Guns & Gun Related Stuff

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
zp4ja

Re: Guns & Gun Related Stuff

Post by zp4ja »

Hey TF,

Thanks!

Crazy times we are living in. Rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Hope life is well. Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
espn77

Post by espn77 »

Jerry, you better be careful. People start thinking you a country bumpkin redneck!!!!!!! Awesome truck. Just the way they should be.
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Nope my friend. Just a grown up boy scout. Be prepared. If you pay attention, zombie apocalypse has already started in January 2021.
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Jerry, do you have the onboard generator?
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Yes Boji. Several.

They generate lead and copper at anywhere between 1000 and 3000 fps in a straight line.

If that was a serious question my friend , no. It does have 110 outlets.
That would be nice. Not sure if new Raptors offer that but this one is a 2017.
She has heated rear seats. That might come in handy though. Really love this truck and all joking aside, the stuff I pictured for a shooter or Outdoorsman of which I am both is top notch. No crap in console. Everything in quick grasp.

Glad to make your acquaintance. Regards, Jerry
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Yes, that was a serious question but I didn’t remember that you said it was a 2017 model. The onboard generator became an option on the 2021 models.
Ford got a lot of free publicity from people using them during the big power outages in Texas last winter.
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

My apologies.
The 2017 Raptor does have two 400 watt AC outlets that will power some household stuff. Frig, TV, etc. Think the newer F'150 have a 2000 watt capacity but not sure about Raptor options. Could be wrong.
Regardless, not sure whole houses were powered as they advertised. Depends on the load.
Better than nothing. Handy to have.. Wish I did. That is certain.
Jerry
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

zp4ja wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:19 am Hey TF,

Thanks!

Crazy times we are living in. Rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Hope life is well. Jerry

Really hot setup, Jerry! My last firearm purchase was for the same reason. 😉👍
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Thanks John. Appreciate the comment. I like the quick access and great storage. The Raptor is a "screw" aka Super Crew Cab as they call them so legroom is still ample with all the pouches.
At 450 hp 3.5 liter twin turbo with 10 speed transmission, she is scary quick and fast. Merge from on ramp at 100 mph, no problem. Getting air is fun as well. 19 mph on highway at 80 mph and drives like a Caddy.

Enough of truck talk. As far as guns stuff goes, I want to add a electronic gun lock from Santa Cruz Gun Locks in the DU-HA lock box under rear seat. Have six factory "up fitter" toggle switches in overhead console in lieu of a aftermarket install. Flip a switch or combo of switches, gun lock opens with ten seconds timer before re-locking. Manual key override in case of power loss. I support Sheriff LEO vehicles equipment (and 911 Dispathers) as part of my job so it is an easy install. Just takes money.

Already dropped a sizable amount for what I have in there. Will see.

Anyone have a Benelli M Series Semi Auto shotgun? Be interested to hear your thoughts. Would like to upgrade from the Mossberg 500 pump but I love the tang safety as I am left eye dominant, right handed. Only thing I do lefty is shotgun and rifle and even if non ambidextrous, I figure it out.

Jerry
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Jerry I like that set up!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Thanks Wade.

I find it handy.

Lots of guys locally that see it think the same.

Hope life is well for you and yours my friend.

Regards, Jerry
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

zp4ja wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:06 am Regardless, not sure whole houses were powered as they advertised. Depends on the load.
Better than nothing. Handy to have.. Wish I did. That is certain.
Jerry
Another misleading aspect of that advertising - most of those trucks, around here anyway, are diesel. And very few folks in Texas have engine block heaters. Those diesel trucks were not running during that cold spell as the diesel fuel was too thick for the fuel pumps/injectors to function. Even if you happened to have an engine block heater, in most areas there was no electricity to use it. ::dang:: One of my neighbors has several diesel trucks - he could only get one of them started. But it died before he got out of the driveway and wouldn’t start again for several days.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:28 pm
Another misleading aspect of that advertising - most of those trucks, around here anyway, are diesel. And very few folks in Texas have engine block heaters. Those diesel trucks were not running during that cold spell as the diesel fuel was too thick for the fuel pumps/injectors to function. Even if you happened to have an engine block heater, in most areas there was no electricity to use it. ::dang:: One of my neighbors has several diesel trucks - he could only get one of them started. But it died before he got out of the driveway and wouldn’t start again for several days.

Ken
We drove an F350 diesel for 12 years in Iowa winters, temps 20-30 below. Never gelled up. Only plugged in if temps were -10 or colder.
Keep the glo plugs in good shape and the key.... Winter grade fuel. I assume that Texas stations don't change the fuel mix.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Boji wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:13 pm
Mumbleypeg wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:28 pm

Ken
We drove an F350 diesel for 12 years in Iowa winters, temps 20-30 below. Never gelled up. Only plugged in if temps were -10 or colder.
Keep the glo plugs in good shape and the key.... Winter grade fuel. I assume that Texas stations don't change the fuel mix.
I’m sure that’s the case. Diesel fuel untreated with cold weather additives begins to gel at around 10 degrees F. I can only remember a couple of times in my lifetime when temperatures here were that cold (and until last February that was an overnight low, never for more than a few hours). So I doubt they ship diesel having cold weather additives to Texas (unless it’s to Amarillo). :lol:

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

I was wondering if any of you AAPKers shoot the 209 X 50 muzzle loaders? I have a barrel for my TC Encore rifle in that caliber. However I have run into a big problem with mine and in fact may have ruined the barrel. All of you who shoot muzzle loaders know the importance of making certain that your bullet is rammed down tight against the powder. I was using a plastic sabot made to use with .490" roundballs. I loaded the powder, and then the sabot with the roundball down tight on top of the powder. But I think what happened is that when I went to lay the gun horizontal on the benchrest, the round ball rolled ahead part way down the barrel. When I touched the shot off, nothing out of the ordinary was felt. However when I ran a cleaning patch down the bore before the next shot, I could feel that I had put a "ring" in the barrel. The ring is 16 3/4" ahead of the breech end. I guess one solution would be to cut and crown the barrel to 16 1/2" and make a pistol out of it. I am wondering if it is safe to shoot this barrel now?
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

Picked this old timer up recently. Colt 1903 Type 3 in 32 ACP. Made in the early 20's. One of those bucket list guns for me. Its been reblued but in nice shape besides that.
Attachments
1903 lll  right side a.jpg
1903 lll left side b.jpg
steve99f
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Very nice pistol!!!

It sure looks to be in great shape!

::tu::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

Thanks Mike!
steve99f
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Very knice old pistol. ::handshake::
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

I'd love to find one of those that somebody had in their sock drawer for 70 yeas or so.
Color me jealous
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Thats the way to pick up the bucket list.Beauty
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Samb

Post by Samb »

Nice looker, have you shot it yet?
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

steve99f wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:52 pm Picked this old timer up recently. Colt 1903 Type 3 in 32 ACP. Made in the early 20's. One of those bucket list guns for me. Its been reblued but in nice shape besides that.
That's badass man! I bet it's fun to shootl
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Nice pickup Steve.
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

Thank you all for the positive reinforcement! :D

I have shot it but need more time with it to do a better job acquiring and holding the sights. Designed as a pocket pistol, the sights were minimal to reduce snagging. Maybe if I had 20 year old eyes..... No function troubles in the 100 or so rounds I've put through it so far.

I've picked up a a couple of 32 ACP autos besides the Colt, a Beretta 81 and a couple of Savage 1907's, and really enjoy shooting this caliber. No noticeable recoil and can be accurate.
steve99f

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”