry Pie at the grocery store just in case.

Y'all have a beauteous day.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning knifers ,Happy Easter, late to the diner this morning, much going on. Got everybody fed with pecan waffles, sausage and bacon, now I get to relax a minute with a fine cuppa joe. Cool 36 deg @ 5:21 a.m. already at 63 heading for 74. so say the guessers. Hope yawl have a good'un. ::handshake::
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good morning everyone, and a very Happy Easter!
I had a nice dinner with some of the family last night. Never did make it to the jam, but Vaisakhi was great and the knife meetup was small but I enjoyed it and got a Douk-Douk, the Tiki version, for a purse knife.
I hope everyone has a lovey day! I’m waiting to hear from the kids and then I’ll be off and at it.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Mornin'.

I'll put the coffee on. I'm heading out to Bevilles Corner Flea Market in a few.

It's a wonderful 56 degrees outside!! ::ds:: ::ds::
SCOTT

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”